Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

GOOD LUCK DAVID!

I wish David Connolly the best of luck in the Premiership with Wigan..

..thanks for 13 months of service and a 400% profit

You've been a credit to Leicester City whilst we are going through a dark stage.

Hope to see you in the Premiership in the coming seasons.

Many thanks.

Sorry mate but that's ridiculous. The club would be stupid to turn down that sort of money. Have you already forgotten about how close to the wire we went?

we have sacrificed our best player for a little bit of cash, so now we have no realistic hope of promotion, well done club, attandances going to be sky high aren't they

It's hardly a sacrifice when the offer was in the region of £2million. I don't see that the club would really have justified doing differently.

what use is £2m to the team though if it just lines the clubs pockets, we have elvis as a replacement, wow watch out play offs <_<

Using that logic, you'd never sell any players, just collect them like Peter Taylor.

He signed for £500k. He was a good player for us and easily our biggest goal threat this season but we could not turn down £2million for him. I admit that it does damage our chances of promotion, but let's see how Levein reacts to it and how things go.

Bigger and better players have left this club in the past and the club is still here.

And as for what good is the club having money? I'd rather we lost a good player every year and still had a club to support than repeated past mistakes and LCFC caesed to be.

I wish David Connolly the best of luck in the Premiership with Wigan..

..thanks for 13 months of service and a 400% profit

You've been a credit to Leicester City whilst we are going through a dark stage.

Hope to see you in the Premiership in the coming seasons.

Many thanks.

Ditto.

Fair Play Connolly. I think this represents an excellent deal for both player and club.

I wish you well at Wigan

Sorry mate but that's ridiculous. The club would be stupid to turn down that sort of money. Have you already forgotten about how close to the wire we went?

But if you read my other thread....if we keep Connolly then we have a realistic chance of promotion AND then we can make MORE than £2m just in the play-offs! Therefore, proving that the board has very little ambition and is prepared to see the club sit in the Championship for a few season!

I wish him all the best! Its not his fault Leicester city are more obsessed about money than football!

Don't think that's altogether fair. Leicester need to balance the books like every other club and I'd have thought as a City fan you'd have had enough of financial brinkmanship.

It's what Levein does next that matters.

Don't think that's altogether fair. Leicester need to balance the books like every other club and I'd have thought as a City fan you'd have had enough of financial brinkmanship.

It's what Levein does next that matters.

I do remember what the club went through and i understand the financial situation but why wait until the last day of the window to sell him if we were in a tight situation.

Plus, selling him today doesnt leave much time for Levein.

what use is £2m to the team though if it just lines the clubs pockets, we have elvis as a replacement, wow watch out play offs <_<

the way it works is the board keep sum to pay debts, cl gets most of it, we've replaced connors with iain hume, and i'm sure others will come if not now then in january

but if we had sold him 3 weeks ago, we would not of got 2million for him. Anyway, apparently Connolly is a moody and arrogant git, so if we had rejected the bid, there would of been serious unrest in the the camp and he would not be giving 100%.

Confirmed now on SSN, signed a three year deal with Wigan. Good luck David.

:(

Good luck Connolly. It was a pleasure to have you at Leicester, one of the best technical players i've seen in a long while. It's a shame we didn't play to your strengths because not only would you have scored more goals, but you'd probably have netted us another few million aswell.

All the best, i'll look out for your name on teletext on a regular basis hopefully.

Archived