Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
v6rat

10 Matches

So we don't need ten wins then. Thank you. Picking up thirty points (not that we're likely to need that many) doesn't require us to win that amount of matches.

Six/Seven is a solid bet I think.

well yeah, "ten wins" is a sensationalist headline but 30 points is "the aim" to get to that 40 point mark. i doubt you'd need 40 to stay up but we're going to need to pick up at least 25 points in the second half of the season, having managed 10 in the first half, and only 1 in the second quarter. ie. we're not going to do that. 

A few wins (in the one-digit area) and a handful of draws are seemingly enough.

The magic number is 34 points.

24 to go - something like 5 wins and 9 draws in 21 games should see us through.

Which means only losing one in every three games from now till may. Does that seem reasonable. (Sequence WDLWDLWDL etc)

Can't see it with this team I'm afraid. No longer have the mental strength.

A double over Hull is not impossible. If we can get a point against Spurs and stop the rot, it will give us all a lift, and Hull are woeful at the minute.

Home games vs Villa, Stoke, Palace and Hull are all winnable contests.

Away games vs Burnley, Hull, west brom and Sunderland are all tight but winnable contests.

This season is far from over, our next 5 games, we have 3 at home vs Tottenham, Villa and Stoke. If little things go our way we can get some points. And Hull away is very winnable.

It's a funny old game

Beat spurs and hull and the world seems a better place!!

Lose both and it's all over

the chances of us getting 6 points in two days having got 2 in the months are laughable.

It's a funny old game

Beat spurs and hull and the world seems a better place!!

Lose both and it's all over

I'd be over the moon with one win, never mind 2 in a row.

I'm going to both so let's hope the miracle occurs! 

God knows why I'm going to the Hull game, the way both are playing it's not going to be a classic! Last time I went there we drew 0-0 on Boxing Day a few years back. That was a terrible game as well. I'm a glutton for punishment...

6 more wins takes us to 28 points.

6 draws on top of that takes us to 34 points.

That would mean losing just 9 from the next 21 games. Realistically not going to happen, short of some outstanding business in the January transfer window.

Even 34 points might not be enough given that West Brom's 34 in 2005 was a Premier League record low for a surviving team. We're more likely to need anywhere between 36 and 40 points to finish 17th, a total that would require a massive up surge in form after Christmas.

On the last 10 seasons, we need 9 wins to reach the average staying up points total. 

Interestingly the table this time last season is very similar with us taking the role of Sunderland. 

I struggle to see us winning one in three games over the second half of the season if I'm honest.

Archived