Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

10 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Incredible we gave scenes like this in Scotland.

kilmarnock-n-47

And ironically, every fan in the Aberdeen section got patted down by security before reaching the turnstiles, causing long queues.

There were red and white smoke bombs pre match and a few when we scored.   

If they did the same pre match checks for the old firm then they aren't very good at their job.......

It's only 1 accident away from a clamp down by the authorities and threats of ground closures. 

At the moment, the authorities pander to the Glasgow 2. 

We even had a version of "No pope of Rome", on Sunday and not a peep out of the SFA or  SFL. 

I havnt heard that at a ground for years. 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

And ironically, every fan in the Aberdeen section got patted down by security before reaching the turnstiles, causing long queues.

If they did the same pre match checks for the old firm then they aren't very good at their job.......

It's only 1 accident away from a clamp down by the authorities and threats of ground closures. 

We even had a version of "No pope of Rome", on Sunday and not a peep out of the SFA or  SFL. 

Yeah its almost as if they've accepted that they can't stop it so they allow it.  I remember a young fan being burnt at celtic park during a champions league match, but still no clampdown.  Its really weird actually, if the club or police wanted to stop it I'm sure they could.

Its great for scottish fans but i have to say i would love to know why its accepted.

3 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I was in the Rangers end and we got about as much a pat down as you’d get going into an away game. Wouldn’t exactly take a genius to get the pyro in, just about not being caught out by CCTV once in the ground.

Edited by JMenzfeld
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2022 at 16:00, purpleronnie said:

That wouldn't surprise me, very little seems to be done when pyro is used up there.  Pyro is great but i don't care about it I would just like to see each club with an active group to increase atmosphere.  But the difference seems to be apathy and laziness.  So few supporters in England can be arsed to organise anything, we just turn up watch game go home, its just not like that in every other country, kind of weird when you think about it.

Another thing I have noticed that in Scotland outside the old firm the groups there are very young in ages of the members. Look to be nearly all under 23.

Here you have groups of lads hanging about outside Symphony Rooms mixing with blokes in their 50’s talking about the good old days. They are wanting the approval of these older ex hooligans. 
I think north of the border they find their own way a little more. They want the ultra route rather than old school casual.

55 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Are we not talking about the Notts Forest tifo from yesterday? Who paid for it?

Doesn’t deserve to be talked about in an ultras thread. It will have no respect on the scene.

They finance them through boat trips, merch and donations and then its printed by a printing company.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Doesn’t deserve to be talked about in an ultras thread. It will have no respect on the scene.

They finance them through boat trips, merch and donations and then its printed by a printing company.

16 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

oh aye thats it. printing company lol. imagine that

Old Firm definitely announced itself yesterday as one of the best derbies around for fan scenes, not just traditional atmosphere.

200 ultras going at it hours before kick off, 2 tifos, 2 pyroshows by Rangers, 1 pyroshow by Celtic + loads of pyro & fireworks throughout the match. Flags, banners, the full works. Atmosphere was at fever pitch at points.

14 minutes ago, JMenzfeld said:

Old Firm definitely announced itself yesterday as one of the best derbies around for fan scenes, not just traditional atmosphere.

200 ultras going at it hours before kick off, 2 tifos, 2 pyroshows by Rangers, 1 pyroshow by Celtic + loads of pyro & fireworks throughout the match. Flags, banners, the full works. Atmosphere was at fever pitch at points.

It was amusing going from that to then watching the EFL final.

Imagine the 2 groups in a stadium like Wembley, it would be incredible.  Even at Hampden which isn't conducive for atmosphere it was brillaint.

Edited by purpleronnie