Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

Got back from Frankfurt last night. 

Although there wasn't an official display from their fans, my word do the Germans know how to support their team and create atmosphere. 

My first time in Germany and I had heard how good the "fan experience" (apologies, I hate using that term) was compared to the UK. Its absolutely night and day. 

As a 1 club city, it was brilliant to see the vast majority of the pubs / restaurants / shops have some sort of reference to their team on the wall. 

VideoCapture_20230923-130952.thumb.jpg.b6ed51a5d9018b2e58668bdb6ce44010.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Yes,  sorry for not being clear in the first place.

No problem.

This video below shows a fair amount of the prep for one.

The amount of work of course depends on the size and whether its a purely foil one (the individual squares) or a surfer (big flag type thing passed over heads). 

You can either project and trace imagery or use a grid system and plot from that. The video above shows the grid system.

A starting point is having the stand seating plan in really high detail and then being able to position the imagery and materials onto this.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

No problem.

The amount of work of course depends on the size and whether its a purely foil one (the individual squares) or a surfer (big flag type thing passed over heads). 

You can either project and trace imagery or use a grid system and plot from that. The video above shows the grid system.

A starting point is having the stand seating plan in really high detail and then being able to position the imagery and materials onto this.

Out of interest have you ever considered / asked the club to do a UFS one? for an anniversary or something? Just think it would help with the groups exposure. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Out of interest have you ever considered / asked the club to do a UFS one? for an anniversary or something? Just think it would help with the groups exposure. 

10 years is fast approaching for the groups anniversary. Got to be careful what I say as they don't like us talking but yes we have asked the question.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

How long before we get a Lyon/AC milan ultra style telling off by ultras in scotland, tellin ya its heading that way.

Apparently half the team went down the tunnel and Tavenier tried to get them back. 

Tavenier has had to take stick outside St Johnstone from his fans last season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Apparently half the team went down the tunnel and Tavenier tried to get them back. 

Tavenier has had to take stick outside St Johnstone from his fans last season. 

Yep, imagine that at our place LOL.

Great scenes in the away end after Aberdeen scored, I think the yoof say 'LIMBS'.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 10:01, SemperEadem said:

No problem.

That is really insightful video.   Absolutely loved the photo of all fans under the flag.

I know you guys do get fair bit of feedback from fans but I hope you get some from players and management as well in the future if that has not already happened. 

• 3 weeks later...