Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scotch

Dame N'Doye

The Mirror are reporting that ourselves and Hull are set to battle it out for Lokomotiv Moscow striker Dame N'Doye who is out of contract in the summer and could be available for £2m.

Thoughts?

Wasn't this the guy we were on the verge of signing in the summer?

I don't know too much about him to be honest,just passing on what I read. Reading his wiki, he is a 29 y/o, Senegalese striker who is 6ft. He's scored 27 goals in 66 games for Moscow,before that, 59 goals in 104 games for Copenhagen. He's played in the last 16 of the CL and has 8 goals in 24 games at international level.

My only fear would be wages,admittedly,I have no clue what he's currently on but there is crazy money being slung at players in Russia these days. £2m is a fair price for an experienced player at such a high level though, I would agree with that.

But again,I know next to nothing about this guy so it's hard to say.

Not enough time, it'll take three or four weeks for US to sign him because we piss about trying to get players in on the lowest wage possible etc. We couldn't even land Shaun bleeding Maloney! Doesn't Pearson realise that we are bottom of the league and are in no position to negotiate? Just offer the club what they want, offer the player what he wants and get him in for goodness sake. It's getting to the point of desperation, just sign someone Nigel.

Not enough time, it'll take three or four weeks for US to sign him because we piss about trying to get players in on the lowest wage possible etc. We couldn't even land Shaun bleeding Maloney! Doesn't Pearson realise that we are bottom of the league and are in no position to negotiate? Just offer the club what they want, offer the player what he wants and get him in for goodness sake. It's getting to the point of desperation, just sign someone Nigel.

Yes because the aftermath of the Sven days were fun!

I get your frustrations,I do but have you ever heard of Glasgow Rangers?

For years,they done exactly what you are suggesting. They threw money at everything that moved, Brian Laudrup, the De Boers, Tore Andre Flo, Van Bronckhurst, Artur Numan, Gazza and loads more. Many of whom done well at the club and brought alot of success but because they paid whatever these clubs wanted,because they paid these players whatever they asked for they got to the point where they couldn't even afford to pay their tax, which saw them dumped into the lowest league in Scotland and infested with corrupt businessmen trying to make a quick quid off of them. All because they done exactly what you are saying. And if you want an example closer to home, look at Portsmouth, is that what you want for us?

Being relegated back to the Championship may not be what we want but it's hardly the worst that can happen.

We ended up getting promoted so yes, they were.

I can't figure out if you're actually serious? The same manager you want to throw money at players had to work on bringing the books down making sensible signings and offloading players who realistically most clubs wouldn't go near (thank god for Bolton). Now your answer is to throw money around, I'd risk going down and being financially sound than throwing money at a non certainty and risking losing a lot more.

I can't figure out if you're actually serious? The same manager you want to throw money at players had to work on bringing the books down making sensible signings and offloading players who realistically most clubs wouldn't go near (thank god for Bolton). Now your answer is to throw money around, I'd risk going down and being financially sound than throwing money at a non certainty and risking losing a lot more.

Spending 2 million is hardly breaking the bank is it?

You're not actually putting any of our promotion down to him are you? We were promoted despite Sven's waste rather than because of it.

Not at all I was just pointing out the irrelevance of the post I was responding to. Yes Sven wasted money on garbage players but in the aftermath of the Sven era we got promoted. To be fair Sven signed the best goalkeeper we have had since Ian Walker, a left back who has been a regular for us since 2011 bringing stability in that position and a striker who has scored 20 championship goals for the first time since 2003 or earlier, so it was hardly all bad.

I get your frustrations,I do but have you ever heard of Glasgow Rangers?

For years,they done exactly what you are suggesting. They threw money at everything that moved, Brian Laudrup, the De Boers, Tore Andre Flo, Van Bronckhurst, Artur Numan, Gazza and loads more. Many of whom done well at the club and brought alot of success but because they paid whatever these clubs wanted,because they paid these players whatever they asked for they got to the point where they couldn't even afford to pay their tax, which saw them dumped into the lowest league in Scotland and infested with corrupt businessmen trying to make a quick quid off of them. All because they done exactly what you are saying. And if you want an example closer to home, look at Portsmouth, is that what you want for us?

Being relegated back to the Championship may not be what we want but it's hardly the worst that can happen.

We are hardly Portsmouth if we spend 2 million quid on a player. They used to spend about 30 million every transfer window for no real reason because they were always mid table and safe, we need to survive and to survive in this league we need to spend money, even if spending fails we get 60 million in parachute paynebts

Archived