Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Just shows what can be achieved in the UK, but no call for it south of the border.

Can't wait for Monday, i look forward to the OF matches more than any other.

Im not 100% up on it up there but I think UB are protected some degree by the club in terms of pyro. Of course they know how to do it most times and avoid police identifying members but surely the club are also helping them

by not pulling stadium bans and tifo bans on members after pyro shows.

Down here you get caught the Police will slap you with a 3 year FBO and Leicester will do their own bans on top. One possible reason why less pyro for example.

The away allocations are crippling the OF spectacle.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Im not 100% up on it up there but I think UB are protected some degree by the club in terms of pyro. Of course they know how to do it most times and avoid police identifying members but surely the club are also helping them

by not pulling stadium bans and tifo bans on members after pyro shows.

Down here you get caught the Police will slap you with a 3 year FBO and Leicester will do their own bans on top. One possible reason why less pyro for example.

That wouldn't surprise me, very little seems to be done when pyro is used up there.  Pyro is great but i don't care about it I would just like to see each club with an active group to increase atmosphere.  But the difference seems to be apathy and laziness.  So few supporters in England can be arsed to organise anything, we just turn up watch game go home, its just not like that in every other country, kind of weird when you think about it.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

That wouldn't surprise me, very little seems to be done when pyro is used up there.  Pyro is great but i don't care about it I would just like to see each club with an active group to increase atmosphere.  But the difference seems to be apathy and laziness.  So few supporters in England can be arsed to organise anything, we just turn up watch game go home, its just not like that in every other country, kind of weird when you think about it.

Isn't part of the issue the lack of available space? Look at our singing section and the fuss made about people having to move. With season tickets being sold in every area of the ground you'd have to relocate a lot of fans and clubs don't want that hassle.

Just now, Corky said:

Isn't part of the issue the lack of available space? Look at our singing section and the fuss made about people having to move. With season tickets being sold in every area of the ground you'd have to relocate a lot of fans and clubs don't want that hassle.

Well at least we have a group, the size of such groups often increase through the seasons, you need club help though.

I'm not blaming fans entirely some have tried to start groups and just hit brick walls.  

9 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I am surprised you don’t see more groups like we have at our place, Palace, Boro, Ipswich, Arsenal, Huddersfield on the back of how good the scene is at Rangers. Like I see Leicester lads scoff at UFS that travel to Rangers games and buy tickets as close as possible to Union Bears. Rangers being such a link down here you'd think that culture would perhaps pass on through that.

You are right though I think on the laziness point. It takes effort to get organised, put it to your club, sell it in your fanbase and keep going.

On 31/12/2022 at 15:55, SemperEadem said:

The away allocations are crippling the OF spectacle.

Frustrating that Scottish Cup/League Cup are only shown on Premier Sports (I think.)

Folk in England only ever get to see the OF at Ibrox/Parkhead with the poxy away allocations but miss out on the derbies at Hampden. The fan scenes and atmosphere at the last Hampden derby were off the scale.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JMenzfeld said:

Frustrating that Scottish Cup/League Cup are only shown on Premier Sports (I think.)

Folk in England only ever get to see the OF at Ibrox/Parkhead with the poxy away allocations but miss out on the derbies at Hampden. The fan scenes and atmosphere at the last Hampden derby were off the scale.

I'm sure plenty of people in England have seen them, just a shame none of it translates to  south of the border.

6 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm sure plenty of people in England have seen them, just a shame none of it translates to  south of the border.

They probably see bits but the only time I see non-Rangers folk on my Twitter really talking about the OF is during the league derbies. Sky are just better at promoting it.

Anyway, your point stands that it just doesn't translate down here.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Great stuff from Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen this weekend. 

They're almost at the point now that they don't need to cover themselves when doing pyro, Rangers and Celtic lads for example just stood there face covered when they crack the flares. 

True, the clubs don't seem too bothered by it all.  But imagine those scenes in England and what the fallout would be.  Seems they have it very good North of the border.  Probably why the scene is so alive up there whilst we have silent grounds and no culture left.

Imagine what the final is going to be like.  Can't wait.

Edited by purpleronnie