LedStar Posted 8 March 2015 Posted 8 March 2015 I think we should play: 1 5 4 2 .........................and hope that the referee does not see that we have an extra player on the pitch!
SMX11 Posted 8 March 2015 Posted 8 March 2015 I think we have to get back to way we played in the championship in terms of our pressing game. 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 and get at them from the off.
Dan Posted 8 March 2015 Posted 8 March 2015 Paul Merson's said it all season but in the nicest way possible he's generally wrong about most things.
Strokes Posted 8 March 2015 Posted 8 March 2015 Paul Merson's said it all season but in the nicest way possible he's generally wrong about most things. He wasn't very good at gambling was he?
st albans fox Posted 8 March 2015 Posted 8 March 2015 IMO, in all games between sides (burnley,qpr,villa, sland,hull) we should look for a draw. We don't want any side who we have a chance of catching getting a win. they're all bound to pick one up somewhere, especially later on so in the meantime, draws are good for us (assuming we beat hull. We don't beat hull and quite frankly, the rest is irrelevant)
Soar Fox Posted 8 March 2015 Posted 8 March 2015 burnley should lose to city, sunderland and villa are playing each other, hull are playing us. so if we win we will definitely make up 3 points on hull, worst case scenario 3 points on sunderland, ok scenario 2 points on sunderland and villa, good scenario 3 points on villa. probably 3 points on burnley, hopefully 3 points on qpr (away to palace). then we have a chance. this probably won't happen though but here's hoping. To many scenarios in there for me. Best case scenario is just do our bit and get 3 points.
roachmachine Posted 8 March 2015 Posted 8 March 2015 I'll have 2 of whatever you have been drinking if you really believe we will stop up. It will take a minor miracle for that to happen, the championship beckons get use to it. Too much faith in the players that got us promoted, too stubborn to drop the players performing badly, bad tactics, bad formations, and bad substitutions on occasion = back to the championship I'm afraid
Gerard Posted 8 March 2015 Posted 8 March 2015 Sunderland are playing Villa. So best case scenario is we'll be 4 points behind with a game in hand, vs Chelsea. But our game in hand isn't against Chelsea, it's just a game in hand. Chelsea still have to play QPR, Hull, Sunderland and Leicester out of the bottom six. They also have to play West Brom and Crystal Palace.
shailen Posted 8 March 2015 Posted 8 March 2015 I don't trust pundits opinions because they're usually fickle, by judging a team on results at the bottom of the league where there is leas interest. However for any pundit to come out with a statement like that when it's easy just to say we are more or less down shows that he has seen something, which I've seen a lot this season. That is the fact that we play well in most games. Fair play to him for sticking his neck on the line and actually taking more into consideration our performances, not our results, some of which have been unlucky.
Clever Fox Posted 9 March 2015 Posted 9 March 2015 I'll have 2 of whatever you have been drinking if you really believe we will stop up. It will take a minor miracle for that to happen, the championship beckons get use to it. Too much faith in the players that got us promoted, too stubborn to drop the players performing badly, bad tactics, bad formations, and bad substitutions on occasion = back to the championship I'm afraid I don't accept we're down yet but I do agree with all your other points. Keep the faith a little longer.
LCCFox96 Posted 9 March 2015 Posted 9 March 2015 Like people are saying, if we beat Hull then I'll buy into what Paul Merson is saying and we may yet pull survival from the jaws of relegation, but if we lose then its just about game over. I've kept the faith and remained positive all season but we really are dangling by a thread now. I can see us beating Hull, but I've got a horrible feeling it will be a 0-1 (Jelavic 88') defeat or something alike. If we do win, people have no reason to down tools now though. Keep the faith.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.