Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

31 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

with the Union Bears and the Green Brigade do the clubs / police / Scottish government just turn a blind eye to the pyro, fireworks etc. etc or is it legally allowed now? 

Fair paly to everyone involved it looks incredible. 

None of that. They're doing it all with constant pressure and threat of bans, arrest, legislation and so on.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

None of that. They're doing it all with constant pressure and threat of bans, arrest, legislation and so on.

Even though things have happened against the group it seems like lip service compared to how it would be treated south of the border.  But theres no doubt the groups have fought against their clubs and have stuck together.  Its one thing we dont seem to have here a real strength of unity within the fan base, we seem much more apathetic.

I think we'll see more and more groups in scotland.

You dont have to go back very far to see even at old firm games fans all sitting down, this ultra style of support has transformed the atmosphere at a lot of clubs.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Even though things have happened against the group it seems like lip service compared to how it would be treated south of the border.  But theres no doubt the groups have fought against their clubs and have stuck together.  Its one thing we dont seem to have here a real strength of unity within the fan base, we seem much more apathetic.

I think we'll see more and more groups in scotland.

You dont have to go back very far to see even at old firm games fans all sitting down, this ultra style of support has transformed the atmosphere at a lot of clubs.

It's got a lot of young guys into attending games as well. Saw Scotland has the highest football attendance per capita in Europe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's got a lot of young guys into attending games as well. Saw Scotland has the highest football attendance per capita in Europe. 

Ties in slightly to what I saw when I went a game up there in July (Scottish League Cup).

10 young lads from St Johnstone with a few tinnies walking to the ground (away game in Dumfries) larking about with each other - the right side of being a bunch of Saturday idiots. Was thinking how rare I see that now in England 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2023 at 12:51, SemperEadem said:

They push each other which is why in recent years since covid it just seems relentless up there.

Didn't think the Rangers one worked very well on Sunday. 

The phoenix looked better. 

The trouble at 9am just spoils it for the rest of us.  It gives police a reason to hassle football fans. 

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's been an upsurge in non Old firm attendances, and definitely seeing bigger away followings from Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Killie, Motherwell and Utd. 

The away day novelty after covid has stuck at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Travelled with a huge "Ultras" banner as well. Seems the completely accepted norm now that clubs have an ultras group there. 

Yep, I think they've seen how the GB and UB have transformed the atmosphere, cant be many clubs without an active group now.