Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Radio Leicester commentators

Where on earth do they get these cretins from?? Virtually everything they say is wrong. It's like they've let a couple of gibbering idiots loose on the air, there's no professional tone to their voices at all. They can't seem to tell one player from the other. Egerton was on about it being Stearman's first goal for the club last night when in fact he scored against Millwall last season. There are two or three players who you won't hear about for half an hour at a time. Fair enough players like Williams can drift out of the game but there's no way he doesn't touch the ball for that long in a game, especially playing in central midfield, and even if he's not in the game much they could at least mention the fact that he's playing. They blither on about Leicestershire cricket games during football matches. Their knowledge of other football clubs is absolutely awful. The way they report even the slightest of surprising results is embarrassing ("Listen... to this... Gillingham... 1... Wigan... 0" like the kid in the wheelchair on Malcolm in the Middle). They set themselves up as fans and then ask themselves questions on air about City that they don't know the answers to and end up sounding like complete buffoons. The one that got me was when Connolly scored his hat-trick against Stoke the other night - "when was the last time a Leicester City player scored a hat-trick?" "it must have been years ago" - someone goes away and looks it up... five minutes later - "Paul Dickov against Wimbledon two years ago" Egerton: "Wimbledon?? Two years ago?? We played Wimbledon two years ago? That seems very surprising." Of course, Connolly himself played for Wimbledon that season.

Where on earth do they get these cretins from?? Virtually everything they say is wrong. It's like they've let a couple of gibbering idiots loose on the air, there's no professional tone to their voices at all. They can't seem to tell one player from the other. Egerton was on about it being Stearman's first goal for the club last night when in fact he scored against Millwall last season. There are two or three players who you won't hear about for half an hour at a time. Fair enough players like Williams can drift out of the game but there's no way he doesn't touch the ball for that long in a game, especially playing in central midfield, and even if he's not in the game much they could at least mention the fact that he's playing. They blither on about Leicestershire cricket games during football matches. Their knowledge of other football clubs is absolutely awful. The way they report even the slightest of surprising results is embarrassing ("Listen... to this... Gillingham... 1... Wigan... 0" like the kid in the wheelchair on Malcolm in the Middle). They set themselves up as fans and then ask themselves questions on air about City that they don't know the answers to and end up sounding like complete buffoons. The one that got me was when Connolly scored his hat-trick against Stoke the other night - "when was the last time a Leicester City player scored a hat-trick?" "it must have been years ago" - someone goes away and looks it up... five minutes later - "Paul Dickov against Wimbledon two years ago" Egerton: "Wimbledon?? Two years ago?? We played Wimbledon two years ago? That seems very surprising." Of course, Connolly himself played for Wimbledon that season.

162406[/snapback]

great post, especially the highlighted bit,lol great

lol Go to the games if you don't want to hear them.

162436[/snapback]

Not everyone is a position to attend all the games especially now the Saturday 3pm slot is no longer sacrosanct.

Why shouldn't radio commentators do their training the same as footballers and every other worker? And part of that training if you are going to be a frontline football commentator is to familiarise yourself with the players so they can recognise them and talk about them with authority.

That's why people like John Motson are respected. They dot the i's and cross the t's.

What's on offer just now seems pretty uninspiring.

It was pretty bad last night, but maybe it was that bad a game with so few chances to discuss.. i did read a few quotes from a few people that went last night that it was the easiest game we've had in ages. I lost count of the amount of times they mentioned the Crewe defeat last night, like it was the shock of the century :D

Crewe 2 City Crewe

It was pretty bad last night, but maybe it was that bad a game with so few chances to discuss.. i did read a few quotes from a few people that went last night that it was the easiest game we've had in ages. I lost count of the amount of times they mentioned the Crewe defeat last night, like it was the shock of the century  :D

Crewe 2 City Crewe

162606[/snapback]

Glad it wasn't just me who picked up on that, no-one seemed to mention that apart from me ;)

Be careful what you say on here, Jon Barber read this forum (fact) :ph34r:

162660[/snapback]

Good! I sometimes hope and wish players read these forums - Its called "constructive criticism"

I enjoy his excitement (jon barber that is) it shows he actually wants us to do well, unlike last season when it was like 'oh and it's a goal...'

it will come with practise though, get the background knowledge correct and he'll be a decent commentator, it's been a lot worse in past seasons

Who was the guy who kept cutting in with a few comments in the 1st half, not the actual commentator. Is he the bloke who does late night love on a week night. If so, then stick to that show mate. Your voice is suited to that kind of show, soft. It sounded like you had no passion in your voice last night when coming in with your comments. We needed commentators who new about leicester city and researched on bury, as that for many of us couldn't get to the game last night for various different reasons only had you guys on the radio.I know they are in division below us, but the performance deserved some excitment from the commentators. 1st time i have listened to commentory this year and the last. These are only MY opionions, i say it as it is, sorry if it offends anyone. But the players and crowd showed passion, so come on you commentators, get passionate.

P.S. well done to the 500 or so crowd that went up their, you sang all night by the sounds of it. RESPECT TO YOU ALL

Archived