Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

West Brom pre-match thread

I think we should be using Hammond to see off games rather than Cambiasso. Cambiasso is too good to be left until half way through the second half. I'd rather see him start and then bring on Hammond. If we're losing bring on James/Drinkwater/King for Cambiasso instead. I think we should start using Hammond again like we did last season - which was to see out games.

I don't mind who we play as long as we play an attacking team and get some shots at goal for once!

I'd bench Ulloa, put Vardy up top and have Nugent with him. Get to playing similar to last year. I thought that Ulloa was going to be used as just another option if our usual style doesn't work, but he's been starting every match, regardless of whether or not his style suits the opposition, or if that style's been working successfully over the previous matches.

I'd bench Ulloa, put Vardy up top and have Nugent with him. Get to playing similar to last year. I thought that Ulloa was going to be used as just another option if our usual style doesn't work

Exactly what I thought would happen with him and why I wonder if his success in the first 5 games has tied NP's hands for the next few.

That shouldn't be the case and for all I know he was bought to start all 38 games this season.

Either way Vardy has to start up front and unless he and Ulloa are really hitting it off in training or Nige is prepared to give them 6 or 7 games gogether starting from now then I think that the big man needs to drop to the bench for the balance of the team.

Guest LCFC_World

4-4-2 attacking at home, and play 3 CM away from home. I think that should be a system we should stick with. 1 away goal is not staying up material...

I could put what team I'd like to see down but let's face it, one of Hammond, Schlupp or Albrighton will be playing with absolutely no justification.

Playing whatever striker we start with up front and not in midfield would be an improvement.

If we're going to have a central midfield, I don't care what formation, I don't care if it includes 1 central midfielder or 4, then it must not include Hammond. Drinkwater, James, King & Cambiasso are far superior players and I'm going to make that point every week until Pearson stops making me needing to vent that point by keeping him well away from the starting line-up and bottom of the pecking order. He is the epitome of us wasting a good squad with poor choices.

Confidence is now very low and it will be difficult to pick it up again. Pearson has broken it by trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. I'm desperate for us to have a go and try and win the match like we did when were a match for Everton Man U and Arsenal. But we just need a win now, any win will do.

I think its safe to say that only King and Hammon out of our CM's have shown they are capable of steppuing up to the Premier whereas Drinkwater,James and Cambiasso have all struggled

I think its safe to say that only King and Hammon out of our CM's have shown they are capable of steppuing up to the Premier whereas Drinkwater,James and Cambiasso have all struggled

Hammond really???

Dont get me wrong, he's done ok always gives his all but never been a Premier League player

Hammond really???

Dont get me wrong, he's done ok always gives his all but never been a Premier League player

Yes him and King have shown that they are better suited to playing in the premier rather than the championship, I really dont get this hate for Hammon who has been one player this season who has never let anyone down

Would question Ulloa if he were missing chances but has he had one in the last 4 games?, also concerned about the tracking back to help the full backs which raises questions about Mahrez and Knockeart. Anyone got a clue to how Powell is looking, maybe worth a try behind Ulloa.

Yes him and King have shown that they are better suited to playing in the premier rather than the championship, I really dont get this hate for Hammon who has been one player this season who has never let anyone down

I far from hate Hammond and he has performed better than i expected this season, to his credit.

However, watch him back against Swansea and Man Utd as just 2 examples, way too slow and he's simply just not Prem standard

I far from hate Hammond and he has performed better than i expected this season, to his credit.

However, watch him back against Swansea and Man Utd as just 2 examples, way too slow and he's simply just not Prem standard

but you need someone to do all the ugly stuff in front of the back four and he is perfect for this the amount of attacks he broke up for the frist few games meant that we attacked with pace straight away

Kasper

RDL

Morgan

Wasyl

Konch

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez

Albrighton

Ulloa

Vardy

Back to basics with a 4-4-2 and a side resembling the one that did so well last season, Moore is costing us at least a goal a game so it's time for him to sit out, if Simpson comes in I'd rather it have been last week when we were going to be on the back foot than this where we should be attacking.

King unlucky not to start but the Drinkwater/James partnership was tremendous last season and should be given time to develop.

Albrighton gets another chance as a winger in a proper 442.

Archived