Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

Lovren unable to get a Visa to join up with Liverpool on the US tour, God knows why, criminal. 

Means he will only play one pre-season game with the senior squad now before the season starts, not exactly ideal. 

Origi signed, straight back to Lille, not the most exciting signing. 

Borini in further talks with Sunderland but his shoulder injury is the stumbling factor now. 

Moreno will be a last minute August signing, Sevilla want him for the Super Cup Final probably to see if they can raise more cash for him. 

I don't want to say it's a certainty but strong rumours are that Rodgers is going to go all out for Isco. 

Don't think you need Isco. You need a new striker.

Don't think you need Isco. You need a new striker.

Oh big time mate, we need a big name striker though and unfortunately right now I don't think we do have that pull, maybe a Champions League run and a top four finish could do the trick. 

Isco would be a beaut signing for us though. 

Oh big time mate, we need a big name striker though and unfortunately right now I don't think we do have that pull, maybe a Champions League run and a top four finish could do the trick. 

Isco would be a beaut signing for us though. 

Oh I don't disagree. Isco would walk into most teams in England.

But with Coutinho and Sterling, I think you're well covered in that area. Besides, theres no point having a goal maker if you've got nobody to put it in the net.

Oh I don't disagree. Isco would walk into most teams in England.

But with Coutinho and Sterling, I think you're well covered in that area. Besides, theres no point having a goal maker if you've got nobody to put it in the net.

Don't know if I ever put it in this thread but I think Raheem Sterling will be an out and out striker for us in the coming years, there is no chance he is just a winger. I remember Wenger once saying Theo Walcott could be a centre forward, I really think Sterling can be. A lot more to his game than his pace. 

So Everton, in one signing, possibly make more of a statement of intent, than all of Liverpool's put together, by signing lukaku for 28 million.

Thoughts?

Er my thoughts are that they finished 12 points behind us with him and I fully expect them to finish around the same points behind us this season. 

£28 million for Lukaku is a lot of money for them, shit or bust. 

We're currently 1-0 down to Man City in this friendly tournament, could be a few more to them to be fair, Glen Johnson has come on at HT and he is now a painfully bad footballer. 

Right on cue, Horrenderson makes it 1-1 with a lovely finish. 

Er my thoughts are that they finished 12 points behind us with him and I fully expect them to finish around the same points behind us this season. 

£28 million for Lukaku is a lot of money for them, shit or bust. 

Haha, true. I've got to agree with you there. A few beers had been consumed and it was a terrible attempt at fishing, accept my apologies lol.

This will stir a few of you in to a huge frenzy but I am not on a wind up here, Raheem Sterling is the best teenager in world football right now.

Tough one to say, but there are certainly other equally as good teenagers in their own way:

Marquinhos

Zouma

Halilovic

Doria

Janujaz

Shaw

Draxler (or is he 20 now?)

Fischer

Werner

Goretzka

Just to name a few.

Tough one to say, but there are certainly other equally as good teenagers in their own way:

Marquinhos

Zouma

Halilovic

Doria

Janujaz

Shaw

Draxler (or is he 20 now?)

Fischer

Werner

Goretzka

Just to name a few.

Sorry but none of them are better than Raheem Sterling, not one, especially not Januzaj. :D

This will stir a few of you in to a huge frenzy but I am not on a wind up here, Raheem Sterling is the best teenager in world football right now.

Another big season for him, so many young English talents who just fade away into nothing over the past 10 or so years for one reason or another. David Bentley, Jermaine Pennant, Michael Johnson and Joe Cole to name but a few.

Another big season for him, so many young English talents who just fade away into nothing over the past 10 or so years for one reason or another. David Bentley, Jermaine Pennant, Michael Johnson and Joe Cole to name but a few.

Yeah I hear you, but thankfully I think Raheem is going to go to stardom, especially with Liverpool. 

Just wish we gave him the number 7 shirt when Suarez left. 

Hey grandad do you think liverpool will finish above man utd this season?

I can't see why not? 

If anything Man United have fell even further behind us in terms of their squad. Don't buy into this "they aren't in Europe so that will benefit them", simple fact is they just aren't good enough at the moment to be beating Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and even Spurs, nothing has changed in terms of getting stronger, lost 2 centre halfs which haven't been replaced, sold an established left back and replaced him with a £30 million overweight full back and brought in a midfielder who looks a good player but at his age I am expecting him to have a bit of a transitional period. 

I can't see why not? 

If anything Man United have fell even further behind us in terms of their squad. Don't buy into this "they aren't in Europe so that will benefit them", simple fact is they just aren't good enough at the moment to be beating Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and even Spurs, nothing has changed in terms of getting stronger, lost 2 centre halfs which haven't been replaced, sold an established left back and replaced him with a £30 million overweight full back and brought in a midfielder who looks a good player but at his age I am expecting him to have a bit of a transitional period. 

You fancy a wager? 

Sorry but none of them are better than Raheem Sterling, not one, especially not Januzaj. :D

It's tough to compare players of different positions etc, but you've got to at least admit that in his respective position, at least Marquinhos is equally as good, having had such a good campaign which included Champions League football. I've not checked Draxler's age, but if he's still in his teens, he is far ahead of Sterling too.

Just how far ahead do you think Sterling is then, and on what level of regard/ability do you hold him right now, nevermind in the future then?

Right now?

I think he is exceptional. Pace, skill, intelligent, his strength for his size is amazing, scores all types of goals, creates all kinds of goals, beats a man with his pace or his skill, good passer and will only get better and better. 

Draxler is nearly 21. 

So like I said mate, Raheem Sterling is the best teenage footballer in the world. 

It's tough to compare players of different positions etc, but you've got to at least admit that in his respective position, at least Marquinhos is equally as good, having had such a good campaign which included Champions League football. I've not checked Draxler's age, but if he's still in his teens, he is far ahead of Sterling too.

Just how far ahead do you think Sterling is then, and on what level of regard/ability do you hold him right now, nevermind in the future then?

Draxler is 21 in September.

Archived