Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCtotheprem

Manager next season

Guest MattP

Still haven't heard a name that I'd take over Pearson in the Championship and it looks quite clear from Saturday he still has the dressing room.

I do think he's done at PL level here though after this season.

Still haven't heard a name that I'd take over Pearson in the Championship and it looks quite clear from Saturday he still has the dressing room.

I do think he's done at PL level here though after this season.

If Allardyce was to switch now, would you take him?

Jacnah makes a valid point - the player purchases and retained players from last year have been woeful decisions in the most part. Whether that was NP's decision or someone else at the club the fact remains, our scouting is shocking, despite the praise lavished on Walsh, we have too many old men and once we are down there are very few players that we will have any value in when we come to sell.

The deluded may think we have built something shiny for the future but I reckon a rebuild will be necessary and whether NP will be entrusted with that who knows....probably knowing our luck!!

Guest MattP

If Allardyce was to switch now, would you take him?

Yes.

But I'm absolutely certain he'll be moving to a far more well positioned club than us.

Yes.

But I'm absolutely certain he'll be moving to a far more well positioned club than us.

I'm not so sure. If Sunderland stay up, Advocat will most likely take the job full time. The only other team that may make a change is Everton, but even that I cant really see.

He was happy to manage West Ham in the Championship as there was funding and a long term plan. I wouldnt dismiss it as quickly as some people have.

Guest MattP

I'm not so sure. If Sunderland stay up, Advocat will most likely take the job full time. The only other team that may make a change is Everton, but even that I cant really see.

He was happy to manage West Ham in the Championship as there was funding and a long term plan. I wouldnt dismiss it as quickly as some people have.

Not impossible but very unlikely - I'd be amazed if someone in the top flight didn't want Allardyce if he was available.

Warburton. Young manager who is available with experience of the championship and had success with a team you'd like to think is inferior to ours in terms of quality. Most importantly he is still on an upward curve as a manager as opposed to Pearson who is most definitely now on the downward slope. Few managers achieve success again after they've experienced a big failure like relegation or a sacking. The support for him on this thread is incredible and I suggest you all re-read ttfns excellent post from the other week

I'd like to see Pearson stay too. Give him until Christmas to try get the group back into the form they displayed last season. If by December he has been unable to keep us in/around the playoffs and within striking distance of the playoffs I think the owners will then look to change the management team. 

If he were to go I'd imagine that Neil Lennon would probably be the bookies favourite and the type of character that the owners would look to.

Warburton. Young manager who is available with experience of the championship and had success with a team you'd like to think is inferior to ours in terms of quality.

By "experience of the Championship" you mean 8 months' experience?

Bit of a long shout but what about Robbie Neilson. On the 5live football phone in last night, they were saying how he's really bought the players together and got the most out of them at Hearts.

Just a suggestion so don't shoot it down.

I think we've been scarred for years to come by ex-Hearts managers

Pearson. We'll be going into next year with a proven, tight knit unit in all departments. Other teams should fear us.

Why would Eddie Howe come to Leicester?

All depends whether Bournemouth get promoted I suspect. And if we go down. If Bournemouth don't go up, City would be a great challenge for any up and coming young manager.

I like him. I like how he talks, how he comes across. And I like the football Bournemouth play. It's quick and attacking. They tore Borough apart last weekend who, I thought, were probably the strongest team in the division.

All depends whether Bournemouth get promoted I suspect. And if we go down. If Bournemouth don't go up, City would be a great challenge for any up and coming young manager.

I like him. I like how he talks, how he comes across. And I like the football Bournemouth play. It's quick and attacking. They tore Borough apart last weekend who, I thought, were probably the strongest team in the division.

Fair enough, I guess I already have them promoted which is a bit previous.  He's been with Bournemouth as player and coach on and off since 1994, even if they aren't promoted, I'd imagine Bournemouth has a lot more physiological pull than Leicester.

Fair enough, I guess I already have them promoted which is a bit previous. He's been with Bournemouth as player and coach on and off since 1994, even if they aren't promoted, I'd imagine Bournemouth has a lot more physiological pull than Leicester.

Psychological?

lol

You could be right.

The same Adkins who made an absolute mess of the Reading job and is now out of work. They had a good squad and he got nothing out of them, so what makes you think he would do any different here?

Bit harsh,wasnt really given long enough and hardly flying now hes left, far better manager than Pearson for me when you consider what he achieved at Southampton and Scunny.

Bit harsh,wasnt really given long enough and hardly flying now hes left, far better manager than Pearson for me when you consider what he achieved at Southampton and Scunny.

What has he achieved that Pearson hasn't?

Mark Warburton.

Bridges are burned here with Pearson. Some of the damage wont be able to be repaired without change.

That's exactly what I worry.

I say this as someone who has lost faith in him - I would love nothing more for him to either keep us up this year or to get us back up and keep us up the year after, having learnt from his mistakes and rebuilt the burned bridges. I just think this time it's a step too far.

Archived