Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scotch

Dame N'Doye

I get your frustrations,I do but have you ever heard of Glasgow Rangers?

For years,they done exactly what you are suggesting. They threw money at everything that moved, Brian Laudrup, the De Boers, Tore Andre Flo, Van Bronckhurst, Artur Numan, Gazza and loads more. Many of whom done well at the club and brought alot of success but because they paid whatever these clubs wanted,because they paid these players whatever they asked for they got to the point where they couldn't even afford to pay their tax, which saw them dumped into the lowest league in Scotland and infested with corrupt businessmen trying to make a quick quid off of them. All because they done exactly what you are saying. And if you want an example closer to home, look at Portsmouth, is that what you want for us?

Being relegated back to the Championship may not be what we want but it's hardly the worst that can happen.

We are hardly Portsmouth if we spend 2 million quid on a player. They used to spend about 30 million every transfer window for no real reason because they were always mid table and safe, we need to survive and to survive in this league we need to spend money, even if spending fails we get 60 million in parachute payments so there's no real risk spending a few bob in this transfer window. Would you rather we never spent money and remain in the Championship for eternity? I for one dont want that and would rather we spent money and remained a Premier league club for as long as possible. If you're happy to celebrate mediocrity then we may as well be where Portsmouth are.

Your point wasn't to spend two million, it was pay clubs and players whatever they demanded.

Wrong! I was responding to your post in a thread about a potential 2 million pound transfer for Dame N'Doye. I didn't think I needed to remind you what thread this was.

JUST BECAUSE IT IS IN THE PAPER, DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE ACTUALLY SIGNING HIM! How have some of you not grasped this yet? How do you know Pearson doesn't have a list of defenders we're looking to sign that the papers DON'T KNOW ABOUT!

Drives me up the flaming wall.

We have been after N'Doye for quite some time now, I'm quite sure of it.

Another striker in the squad wouldn't go amiss. If we can act quickly and get a deal for N'Doye tied down, at the reported £2mil price and on reasonable wages, then in my opinion its worth the outlay for his experience and track record. 

However, I do agree that we need to prioritise some defensive reinforcements between now and the window closing. CB, LB and CDM could, in all likelihood, be added to but nonetheless a £2mil buy on another striker wouldn't jeopardise that spending proposition too much.

We are hardly Portsmouth if we spend 2 million quid on a player. They used to spend about 30 million every transfer window for no real reason because they were always mid table and safe, we need to survive and to survive in this league we need to spend money, even if spending fails we get 60 million in parachute payments so there's no real risk spending a few bob in this transfer window. Would you rather we never spent money and remain in the Championship for eternity? I for one dont want that and would rather we spent money and remained a Premier league club for as long as possible. If you're happy to celebrate mediocrity then we may as well be where Portsmouth are.

I wasn't responding to your comment about the £2m, like Smiv said, I was responding to your outrageous comment of paying clubs/players whatever they want.

You talk about Portsmouth spending £30m and being mid table, £2m(ish) for Simpson, £8m for Ulloa, £9m(ish) for Kramaric, say £1m(ish) for Lawrence, that's £20m all ready and that's before you factor in agent fees and wages which would be around £150k a week (conservatively) which would take us well over £30m and that's us bottom of the League!

It's all about getting the right players for the right price. Watch QPR closely,they will be the next team to fall from grace once they go down and the reality of their big spending hits.

Preserving the long term future of the club and making sure it grows,not only as a club but as a business,should ALWAYS take priority!

I wasn't responding to your comment about the £2m, like Smiv said, I was responding to your outrageous comment of paying clubs/players whatever they want.

You talk about Portsmouth spending £30m and being mid table, £2m(ish) for Simpson, £8m for Ulloa, £9m(ish) for Kramaric, say £1m(ish) for Lawrence, that's £20m all ready and that's before you factor in agent fees and wages which would be around £150k a week (conservatively) which would take us well over £30m and that's us bottom of the League!

It's all about getting the right players for the right price. Watch QPR closely,they will be the next team to fall from grace once they go down and the reality of their big spending hits.

Preserving the long term future of the club and making sure it grows,not only as a club but as a business,should ALWAYS take priority!

Wrong! I was responding to this thread about a particular player called N'Doye not all players. Why is so difficult for people to understand this? If you read my original post properly then you would realise what I was actually saying.

Wrong! I was responding to this thread about a particular player called N'Doye not all players. Why is so difficult for people to understand this? If you read my original post properly then you would realise what I was actually saying.

"Just offer the club what they want and offer the player what he wants" "just sign someone" that's what you said, so if the club want £10m and he wants £100k a week for 6 years, that's what we should offer?

Just because it has been REPORTED that's what he would cost doesn't mean that it is true.

Signing players can be a difficult process,what is it about THAT, that YOU don't understand?

So If N'Doye wanted 50 grand a week would you think that was fair enough?

John Utaka.

Not enough time, it'll take three or four weeks for US to sign him because we piss about trying to get players in on the lowest wage possible etc. We couldn't even land Shaun bleeding Maloney! Doesn't Pearson realise that we are bottom of the league and are in no position to negotiate? Just offer the club what they want, offer the player what he wants and get him in for goodness sake. It's getting to the point of desperation, just sign someone Nigel.

At last someone that thinks the same as me , crikey don't we @@@@ about !!! We've seriously got no chance of getting 3 quality players in before the end of the window , he can blame everyone or everything else but the buck stops with him , a lacklustre laid back attitude has got us here , bye bye pearson your gone come May !!

Not enough time, it'll take three or four weeks for US to sign him because we piss about trying to get players in on the lowest wage possible etc. We couldn't even land Shaun bleeding Maloney! Doesn't Pearson realise that we are bottom of the league and are in no position to negotiate? Just offer the club what they want, offer the player what he wants and get him in for goodness sake. It's getting to the point of desperation, just sign someone Nigel.

Ridiculous post, suppose you will then moan when we are the next Pompey.

You ended with 'just sign someone' not 'just sign N'Doye' if you read your original post properly.

You ended with 'just sign someone' not 'just sign N'Doye' if you read your original post properly.

Key words here being "just offer THE club what they want" and "just offer THE player what he wants". Since this is a thread about Dame N'Doye I'd have thought it was obvious who I was writing about.

Archived