Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Banks

Proud to be a Leicester fan.

Theres one thing being loyal and theres another thing being proud.

same old tossres on the down as usual on here..

If you cant be proud of LCFC this last year and into this new challenging campaign then you need to have a word.

Nice to see all the doom mongers who were hammering our Thai owners have gone!

This may not last and we may could be in a massive mess if it all goes tits up...but until then you gotta enjoy it and like the Op said be proud!

I'm incredibly proud of us right now, but that's not what matters - bear with me while I get emotional: I've mentioned it a few times on here, but Bill Middleton - my Granddad on my father's side and the man who introduced this marvellous club to me - passed away last year soon after we went top of the table but long before he got to see us promoted.  Unlike the southern toff that I am, he was Leicester born and bred and even though he could hardly remember his own family members' names in the end, he still managed to string coherent and passionate conversations together about our latest outing and what Nigel and the boys were/weren't doing right.  What matters in my mind is that the team we're all fortunate enough to be watching today are doing him and his memory proud, fantastically so - even my Dad who was never a big sport fan has been keeping a keener eye on us since he passed, so it makes it all the more great from a purely selfish emotional point of view to see us put in the sort of shifts we've managed so far.  Long may it continue.

1996-2002 was a truly brilliant time growing up, seeing us beat Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton, then smaller clubs like West Ham, Derby, Coventry, Southampton, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and various promoted clubs who lasted one or two years, plus Man United and Arsenal in cup matches along with winning trophies.

I'm not sure whether we can repeat all that again but it's fantastic to be back in the top division and there is real pride in hearing your club, team, manager spoken so highly of in the media right now.

I'm incredibly proud of us right now, but that's not what matters - bear with me while I get emotional: I've mentioned it a few times on here, but Bill Middleton - my Granddad on my father's side and the man who introduced this marvellous club to me - passed away last year soon after we went top of the table but long before he got to see us promoted. Unlike the southern toff that I am, he was Leicester born and bred and even though he could hardly remember his own family members' names in the end, he still managed to string coherent and passionate conversations together about our latest outing and what Nigel and the boys were/weren't doing right. What matters in my mind is that the team we're all fortunate enough to be watching today are doing him and his memory proud, fantastically so - even my Dad who was never a big sport fan has been keeping a keener eye on us since he passed, so it makes it all the more great from a purely selfish emotional point of view to see us put in the sort of shifts we've managed so far. Long may it continue.

Hope you dont mind me asking but is this the Bill Middleton from Markfield? If so I used to be one of his carers. Got on very well with him and he used to talk about city in the old days. So sorry to hear he has passed away. I last saw him just before he went in to a home.

Hope you dont mind me asking but is this the Bill Middleton from Markfield? If so I used to be one of his carers. Got on very well with him and he used to talk about city in the old days. So sorry to hear he has passed away. I last saw him just before he went in to a home.

The one and only. Thanks for the condolences, and indeed the hard work you must have had to put in.  With most of the family based far from Leicester you helped break his isolation while allowing him to maintain for a while longer the independence you simply don't have once you go to a home.  It's a priceless service and frankly imo the caring industry is horrendously underpaid for what they do.  I'm glad to hear he left a positive impression too - I know he could certainly put his foot in it at times in a way only that generation can!

The one and only. Thanks for the condolences, and indeed the hard work you must have had to put in. With most of the family based far from Leicester you helped break his isolation while allowing him to maintain for a while longer the independence you simply don't have once you go to a home. It's a priceless service and frankly imo the caring industry is horrendously underpaid for what they do. I'm glad to hear he left a positive impression too - I know he could certainly put his foot in it at times in a way only that generation can!

Yes, exactly right. Whilst we got on well and he was a lovely man he was difficult sometimes.

He was obviously a decent player in his time and told me he played for city but I couldn't find anything in Of Fossils and Foxes

Yes, exactly right. Whilst we got on well and he was a lovely man he was difficult sometimes.

He was obviously a decent player in his time and told me he played for city but I couldn't find anything in Of Fossils and Foxes

I think he may have exaggerated that one a little - but he has been saying it since I can first remember him, way back when he was in fine health which make me think there's something in it.  In any case I've looked into it too and haven't yet found any official record of it either. lol 

I think he may have exaggerated that one a little - but he has been saying it since I can first remember him, way back when he was in fine health which make me think there's something in it. In any case I've looked into it too and haven't yet found any official record of it either. lol

Have had another look tonight in a book called The Foxes Alphabet and he did indeed play for city a couple of times. Once in April 1944 and again October 1945. It talks about him playing for Pegsons Athletic and Whitwick Colliery too. So there was some truth in it.

Have had another look tonight in a book called The Foxes Alphabet and he did indeed play for city a couple of times. Once in April 1944 and again October 1945. It talks about him playing for Pegsons Athletic and Whitwick Colliery too. So there was some truth in it.

Ha, great news.  So he wasn't lying about getting a random phonecall to fill in a spot one week. lol  It sounds so outlandish, just goes to show how much the sport's changed.

Is it only Leicester fans who can turn a completely good-natured and entirely innocuous post into something to be angry about? The guy has nothing but praise and admiration for the club and its current situation. He apparently mistakenly believed that the Leicester City forum he contributes to might be a suitable place to share his positive thoughts about Leicester City. He should know already that you can't say anything nice on here without someone slating you, nothing is inoffensive of innocuous, and everybody is definitely less plastic than everyone else. Embarrassing.

Yes, carry on posting. I like threads like this.

I could easily follow Leeds. Family from there and my first ever football match was to watch them.

I could also be Man utd fan as was born a few minutes away from Old Trafford.

My dad took us to our first city matches and since then I've been a proud city fan. He has always been Leeds and struggles to say anything good about us at all.

Following city feels like a marriage really, plenty of ups and downs. On match days though I can forget all my worries and support the team.

Come on you blues

Archived