Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

West Brom pre-match thread

I just cannot work out a formation that gets mahrez (our best player) Vardy (our most dangerous attacking threat) ulloa (our goalscorer) and a decent central midfield all to work well. we can't keep putting Vardy on a wing, we can't keep isolating ulloa, we can't persist with Schlupp on one wing or Hammond in the middle. such a headache

The only thing I could suggest is this

Keeper

Back Four

Cambiasso

Drinky james

Mahrez

Vardy Ulloa

Mahrez at the tip of the diamond. Cambiasso shielding the back four with James and Drinky left free to play central.

Keeper

Back Four

Cambiasso

Drinky james

Mahrez

Vardy Ulloa

Mahrez at the tip of the diamond. Cambiasso shielding the back four with James and Drinky left free to play central.

I like this. We definitely should play the diamond. You could play any of Mahrez/Powell/Knockaert/Lawrence behind the two strikers all of them would be just as dangerous in a free role as on the wing. We still get two up top, which is the only time we look dangerous and we keep a midfield 3 which allows us to control possession and push our attacking full backs wide and high (RDL and Schlupp preferably). But I'm not Nigel and that's why he gets paid the big bucks to make the right decisions.

If we are to have any real chance of staying up then these are the sort of games we simply have to win. After the dismal run of 1 point from 12 nothing else will do. We clearly aren't going to get many more points away so we need this very badly.

Keeper

Back Four

Cambiasso

Drinky james

Mahrez

Vardy Ulloa

I like the look of that but with King replacing Mahrez.

we've got 4 games coming up very similar to the 4 we've just had. We won't get anything at southampton like we were probably never going to get anything at swansea. west brom and sunderland at home needs to be 6 points.

I just cannot work out a formation that gets mahrez (our best player) Vardy (our most dangerous attacking threat) ulloa (our goalscorer) and a decent central midfield all to work well. we can't keep putting Vardy on a wing, we can't keep isolating ulloa, we can't persist with Schlupp on one wing or Hammond in the middle. such a headache

Something like...

Kasper 

RDL - Moore -Morgan - Schlupp

Cambiasso

King - James 

Mahrez

Ulloa - Vardy

SUBS: Smith, Wasilewski, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Lawrence, Powell, Nugent.

In my opinion, that would bring all the aspects of play that you want into the team and give Mahrez a free role so he is able to drift to where he wants to rather than drifting over to the wing where the play is and leaving no man on one wing, something which happened a lot against Burnley leaving RDL or Konchesky very isolated. 

I think I'd keep Morgan and Moore together this game because West Brom have Berahino up front who Moore has played against with the U21s recently so knows what he can do and his style of play. He's also a very quick player, something which I feel Moore can deal with better than Wasilewksi.  

The reason I've put RDL and Schlupp in is purely because they're more attacking than Konchesky and Simpson and with such a narrow formation you need your full backs to give you some form of width and get crosses onto the head of Ulloa, who is so dangerous with the right ball played in (Arsenal and United).

Playing Vardy up front also gives him the chance to press from the front and try and create a mistake in the back four of West Brom, something we haven't done enough so far this season as we haven't had the pace of Vardy to do so. 

Cambiasso lying gives the back four a bit more protection but also gives him more time on the ball to pass it onto James and King who can drive forward with the ball much faster than Cambiasso can but James and King just need to make sure that when one goes forward the other player sits. 

Just seen Bert's post. That was a waste of time. 

:nigel:

Anyone think a 5-3-2 could work with our squad, I know people might say it's negative but depends how we play it.

Kasper

De Laet Moore Wasilewski Wes. Schlupp

Cambiasso drinkwater

Mahrez

Ulloa Vardy

Looks like everyone down the right but it won't let me set it out in a formation, but you'll get my drift.

Need to get back to playing with pace. Vardy and Nugent up top again, benching Ulloa, to see how what we had success with last year works for us now. Strange it hasn't happened yet really. If that doesn't work and we can't play it along the floor anymore either then I really don't know.

Be a tough game. Can see a point. 3 would be amazing. At this point a good performance would just be nice.

Time for Pearson to show some balls, pick a side capable of playing and then stick with them for a bit

I think Cambiasso is vital from the start. Give us a platform rather than bring him in to try and rescue things.

Please go back to 4-4 ****ing 2 and get at em! Stop over complacating things and get back to basics.

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky (by default really)

Knockeart

James

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

Subs: Smith Was King Hammond Albrighton Schlupp(Only because if Konchesky gets injured we're ****ed) Nugent

No obsession but RDL has been the weak link for. A few games now so derserves to be dropped . 2nd goal at Swansea he just gave up !

I don't think he's fully to blame for the goal.

The centre backs need to be more of a unit. There is moments of individual class but their positioning as a pair has been a bit all over the place.

If your going to pick out RDL for that then you need to change the whole team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived