Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Hammond - In for £300k ?

So, Sky Sports say we've signed Elvis for £300k ? Well, I don't have a problem with that - UNLESS he's the only 'striker' we're going to sign. He's NO replacement for Conners. We need a proven goalscoring striker - people forget Elvis, who's 24, has NOT scored 1 goal in the Premiership OR lower Football League reaches, despite loans and 1st team action for Fulham (only scoring in some Dutch duffers league). He COULD be a good striker, but he's not there yet (and only seems to do the winger bit for us at the moment).

We need a proven Premiership (English OR Scottish) or European First Div striker - I still think Boyd and/or Reardon.

Elvis would be a great striker IF played along side someone like Boyd or Riordan, as he has the pace and skill to to open up defences and can be a good playmaker in setting up goals, but as the main striker along de vries we have potentially the worst strikeforce in the championship

Hmm. 300k seems a bit too much to me, but I suppose Fulham heard we just came into 2 million so upped the price a bit.

I wouldn't have bothered signing him permanently until January. Why pay £300,000 upfront when you can have the chap for free for another 4 months? Even if he scored a shit load and cost us £500-750,000 I would still take that gamble than to waste another £300,000 with the off chance he might start scoring, which he's never shown any indication of doing.

I like the look of the lad, but he's not worth £300,000. We could get Boyd for £100,000 upfront and £200,000 add on's, that's what Cardiff agreed with Kilmarnock.

I wouldn't have bothered signing him permanently until January. Why pay £300,000 upfront when you can have the chap for free for another 4 months? Even if he scored a shit load and cost us £500-750,000 I would still take that gamble than to waste another £300,000 with the off chance he might start scoring, which he's never shown any indication of doing.

I like the look of the lad, but he's not worth £300,000. We could get Boyd for £100,000 upfront and £200,000 add on's, that's what Cardiff agreed with Kilmarnock.

Fulham have got a nice £300,000!

Could be that we're only just signing a pre-contract agreement with them, so that he'll sign in January or next summer permanently...

Hope we'll play him as a striker and not as a winger now. Then we will see Hammond in his preferred position and how good he actually is.

Archived