Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

Gotta feel a bit sorry for Lambert. Nearly an ever-present in a Saints side, scoring goals and playing well, such that England came knocking.

Now he's at Liverpool.. yeah ok, he's earnt his big money move but he doesn't appear to be featuring and is warming the bench whilst Balotelli struts around on the Anfield turf.

I hope Lambert gets some game time..he might not have Mario's natural ability..but he's gonna give you far more effort and commitment.

Annoyed I didn't back Villa Saturday. Sakho the horrible back in defence and no Sturridge/Sterling equals a pretty average side in today's terms.

Think Liverpool will struggle to hang on for 4th as well. Weight of CL football about to kick in as well.

As for resting players I found it truly baffling from Rodgers given it's Ludrograts coming up, if he was going to rest players they should have done it tonight, a far easier game than Villa.

As for resting players I found it truly baffling from Rodgers given it's Ludrograts coming up, if he was going to rest players they should have done it tonight, a far easier game than Villa.

First game in CL for five years. I'm not sure the Liverpool fans would accept too many changes.

Oh and edit to say good luck to everyone spelling the opposition tonight....

Ludogorets sorry lol

I think most Liverpool fans would realise a top four finish is imperative and they need to have their best side out, this is an opposition that has snuck past Partizan and Steaua, I'm never one for writing off smaller sides but Liverpool should be more than capable of beating them at home resting a couple of players.

Told Fox92 in the betting thread on Friday that backing Villa was a good bet, we haven't beat them in 4 years at Anfield I think it is, they have got it over us at the minute. 

Last night wasn't too great, playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 really doesn't work for us. Balotelli was coming far too deep. Much different when Sturridge returns, which will be sooner rather than later it seems. Really missed Joe Allen in the last two games! 

God knows how you lot seem to be writing Liverpool off after a defeat to Villa and Man United are now back because they beat a woeful QPR 4-0. 

Long, long way to go. 

God knows how you lot seem to be writing Liverpool off after a defeat to Villa and Man United are now back because they beat a woeful QPR 4-0.

The OTT reaction to Man U is very embarrassing.

I think it's fair to make an assessment on Liverpool though, you can also tell it's going to harder to maintain what they did last season and the loss of a player of Suarez's magnitude was always going to take time to recover from. They'll probably be more games like Villa on the way at times this season. You were on a crest of a wave last season as well, in terms of starting XI Liverpool probably weren't the second best side in the league despite finishing there, it was just a lot of factors came together and you rid the wave of it all, you nearly won a league on emotion by the end.

Finishing top 4 would still be a magnificent achievement this season. Chelsea and Man City look to have the top 2 places and I think most would expect Arsenal, LPool and Man U to be fighting for 2 places from the next 3.

I stil rate Rodgers highly btw, but I'm very dubious to his transfer business this summer. The signing of Balotelli is generally a desperate stop gap for any manager.

To be fair it's not massively the loss of Suarez that's an issue, as seen last season when Suarez was suspended sturridge stepped up. vs villa an last night they were without Suarez and sturridge. That's obviously going to cause any side major issues. Be like us without nuge an vardy, or Chelsea without Costa and fabregas etc.

As for united it's more the assumption that everyone will click because on paper that is a sensational attacking team, if it goes well it's going to go very well.

I think it's fair to make an assessment on Liverpool though, you can also tell it's going to harder to maintain what they did last season and the loss of a player of Suarez's magnitude was always going to take time to recover from. They'll probably be more games like Villa on the way at times this season. You were on a crest of a wave last season as well, in terms of starting XI Liverpool probably weren't the second best side in the league despite finishing there, it was just a lot of factors came together and you rid the wave of it all, you nearly won a league on emotion by the end.

Finishing top 4 would still be a magnificent achievement this season. Chelsea and Man City look to have the top 2 places and I think most would expect Arsenal, LPool and Man U to be fighting for 2 places from the next 3.

I stil rate Rodgers highly btw, but I'm very dubious to his transfer business this summer. The signing of Balotelli is generally a desperate stop gap for any manager.

The Man United craze is incredible, they are still pretty poor. 

Yeah, you can't replace Suarez, it is as simple as that, just like Man United couldn't replace Ronaldo, you just bring in more players, that's what we have done. I have said from day one, midfield wise I never thought we would bring in anyone who would move anyone out of that midfield, Coutinho for me struggles to get in. Rodgers has played 4-3-3 the last two games to play Lallana, simple as that and when we have brought him off, gone back to the diamond with two up top we have looked more dangerous. 

You see what we can do to good sides at White Hart Lane, the diamond is the way we play, two up top. 

You can't write Balotelli off yet either, he has played one game with Sturridge who will be his partner, I still have full faith in their partnership. 

I will be happy with top four. 

Is it OTT to fear the likes of Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao, Mata...?

Yes they 'only' beat QPR, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The press may well be saying "they've only beaten Leicester" after doing the same to us.

I agree they're not up to the level of Chelsea, who will win this title with ease, but they're very dangerous now. However, if we stay tight at the back, they're always vunerable.

Play like we did against Stoke and we'll get absolutely battered. Lets not kid ourselves.

Archived