Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

More and more ultras groups from Eastern Europe are forming for international teams. When you compare them to Italian, German and French int'l support (which is pitiful in comparison to their club support) it really is impressive. Bosnia in particular.

More and more ultras groups from Eastern Europe are forming for international teams. When you compare them to Italian, German and French int'l support (which is pitiful in comparison to their club support) it really is impressive. Bosnia in particular.

Seems to be mostly ex-Eastern Bloc nations that have only had a chance to really express their national pride (sadly all too often express as overt racism mind) in the last 20-odd years or less.

• 2 weeks later...

French and Italian club support isn't great though, Germany aren't great travellers considering though.

Holland usually take good numbers don't they?

Really? Both on their day are absolutely superb.

The Milan sides always used to sound absolutely unreal in the CL.

Not sure I'd be full of praise for Balkan / Eastern Bloc "ultras" at international games tbh.

Racism and violence rife, Albania, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro all recently sanctioned and I don't even follow it that closely.

Always find it a bit odd that most of FT's more active ultra enthusiasts are quite firmly left wing yet a vast majority of the groups they're fan worshiping have a dubious - at best - relationship with fascism, racism, nationalism, prejudice and violence.

There's undoubtedly a fair few apolitical groups out there at club level, though not as many as I'm sure you'd like to think, but nationally? Seems a lot different.

Not sure I'd be full of praise for Balkan / Eastern Bloc "ultras" at international games tbh.

Racism and violence rife, Albania, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro all recently sanctioned and I don't even follow it that closely.

Always find it a bit odd that most of FT's more active ultra enthusiasts are quite firmly left wing yet a vast majority of the groups they're fan worshiping have a dubious - at best - relationship with fascism, racism, nationalism, prejudice and violence.

There's undoubtedly a fair few apolitical groups out there at club level, though not as many as I'm sure you'd like to think, but nationally? Seems a lot different.

Can't understand what they are singing so I just see 20,000 Bosnians at Austria and the noise they make and think - 'yeah, pretty good support that'.

Would be naive to think that nationalism doesn't come into it as VB said, but if England and Wales had had a similar recent history to the nations over there you'd be foolish to think it wouldn't creep in.

No fan worshipping of radical groups as far as I can see though. I am a big fan of the Unity and Jubos at Dortmund for obvious reasons and they are fairly apolitical (...okay a bit left).

• Like 2

Nobody's "fan worshipping" anyone. We're all well aware of the politics of a lot of the former Eastern Bloc groups and their members. Just passing comment on the scene in general. Otherwise this thread would just be a load of us rimming Aris and Pauli tifos for pages on end.

• Like 1