Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

West Brom pre-match thread

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

Mahrez - James - King - Schlupp

Ulloa - Vardy

Subs - Smith, De Laet, Wasilewski, Drinkwater, Cambiasso, Knockaert/Powell, Nugent

If that doesn't bloody work, then I seriously don't know anymore. After today Simpson has to get a shot now, James & King in central midfield, both can tackle, both have tremendous energy, both can pass, both can drive forward. Schlupp has looked good in home matches, even though some deluded fans will say the opposite; however he wasn't included today & we still looked shit so not really Jeff's fault is it  :)

Ulloa up front with Vardy, Powell maybe on the bench & see what happens. 

Fingers crossed  :fc:

Kasper

Simpson

Moore

Morgan

Kochesky

King

James

Mahrez

Powell

Schlupp

Vardy

Still dont know why King was dropped. Powell surely cant be worse than Nugent and we have only kept one clean sheet so somethings got to change in defence. 

Not really looking forward to the game and the stadium could be very nervous come saturday.

Hopefully nige will get things right on saturday.

On a side note (probably get slated for this) but IMO we really miss Dyer. I know hes gone now but we really do miss his pace and we never replaced him

In Nigel I trust.

For me we've got to go back to basics and 4-4-2, Nige is trying to be too clever with the tactics and we're not doing what we're good at. Also not understanding the De Laet slating, yes he wasn't great today but he was far from the worst player on the pitch and dealt with Montero, a decent winger, relatively well.

I'd start

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Albrighton

King

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Nugent

Vardy

Leaving Ulloa out seems harsh but Vardy works best up front as an out and out striker working as part of a mobile partnership, not out wide. With Ulloa in that team, I can see a rift occuring between midfield and attack and the forwards would lack service, hence the choice of Nugent.

If it wasn't for Hamer's operation, I would start him over Schmeichel, as in my opinion Schmeichel has been off colour for a couple of weeks now. 

Kingy has to start too, the only central midfielder who has performed to a high standard in the majority of our games.

How can anyone seriously suggest putting Nugent in the starting 11?

For me, King has to start in midfield.

Schmeichel (We can only hope Hamer isn't out for long)

Simpson (What the hell does De Laet have to do to lose his place)

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez (At least he was positive against Swansea)

King

Drinkwater (He was poor against Swansea but he offers more than James)

Albrighton (Vardy and Ulloa are not wingers. Play a winger on the wing)

Ulloa

Vardy

Schmeichel

de Laet

Morgan

Moore

Simpson(if he can play LB)/ Konchesky

Knockaert

King

James

Mahrez

Vardy

Wood

Bench: Smith, Was, Schlupp, Ndukwu, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Hammond.

Might get shot down for this but I have been saying to friends for weeks we should put on Was up front last 20 mins to bully their defence a bit and distract them to let Vardy do his work with his last bits of energy with the defenders having a totally unknown threat playing against them. Also he has a blistering shot and must be decent in the air. Just a suggestion??

Get Ndukwu on the bench for something different, deserves it as much as Schlupp does.

Schmeichel

de Laet

Morgan

Moore

Simpson(if he can play LB)/ Konchesky

Knockaert

King

James

Mahrez

Vardy

Wood

Bench: Smith, Was, Schlupp, Ndukwu, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Hammond.

Might get shot down for this but I have been saying to friends for weeks we should put on Was up front last 20 mins to bully their defence a bit and distract them to let Vardy do his work with his last bits of energy with the defenders having a totally unknown threat playing against them. Also he has a blistering shot and must be decent in the air. Just a suggestion??

Get Ndukwu on the bench for something different, deserves it as much as Schlupp does.

Worked with Walshy!

Why Ndukwu over Powell? I really want to see Powell involved.

Tough game this. WBA haven't won in three and with Rob Kelly being a coach there they'll have redoubled their efforts in training at least eight times so they'll be fit and fired up.

Jesus that's 256 times harder that they'll be training this week.

Schmeichel 

De Laet

Morgan
Moore
Sclupp

King
Drinkwater

James

Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa 

This team gives width with the full backs, pace, bite in midfield, guile up front, can play down the channels, is adaptable (would go with 4-4-2 initially) and has an aerial threat.

Would play this side for the next 4/5 games as well rather than the constant changes which the players look baffled by and which we clearly haven't got the players to utilise.

Also takes out players clearly not up to Premiership standards i.e Konchesky and Hammond,

I could put what team I'd like to see down but let's face it, one of Hammond, Schlupp or Albrighton will be playing with absolutely no justification.

Playing whatever striker we start with up front and not in midfield would be an improvement.

If we're going to have a central midfield, I don't care what formation, I don't care if it includes 1 central midfielder or 4, then it must not include Hammond. Drinkwater, James, King & Cambiasso are far superior players and I'm going to make that point every week until Pearson stops making me needing to vent that point by keeping him well away from the starting line-up and bottom of the pecking order. He is the epitome of us wasting a good squad with poor choices.

Confidence is now very low and it will be difficult to pick it up again. Pearson has broken it by trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. I'm desperate for us to have a go and try and win the match like we did when were a match for Everton Man U and Arsenal. But we just need a win now, any win will do.

Totally agree with this,It wasn't broke in the first place but since the arrival of Cambiasso and the fit again Drinkwater and James,it's created a monster,everybody is moaning about De Leat,Nugent etc..yet if you don't win the midfield battle,you rarely win games.

4-1-2-1-2 this time around? Ulloa looked so terribly isolated alone up front, with no service coming from midfield.

Schmeichel (although I wouldn't mind seeing Hamer in goal again; Schmeichel has not overly convinced me in the past few games - see that shameful back pass to Sigurdsson yesterday)

Simpson (De Laet needs to rest and think about his recent "performances" for a while - too eager going forward and hapless at defending and tracking back)

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky (although it would be nice to have a stronger and faster LB who is equally good at defending at one point this season)

Cambiasso

Knockaert (surely about time for him to shine again)

Mahrez

King (has played well at CAM in the past)

Ulloa

Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Wasilewski, James, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Schlupp, Nugent

Peters Son

RDL

Morgan

Moore

Schlupp

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Knockaert

Vardy

Ulloah

Anything else is crazy.

Konch has done well, but Schlupp offers the pace going forward.

Drink / Cam - if it's not going well, we have experience in there with our best midfielder.

Knocky / Mahrez - these two can terrorise defences and we are just not doing that. This ensures we take the game to West Brom.

Vardy - behind Ulloah as we will need a 5 midfield, so Vardy will need to play behind.

Subs

Smith

Was

James

Hammond

Wood

Simpson

Albrighton

These subs ensure if Knocky or Mahrez don't perform we have an alternative in Albrighton.

If Cam is tired we have Hammond

If Drink gets the hump we have James

Was as a defender

Yesterday we had too many of the same on the bench and nobody to replace Mahrez.

Also RDL has made errors this season, so we need to try Simpson if we are winning.

No room for Nuge sorry. Or King, but happy for either king or James on the bench

De Laet needs to be dropped - we haven't seen much of Simpson but god De Laet has been awful.

King needs to play.

Ulloa would't start for me, he's affecting our style of play imo at the minute.

Drinkwater should be dropped.

Unsure about Moore or Wasilewski, I think Moore as we're at home and hopefully won't be defending as much.

Give Knocky and Mahrez a go on the wings.

Nugent has been poor but let's see how he does in last year's partnership with Vardy.

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Knockaert

James

King

Mahrez

Nugent

Vardy

I know this is another few changes from Swansea and we need a settled side but changes are necessary after yesterday.

I'm that cross with Nugent that at the moment I can't bear to see him even in the squad next week.

I'd love to see 442:

Kasper

Simpson

Moore

Morgan

Schlupp

Mahrez

James

King

Albrighton

Ulloa

Vardy

Drinkwater was so poor yesterday, King has been good everytime I've seen him so I think he deserves a chance. I did think Cambiasso did ok yesterday too, but he's too slow/old to play in a 2 so I'd go with James as he's got a great engine. Just want to see us play proper wide men and give Vardy a run in his natural position.

Archived