Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Rotherham & other City/Town child abuse scandals

We used to pay for taxis for the disabled and elderly to come and shop at Sainsburys a few years back.

We stopped doing it when they started abusing the service. Disgraceful really.

You would find it hard to find a white driver at the station. With the amount of black cabs along Conduit Street it's a wonder how they make a living during the day. Most just sit in their cabs playing cards. The queue is from the station right past the Dawn Centre.

Not funny but will be unsurprising to any of us who live in the real world.

Even down here the amount of stories you hear about what Asian taxi drivers try and think they can get up to when taking drunk birds home is quite shocking.

If you were a single travelling white drunk girl in a northern town it's perfectly understandable you wouldn't want to take your chances.

Mongolian and Vietnamese are pure gents, but Uzbeks and Burmese are awful. Whenever I catch a cab, I always specify no European and australiasian please

• 3 months later...

Six months on and as a few of us predicted, still going on.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/rotherham-child-sex-victim-says-she-still-sees-abusers-driving-young-girls-in-their-car-as-claims-emerge-of-hundreds-of-new-cases-10009992.html

A victim of the child sex scandal in Rotherham has claimed that her abusers are "untouchable".

The survivor, who wishes only to be known as 'Gemma', told Sky News that she still sees her abusers targeting young women, and criticised the actions of police in bringing the perpetrators to justice.

She said that problems in the Yorkshire town, which was revealed by the Alexis Jay report last year to have harboured 1,400 cases of child sexual exploitation, were "still going on" - and were "worse because now they're having to hide it more".

She said: "I'm still seeing my abusers driving young girls in their car. They're untouchable."

In the report, which was published in August, hundreds of children were found to have been sexually exploited, mainly by Asian gangs. Rotherham Council and South Yorkshire Police were condemned for having failed to adequately tackle the problem.

An investigation conducted by Sky News has now claimed that hundreds more cases were known to authorities prior to publication of the report in August, and that hundreds more are still being reported.

'Gemma' said: "All they care about is getting a statement. Six months on we've had no arrests, we've had no charges, evidence is still being lost."

And if the alleged abusers were politicians or other parts of the establishment it would be decades.

An interesting way to look at it.

It's been decades with this actually, it's now widely accepted it's been going on since the 80's.

And if the alleged abusers were politicians or other parts of the establishment it would be decades.

I see that documents that could have been used against politicians have been shredded so cases have been dropped. If you had attempted to destroy evidence prior to arrest I doubt you would get away with it. But I suppose if you are a politician you are allowed this privilege.

I see that documents that could have been used against politicians have been shredded so cases have been dropped. If you had attempted to destroy evidence prior to arrest I doubt you would get away with it. But I suppose if you are a politician you are allowed this privilege.

The shredded papers were in relation to expenses and were done so by the Met.

The peadophile dossier was apparantly 'lost'.

Sorry I got them mixed up but I think they also 'mislaid' papers relating to abuse but without them it is just speculation.

Or parliamentary privilege I suppose.

Don't forget the Royals as well, they are all peadophiles.

Front page of the Times tomorrow claiming two local councillors and a policeman directly involved in the abuse

Yeah, the more I learn about this, the scarier it gets.

I will not be surprised when the perpetrators begin reaching for large jars of pills - the fall out from this if it's investigated thoroughly will be particularly bad.

I just hope it is allowed to play out with minimal political involvement and exploitation.

If people made politically motivated decisions regarding covering this up we should know and those people be held fully accountable for it.

Too late but at least doing the right thing eventually, the whole council cabinet has resigned.

Eric Pickles having to send in commissioners to run the place in the same way he's had to with Tower Hamlets.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31130750

Main parts of the report.....

The report found the council has a "deep-rooted" culture of cover-ups and silencing whistleblowers.

looked in detail at case files and met with more than 200 people, including current and former staff, council members, partners, victims and parents.

Child abusers in Rotherham are identified but "little or no action is taken to stop or even disrupt their activities".

Rotherham Council demonstrated a "resolute denial" of the child abuse that was taking place.

Ms Casey said the local authority was "repeatedly told" by its own youth service

Children as young as 11 were raped by multiple perpetrators, abducted, trafficked to other cities in England, beaten and intimidated.

Staff at the council did not report issues for fear of appearing racist.

Investigators were told that former council leader Roger Stone had been "a bully".

The really sad thing is it's still going on, just something we appear to have to get used to now. What a sick place to live.

May really should have gone for her ineptness in getting the inquiry that is now to be chaired by the kiwi, Goddard J, up and running

She could have gone for a lot of things recently, the disgraceful procedural prestidigitation of the European Arrest Warrant debate for a start.

Reading the report it's clear we need some sort of body to monitor taxi firms as well across the North of England if so many of them are going to openly allow the transport of young children for prostituion. The Jay Report into child sexual exploitation in Rotherham said 'taxi drivers' and 'many taxi firms' played a "prominent role" in the abuse of more than 1,400 children.

Edited by MattP

She could have gone for a lot of things recently, the disgraceful procedural prestidigitation of the European Arrest Warrant debate for a start.

Reading the report it's clear we need some sort of body to monitor taxi firms as well across the North of England if so many of them are going to openly allow the transport of young children for prostituion. The Jay Report into child sexual exploitation in Rotherham said 'taxi drivers' and 'many taxi firms' played a "prominent role" in the abuse of more than 1,400 children.

I think she's a Maggie wannabe.

Pleased about the action taken against Rotherham but there has been a stunning lack of judgement by May in relation to the broader issue and an apparent inconsistency in consequences for those who have fvcked up.

I think she's a Maggie wannabe.

Pleased about the action taken against Rotherham but there has been a stunning lack of judgement by May in relation to the broader issue and an apparent inconsistency in consequences for those who have fvcked up.

It pretty much sums up the whole situation at the minute we can't find a person within Great Britain to head up though the child abuse inquiry as everyone who has been selected so far has been linked to the establishment.

With this, the Elm Lodge, Savile, the Muslim grooming gangs up and down the country, Brittain/Smith in Parliament, Dolphin Square etc etc you get the feeling we're about ready to knock the Berlin Wall down with uncovering what has been going on here in the last 50 odd years and a lot of people must be shitting themselves.

Edited by MattP