Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

West Brom pre-match thread

Schmeichel

De Laet   Morgan   Moore   Konch

Mahrez   Drinkwater   James    Schluup

Ulloa   Vardy

If we play Ulloa he MUST play alongside another striker. Him playing up top on his own just doesnt work. Nugent hasnt been brilliant recently so bench him. Lets get back to our midfield duo of Drinky and James.

The most important thing for me is to get Vardy up top rather than on the wing of a front 3. Completely wasted against Swansea. At home we can beat anyone so shouldnt be scared of West Brom. There high on confidence atm so lets give them a game. We need to get behind the lads and give them some much needed encouragement cause against Swansea there was no urgency at all. I couldnt believe how slow the attack was for Swanseas second goal. They practically walked the ball into our defence.

Can they I have not seen evidence of this yet?

James has had one start.... needs more of a chance.

Cambiasso was excellent against Stoke and did very well agaisnt United. Granted he's since dropped off a tad but too much chopping and changing.

Hammond has played ok to be fair but he's far too slow and limited

Can they I have not seen evidence of this yet?

I dont think Hammond has exactly excelled at it either.....

Yes him and King have shown that they are better suited to playing in the premier rather than the championship, I really dont get this hate for Hammon who has been one player this season who has never let anyone down

He was ****ing crap at Swansea. Totally out of his depth

He was no worse than Drinkwater or Nugent. 

Hammond has already proved that he can play at this level so it really is pointless debating whether he can play at this level or not. He's done it. Shut up.

Our whole midfield just rolled over on Saturday. Hammond included.

I think though that Matty James now needs a few games to see if he can get into some form. King in for Nugent too, and Cambiasso for Drinkwater. Mahrez and Schlupp wide, and Ulloa up front. Vardy on the bench:

Kaspa

Usual defence

Mahrez - Cambio - James - Schlupp

King

Ulloa

PS: What has happened to Hamer why weren't he on the bench Saturday?

He was no worse than Drinkwater or Nugent.

Hammond has already proved that he can play at this level so it really is pointless debating whether he can play at this level or not. He's done it. Shut up.

Our whole midfield just rolled over on Saturday. Hammond included.

I think though that Matty James now needs a few games to see if he can get into some form. King in for Nugent too, and Cambiasso for Drinkwater. Mahrez and Schlupp wide, and Ulloa up front. Vardy on the bench:

Kaspa

Usual defence

Mahrez - Cambio - James - Schlupp

King

Ulloa

PS: What has happened to Hamer why weren't he on the bench Saturday?

He was worse than Drinkwater, and don't tell a person you've never met to 'shut up' It's rude. Dean Hammond is never ever ever good enough for this level. We got totally outclassed in midfield and only looked as though we could retain possession once James Cambiasso and King came on.

You wanna leave Vardy out? Our most dangerous player. God help us

He was worse than Drinkwater, and don't tell a person you've never met to 'shut up' It's rude. Dean Hammond is never ever ever good enough for this level. We got totally outclassed in midfield and only looked as though we could retain possession once James Cambiasso and King came on.

You wanna leave Vardy out? Our most dangerous player. God help us

Agree here. I felt Drinky and Hammond had off games but Drinky was and is still better

It will be down, not alot, only marginally down, but the plastics (Ooooh I said it, that'll start some discussion :ph34r:) will start drifting away if we carry on in this vain of form.

I would have thought the plastics are the ones more likely to stay actually. They seem to be more interested in watching the 'big teams' come to town than really being bothered by how we're doing. Admittedly West Brom aren't exactly an enticing prospect but the plastics will be there for the big games regardless of how crap we are!

What a massive opportunity this is next week.

Burnley and QPR go to Arsenal and Chelsea, will be serious daylight between us and them if we can win this one.

Is the 1st of November too early to put the Christmas Tree up?

Kasper

Simpson Moore Morgan Konchesky

Drinkwater Cambaisso James

Mahrez Vardy

Ulloa

Simpson in to be more defensive, let Mahrez attack and the full back defend, James Cambiasso and DD as our best 3 midfielders at the club, James and Cambiasso sitting and DD driving forwards, all 3 staying close to each other and KEEPING POSSESSION at all costs,

Mahrez and Vardy to switch sides, attack the space between full back and centre back and stay close to Ulloa, none of this touchline hogging, when we can't cross and leaving Ulloa isolated and easy to pick up means he will not get a sniff again.

if i read another post saying Schlupp should start a game in the premier league at left back simply because he's quicker than konchesky im goin to cry

Then you clearly didn't read my post (num 67) where I gave a number of excellent reasons (apart from pace) as to why Schlupp should get the nod over Konch. You certainly haven't attempted any kind of reasoned rebuttal.

We need to go back to 2 up top. I don't remember a Leicester side playing well with 1 up top in the last 5 years.

For me it's either a 442 diamond or a regular 442

Kasper

Simpson

Was

Wes

Schlupp

Cambiasso

Drinkwater/King

James

King/Powell

Ulloa

Vardy

(I'd like to see Powell get a chance to shine but it looks unlikely so I'd like King at the top of the diamond.)

Kasper

Simpson

Was

Wes

Schlupp

Mahrez

Cambiasso

King

Knockaert

Ulloa

Vardy

I far from hate Hammond and he has performed better than i expected this season, to his credit.

However, watch him back against Swansea and Man Utd as just 2 examples, way too slow and he's simply just not Prem standard

Wow you are criticisng Hammond's performance in our best win in recent history against Utd.

Hammond was quality against them as was the whole team. There were no poor performances.

As for Swansea the whole midfield played crap, you can't single out Hammond.

As for saying he's not Premier League standard, strange that considering he's been involved for over 45 minutes in every game where we have won points. That tells me he's been influential.

As I said above, name a player that wasn't crap against Swansea. The whole team looked out their depth and a Championship side and not good enough for the Premier League.

What about his other performances at the start of the season where he was arguably (with King) one of our most consistent players this season.

Wow you are criticisng Hammond's performance in our best win in recent history against Utd.

Hammond was quality against them as was the whole team. There were no poor performances.

As for Swansea the whole midfield played crap, you can't single out Hammond.

As for saying he's not Premier League standard, strange that considering he's been involved for over 45 minutes in every game where we have won points. That tells me he's been influential.

As I said above, name a player that wasn't crap against Swansea. The whole team looked out their depth and a Championship side and not good enough for the Premier League.

What about his other performances at the start of the season where he was arguably (with King) one of our most consistent players this season.

He wasnt poor against United. As you said, nobody was.

However, he still gave the ball away alot and was badly overran. The two things he does have though is experience and 110% commitment every week.

That for me is why NP has used him more but still average at best and my opinion is not Prem standard.... there is no way that Cambiasso is worse than him, given time, you'd see that plus he was poor alot of last season too.... he wasnt deemed good enough then so how can he be now?

He wasnt poor against United. As you said, nobody was.

However, he still gave the ball away alot and was badly overran. The two things he does have though is experience and 110% commitment every week.

That for me is why NP has used him more but still average at best and my opinion is not Prem standard.... there is no way that Cambiasso is worse than him, given time, you'd see that plus he was poor alot of last season too.... he wasnt deemed good enough then so how can he be now?

Some players are just more suited to the Premier than the championship where you have more time King and Hammond are two of these

We need to go back to 2 up top. I don't remember a Leicester side playing well with 1 up top in the last 5 years.

For me it's either a 442 diamond or a regular 442

Kasper

Simpson

Was

Wes

Schlupp

Cambiasso

Drinkwater/King

James

King/Powell

Ulloa

Vardy

(I'd like to see Powell get a chance to shine but it looks unlikely so I'd like King at the top of the diamond.)

Kasper

Simpson

Was

Wes

Schlupp

Mahrez

Cambiasso

King

Knockaert

Ulloa

Vardy

Love the look of the first one.

This is massive all of a sudden.

We're going to struggle to win away for the rest of the season because I think Pearson has decided he wants us to be negative every away match and try to draw 0-0, but let's at least try and have a go at home. If we do we're well capable of winning.

I just cannot work out a formation that gets mahrez (our best player) Vardy (our most dangerous attacking threat) ulloa (our goalscorer) and a decent central midfield all to work well. we can't keep putting Vardy on a wing, we can't keep isolating ulloa, we can't persist with Schlupp on one wing or Hammond in the middle. such a headache

I've decided I would like to see this on Saturday:

Schmeichel

Simpson

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Albrighton

King

James

Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa

Give that strike partnership a go, let Albrighton hopefully help us improve that final cross/ball, play Vardy up front where he is most potent, Ulloa will have support, King will retain the ball better and playing next to James will allow him forward more, Simpson will hopefully provide more solidity on the right and Moore just makes it in by the skin of his teeth as he has been v wayward recently.

4-4-2 at home and go and attack them. Get the confidence back in the team.

I just cannot work out a formation that gets mahrez (our best player) Vardy (our most dangerous attacking threat) ulloa (our goalscorer) and a decent central midfield all to work well. we can't keep putting Vardy on a wing, we can't keep isolating ulloa, we can't persist with Schlupp on one wing or Hammond in the middle. such a headache

James------Cambiasso

--------Drinkwater------

--------Mahrez------

---Ulloa----Vardy-----

I'd like to see that tried sooner or later. Either that or a basic 4-4-2 with Mahrez one of the wingers.

I don't think 4-3-3 necessarily doesn't work, but it can't be rigid and you have to play positively with it otherwise it just ends up being 4-5-1.

Vardy is probably at his best when he's running the channels from around the edge of the box. He attacks very effectively from wide positions. He's not one of those players who stands up front in the middle like Ulloa needs to. What we need to avoid is him being too deep. If we can get Vardy and Mahrez in those spaces around the box when we've got the ball they can both be very dangerous.

Archived