Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Rotherham & other City/Town child abuse scandals

You can't just go blaming left or liberal politics that's for sure.

I can't think of anyone liberal that would like British children to be subjected to abuse.

You certainly can blame the left. If it wasn't for their aggressive attitude towards making accusations of racism this would never have happened. They are very much at fault.

That they wouldn't like these things to happen is irrelevant, of course they wouldn't like it, nobody would. That doesn't excuse them for failing to understand the consequences of their actions.

• Like 1

My answer would be better education and more investment in young people. I don't think you will easily change the attitudes of adults but we can give the next generation a better chance.

Pretty much this.. No those responsible may not put their hands up hence the investigation to find who is accountable and then punish them. Then there needs to be safeguards in place to ensure it does not happen again which would involve examining the areas where things can be improved. One way is through better education of the young in those communities.

My answer would be better education and more investment in young people. I don't think you will easily change the attitudes of adults but we can give the next generation a better chance.

Good answer..my Mrs is a teacher-she's doing her best...lets hope the little shits learn something!

You're a massive racist.

A massive culturalist is what I am my friend, a massive culturalist. You on the other hand could be seen as being in denial and if this is the case then I do feel for you. Everyone knows that you work for the council and some of your colleagues must know that you post on here so maybe this affects your posts in these matters, maybe you cant really express your true feelings? but... I have never met you and I would not like to judge you as a person from posts on an internet forum.

Cheers, Rod

I remember quite clearly the thread he made in which he implied that black people are more likely to engage in criminal activity because they are black.

He never said it explicitly (probably because he knew he'd be slaughtered if he did), preferring to dance around the subject posting 'clues' so people could come to his conclusion themselves. He seemed to be rather enjoying himself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28925915

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28984452

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/violence-overshadows-notting-hill-carnival-4108130

Etc etc etc....

Why are you not being called a racist for this comment, Raj?

I know this is partly addressed to me so I'll answer it. I didn't call him a racist because he made no further comment on it. He simply stated a fact and made it clear that was all he was doing. In your thread you did a bit more than that as I recall.

An answer to my question would be appreciated.

There is also a big percentage of inmates with learning difficulties, come from a broken home and previously been in care. Stats available online from the parole and prison service.

That's sort of an irrelevant point though.

Those things you mentioned put you at a disadvantage at life and therefore more likely to go off the rails and end up in prison. I don't think being black is a disadvantage nowadays. Even if it is a slight disadvantage, it's no worse a disadvantage than being female or physically disabled for example, and those two groups aren't over-represented within the prison population like black people are.

On right now:

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/pakistans-hidden-shame-documentary-to-air-on-channel-4

Pakistan's Hidden Shame documentary to air on Channel 4
28 APR 2014NEWS RELEASES

Pakistan is one of the world's most important Muslim nations, a nuclear power, which is allied to the West in the war against terror and a democracy. But Pakistan is also a country in denial, turning a blind eye to the sexual exploitation of many thousands of poor and vulnerable children.

"It’s one of the most sad and shameful aspects of our society. I have to say I’m totally embarrassed by this" Imran Khan

It's estimated that over 4million children across Pakistan are forced to work from an early age due to poverty, of these up to 1.5 million live on the streets with no home to go to. This film focusses on the north-western city of Peshawar, where it is estimated 9 out of every 10 street children have been sexually abused.

Brightly coloured buses depicting historical heroes are found all over Pakistan. These buses are a main element of the Pakistan economy. But behind the colour lies another much darker story, much of the sexual abuse of young boys’ takes place at bus and truck terminals. In one survey alone, 95% of truck drivers admitted having sex with boys was their favourite entertainment during rest breaks.

“I get bothered a lot. The bus driver, the van guy, sometimes they tell me to climb on the roof of the bus and do bad things with them.” Mohammed, 9-years-old

A 2010 UNICEF report suggests that traditional Pakistani cultural values of purity and the protection of women have contributed to men preying on boys. This theory is backed up by some psychologists, who suggest that the attraction to young boys stems from the segregation of the sexes, where women are perceived as the inferior gender, rarely seen in public and with very few rights. A recent World Economic Forum report named Pakistan the second worst country in the world when it comes to equal opportunities for women.

'A woman is a thing you keep at home' says Ejaz, a bus conductor 'you can't take women out because people stare at them - they're useless things; you have to show propriety and chasteness with them. You can take boys around anywhere with you and it isn't a big deal.'

We follow 13 year old Naeem, whose parents died when he was 8. His older brother began beating him and he ran away from home. He has now been addicted to heroin for five years and frequently sells his body to fund his habit. Pakistan has over 1million heroin users, and over 30% of those who inject the drug are HIV positive. Being so close to the Afghan border means that drugs are plentiful in Peshawar.

World sportsman, now turned politician, Imran Khan, said he was shocked by the evidence we presented to him, 'I must say, I know it happened. I didn't realise it happened to the extent you are saying.'

One of the biggest problems is that police on the ground are often caught up with Taliban attacks and the safety of the children isn't a priority. In the last five years approximately 700 policemen have been killed in terrorist attacks. The ever increasing terrorism in Pakistan has come to a breaking point; the security agencies are too busy trying to protect against terrorism to enforce the laws of the land. They claim it is very difficult for them to go out and protect street children.

Pakistan’s Hidden Shame will open the eyes of the world to the dark underbelly of moral degradation that permeates not just this city, but many others including Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi and even the nation's capital, Islamabad.

“It’s going on everywhere. In the big cities, or small cities, towns. Everywhere this is happening.” Zia Awan, lawyer and child rights activist”

Pakistan’s Hidden Shame was produced almost entirely by a Pakistani production team. The film has the full co-operation of local charity workers trying to help the children involved. Written and produced by double-Emmy Award winner Jamie Doran, and directed by Special Emmy Winner Mohammed Al Naqvi. The film is narrated by Juliet Stevenson. TX June 2014

This is horrid and scary, how shameful, i hope those feckers that protest at trafalgar square everyday at the wests so called treatment of muslims in afghan, get outside the pakistan embassy and do something about it!!

Edited by Dr The Singh

On right now:

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/pakistans-hidden-shame-documentary-to-air-on-channel-4

This is horrid and scary, how shameful, i hope those feckers that protest at trafalgar square everyday at the wests so called treatment of muslims in afghan, get outside the pakistan embassy and do something about it!!

Explains alot, as to why this behaviour is happening in our country

am i right or wrong rincey?

right. I know someone who is an ex-offender and set up Inside 'N' Out a magazine which addresses re0offending and ways of stopping it. He has worked with the prison service and parole board and is able to get accurate figures both government and independent. He is now doing mentor work.

Did you know it costs over 30k a year for a male prisoner much more for a woman?

This doesn't break it down into ethnic groups.

Population and Capacity Briefing for Friday 29/08/2014             Total   Prisons NOMS Operated IRCs Population 85,401   84,574 827 Male population 81,489   80,662 827 Female population 3,912   3,912 0           Useable Operational Capacity 87,688   86,698 990           Home Detention Curfew caseload 2,062