Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

leicester were smoking....

It's just a bit of coloured smoke. It's really not that great.

I'm all for noise and atmosphere, I definitely support safe standing, don't have a problem with banners (as long as they're amusing / well thought out) but flares/smoke bombs? It's lowest common denominator stuff, I imagine the people letting them off to be the same kids that thought the most bad-ass thing in the world you could do when you were 12 was to get hold of a firework and let it off in the street. Hardcore.

I'm well aware I'm a miserable cynic but, seriously, anyone over the age of 21 getting excited by a flare or smoke bomb needs to take a look at themselves.

Edit for balance: anyone acting like a smoke bomb or flare is the biggest evil / danger / threat in the world needs to spend a weekend in Tegucigalpa.

try being in my workmates van on the drive to london with his 60 a day habit

Smoking in a work van with more than 1 person in it is illegal in the UK, shop him to the police and he'll get a £200 fine [emoji40]

I'm asthmatic and a smoke bomb generally hasn't effected me yet... and my asthma is bad.

Like anything if you don't do it properly it isn't going to work. People who let them off and throw or drop them get some grow a pair.

And get nicked, FBO and jail? Throwing them is stupid but dropping them is just common sense in the current climate.

If you hold them high above your head they can't do any harm as the smoke will just rise up. Just like they don't at foreign grounds. But because in England you get nicked people tend to just put them on the floor so they don't get caught. Which is more dangers as the smoke rises up through people.

And get nicked, FBO and jail? Throwing them is stupid but dropping them is just common sense in the current climate.

No, common sense is not taking them to the football.

If you don't want the banning order or the ejection, don't light one?

Some one just sent me this link, quite a serious outcome , they are brave (or foolish) little feckers who brought them in saturday

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/chelsea-fc-fans-jailed-taking-2504099

Best bit of the article-

The fans planned to let off the blue smoke bombs when Chelsea scored.

But Chelsea failed to score - and were knocked out in the second leg at the Liberty Stadium clash.

ha, I might have bigged it up a bit.

It involves 3 or so ping pong balls roughly chopped up place on a bit of foil, make a bulb( size of snooker ball) you have to lay a pencil I before you fold and scrunch round it. This will be where the smoke comes out of.light the bulb bit of the foil where the ping pong balls are.

It stinks and I'm sure it's not healthy and most probably illegal in public.Also, don't get your hopes up its more of a smoke puff!

Take the pencil out!

You stole that off Mc Gyvor or the A team :)

That's what one of his mates who works at our place reckons.

Shite that's harsh , I'm not sure he lit it

I saw it roll down his way and the lad picked it up infact it was a safety first action

3 years , well we should be back in premier league then :)

They don't,you could get banned and just buy tickets in some made up name. Or even a season ticket.

With barcode readers on gates and card ST it's virtually impossible to keep someone out of the ground

But I believe a breech of the order , if found out leads to serious penalties

Archived