Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCtotheprem

Manager next season

Ultimately we are looking for a manager that not only can get us promoted but also sustain us in the Premiership.

Nothing against Pearson at all, I think from the way people speak of him that know him he's a great bloke, but clearly he's fallen some way short of being Premiership quality and I can't see how anyone can argue to the contary. Poor selections week in week out, Poor tactics, poor buys etc etc

Who we bring in is difficult as nobdy springs to mind but either someone of proven ability if they become available or someone with a real football nous like Ronald Koeman. Possibly Michael Laudrup?

Neil Lennon from a nostalgic perspective would be great but I'm not 100% convinced. The same with Phillips and Cambiasso where we'd really be taking a leap of faith.

In what other field of work would you hire someone to lead your organisation with so little experience?

Probably no other area of work but we're talking about football. In this case I don't think we want someone with years of championship experience as it just shows they haven't been good enough to get promoted and stay there, like Warnock or Davies or Pearson...

What about Southampton? Conveniently forgotten, methinks

I saw Reading quite a bit, as they're on my doorstep, and their squad was pretty poor. Little money to bring in good players.

Hmm a manager who got his side promoted from the Championship with ease, but then couldn't hack it in the prem... sounds like for like to me :rolleyes:

All depends whether Bournemouth get promoted I suspect. And if we go down. If Bournemouth don't go up, City would be a great challenge for any up and coming young manager.

I like him. I like how he talks, how he comes across. And I like the football Bournemouth play. It's quick and attacking. They tore Borough apart last weekend who, I thought, were probably the strongest team in the division.

He couldn't hack it at Burnley then went back to Bournemouth with his tail between his legs. Strikes me as a one club man.

Jacnah makes a valid point - the player purchases and retained players from last year have been woeful decisions in the most part. Whether that was NP's decision or someone else at the club the fact remains, our scouting is shocking, despite the praise lavished on Walsh, we have too many old men and once we are down there are very few players that we will have any value in when we come to sell.

The deluded may think we have built something shiny for the future but I reckon a rebuild will be necessary and whether NP will be entrusted with that who knows....probably knowing our luck!!

I can tell you for a fact it's not shocking. Various players were identified in the Summer. But bigger clubs with bigger budgets came calling. It says a lot that Spurs poached our top analyst whilst they currently restructure their own scouting set-up. No-one at this club has ever had the foresight to seen the likes of Mahrez or Kramaric. Pearson's transfer record is very comparable to O'Neills. With some great successes, there were some very big misses. 

Do we want to back to an era of signing players of names etc? If Pearson is to leave, I'd like Warburton in. He has a similar policy of getting in youthful lads without baggage and making them work for him. I do not want someone who is totally cluless on trying to mould a side and do a rebuilding job. 

I don't think we can simplify matters to that extent! A lot of the Pro-Pearson argument has focused on shifting responsibility from players to manager, so surely they also play their part. In some cases - Howard, Oakley, King, Gradel, Fryatt, Schmeichel, Konchesky, Nugent, Moore, Schlupp - those players weren't even signed by Pearson.

You;d argue all those players developed under Pearson though for all those accusations of not developing players. King lost his touch when Sven and Sousa started employing him as a different player but he was developing brilliantly when Pearson was here first. Howard, Oakley and Fryatt were galvanised by Pearson and openly criticised the previous regime (regimes in Fryatt's case) of their time. Nugent delivered his first ever 20 goal a season last year. Moore and Schlupp he's blooded at the highest level which is going to help in the long-term. Schmeichel and Konchesky are both debatable but I believe they had their best seasons last year. Also I don't how anyone can be credited with the signings of King, Gradel, Moore and Schlupp seeing as they are academy graduates which Pearson has chosen to utilise. I think it would have been very difficult for anyone to manage Gradel at the time and given the way Gallagher has praised Pearson's approach with his family, I think there's a bit more too it than the stereotypical story of flair player falls out with ex-defender headteacher. 

It's a funny old game. Anyone criticising Pearson for that spell in the Championship etc. is clearly one of those who has always held a problem with him since his second return. 

All depends whether Bournemouth get promoted I suspect. And if we go down. If Bournemouth don't go up, City would be a great challenge for any up and coming young manager.

I like him. I like how he talks, how he comes across. And I like the football Bournemouth play. It's quick and attacking. They tore Borough apart last weekend who, I thought, were probably the strongest team in the division.

Isn't that how we were playing last season?

Nigel's got to be the man in the championship knows what it take to get promotion lets not forget we played some of the best football we've seen for years last season.

Probably because the players were playing with confidence. How much of that will be lost after this season?

Pearson. We'll be going into next year with a proven, tight knit unit in all departments. Other teams should fear us.

Why would Eddie Howe come to Leicester?

All departments?

I'm inclined to think that every department needs rebuilding. They may be ok for the Chamoionship but surely this season has shown how woefully below Oremier level they truly are.

Not one member of our defence is Premier class.

Only James and Mahrez from the midfield and Kramaric perhaps from the strikers have shown they could perhaps make the step up should we get promoted again next season.

We need 20 new players should we get back.

All departments?

I'm inclined to think that every department needs rebuilding. They may be ok for the Chamoionship but surely this season has shown how woefully below Oremier level they truly are.

Only James and Mahrez from the midfield and Kramaric perhaps from the strikers have shown they could perhaps make the step up should we get promoted again next season.

20 new players?? wow you really think that we need 20? I would say 5-10 max over the next 2 seasons.

20 new players?? wow you really think that we need 20? I would say 5-10 max over the next 2 seasons.

I said we needed 10 before this season started and we now have a much older squad.

Let's assume we get relegated and come straight back, name the 15 to 20 players we currently have who will play in the premier.

I'm struggling to name and believe in:

James

Mahrez

Kramaric

Schlupp

Not one of our defence is good enough for the premier.

Drinkwater has been poor

Nugent will be too old

Vardy has the occasional good game

Probably because the players were playing with confidence. How much of that will be lost after this season?

How confident do you think they were after losing that playoff game to Watford in the manner that they did? We bounced back after a disappointing season then, no reason why we can't do it again.

All departments?

I agree if we stay up but that's highly unlikely. I'm addressing the likelihood of us going down.

I agree if we stay up but that's highly unlikely. I'm addressing the likelihood of us going down.

But if we are relegated we need to rebuild the squad with the assumption that we will get promoted again, hence the bed to start again.

Even if we didn't work in that assumption we still need a major rebuild.

We will lose 2 goalies ( as Hamer will surely want away after the way he's been dropped).

We need a new left back

2 centre halfs

Couple of wide players as Albrighton will want to leave and Mahrez may move to a premier side.

Replacements for Cambiasso and Hammond

Kramaric and Ulloa may leave.

Minimum of 10 new players just to make us ready for the Championship.

But if we are relegated we need to rebuild the squad with the assumption that we will get promoted again, hence the bed to start again.

We will lose 2 goalies ( as Hamer will surely want away after the way he's been dropped).

We need a new left back

2 centre halfs

Couple of wide players as Albrighton will want to leave and Mahrez may move to a premier side.

You build a squad to get promoted, sort the Premier League out after you have done that.

I very much doubt players good enough to play in that division will available and willing en masse (ten players?) to want to come and play in the Championship.

Kasper-Hamer-Scharwzer (all 3 fine in Champ)

RDL - Wasyl - New CB/Morgan/ - New LB/Konchesky/Schulpp

Albrighton/Mahrez - James-Drinkwater-New Winger/Schulpp

Ulloa-Vardy-Nugent

That's without mentioning King/Simpson/Lawrence/Kramaric/Moore etc

To say we need ten new players is beyond ridiculous and probably impossible, we've still got a huge basis of a squad that has the capablitity of being successful in the Championship, just have a look at the teams currently at the top if it now. The gap is massive between the two leagues.

Our biggest danger next year would be sweeping the boards of a squad probably good enough to go up for another Sven/Sousa/Levein scattergun approach.

We need a new left back

2 centre halfs

I guess I should have been more explicit. When I said departments, I am referring to the club as a whole, not just the playing staff.

Of course some or all of that needs addressing but changing managers will unnecessarily, in my opinion, throw the club into turmoil again.

You build a squad to get promoted, sort the Premier League out after you have done that.

I very much doubt players good enough to play in that division will available and willing en masse (ten players?) to want to come and play in the Championship.

Kasper-Hamer-Scharwzer (all 3 fine in Champ)

RDL - Wasyl - New CB/Morgan/ - New LB/Konchesky/Schulpp

Albrighton/Mahrez - James-Drinkwater-New Winger/Schulpp

Ulloa-Vardy-Nugent

That's without mentioning King/Simpson/Lawrence/Kramaric/Moore etc

To say we need ten new players is beyond ridiculous and probably impossible, we've still got a huge basis of a squad that has the capablitity of being successful in the Championship, just have a look at the teams currently at the top if it now. The gap is massive between the two leagues.

Our biggest danger next year would be sweeping the boards of a squad probably good enough to go up for another Sven/Sousa/Levein scattergun approach.

Shwarzer will be too old, Hamer will want to leave.

Konchesky will be too old

Wasyl may be too old

Albrighton will want to leave

Mahrez may be offered a move by a premier club

Ulloa may be offered a premier move

Cambiasso may be too old or may move.

There's 8 places need filling.

Wasyl may be too old

You do realise you don't need a set number as a squad? We had four centre mids last season, we could have the same 4 next and not replace Cambiasso.

Hamer may well go, don't agree on Schwarzer being too old at all, he has looked ok in the PL last few games, certainly won't be exposed in the Championship within in a year, Wasyl is older than Konchesky! A few players may well leave but we certainly won't be needing ten new players when you look at the squad we should have left.

Players like RDL, Drinkwater, James, Vardy, Ulloa, King, Kasper etc should be even better than last season given some they will have gained some top flight experience and some are coming into what should be the best years of their lives.

Do you know any of these players we can buy who are prepared to come to the Championship and are will be more than good enough to make the step-up to the Preniership? We're all ears.

Wasyl may be too old

An only three of which played any part last season and not even full seasons at that.

All departments?

hahahahaha

Leaving aside who may or may not be good enough for the Championship, how many of our current squad do you think would be good enough for the PL should we get promoted?

what in 2016? a lot. all we are missing this season is about 3 quality players. a squad isn't made up of 25 superstars... You do realise that right? 

Leaving aside who may or may not be good enough for the Championship, how many of our current squad do you think would be good enough for the PL should we get promoted?

Sigh... you don't need 20+ players of proven premier league standard to survive. You need a core that are and the rest to supplement them. Just as Hull had last year. Burnley don't have 20+ premier league standard players in a million years, but they are in with a shout of staying up.

Archived