Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCtotheprem

Manager next season

RDL is forced to cut in when you play him there, every manger and defender will know that.

Why would Albrighton stay when the manager clearly has no confidence in him or has fallen out with him.

RDL cutting inside isn't an issue to me, I actually think it's better with swapped wide players in general, Vardy on left when he's right footed, Mahrez on the right when he's left footed etc.. 

Albrighton signed for 4 years, I'd like to think he's the kind of player that'll want to fight for his place even next year.

RDL cutting inside isn't an issue to me, I actually think it's better with swapped wide players in general, Vardy on left when he's right footed, Mahrez on the right when he's left footed etc..

Albrighton signed for 4 years, I'd like to think he's the kind of player that'll want to fight for his place even next year.

Would you stay somewhere knowing the manager doesn't rate you and that should you get promoted will drop you again? Same applies with Hamer, Knocky, Drinkwater

The problem on this board is that many of you still think we have been unlucky this season.

Oh really... who has mentioned luck in this thread. Errrrrr nobody except you.

We've been bottom for months because we don't have a defence capable of stopping others from scoring and we don't have a squad ever set up to actually attack and score more goals than the opposition.

We've scored more than three teams, the same as West Brom and one less than Hull. We've got the joint third worst defence in the league. We are not a million miles away like you keep seemingly suggesting.

The problem on this board is that many of you still think we have been unlucky this season.

Oh really... who has mentioned luck in this thread. Errrrrr nobody except you.

A few kept pointing out pre season that the squad wasn't good enough. If we'd still been in the championship and bought the summer recruitments I'd have been happy, never thought they were premier players but apparently it's ok to just improve your bench. It would be if you had a first eleven if premier quality players, something we were clearly lacking in.

And if we had bought better in the summer, perhaps the others would have been good enough to supplement them. Which is exactly what everyone keeps saying.

Would you stay somewhere knowing the manager doesn't rate you and that should you get promoted will drop you again? Same applies with Hamer, Knocky, Drinkwater

This is an interesting point. Given what has happened with selections in a losing team this season, the closely knit group that got promoted probably won't be going back in the same state. Pearson would no doubt have some fence mending to do.

If I got offered a 4 year deal on Premiership pay.. hell yeah i'd be staying.

Wouldn't care if the manager rates me at all, would do my best to make an impact while I can, but if i'm not rated and not playing, then i'll look at my game and try to improve so I can be playing, rather than pick at somebody else's perception of my game.

How confident do you think they were after losing that playoff game to Watford in the manner that they did? We bounced back after a disappointing season then, no reason why we can't do it again.

A single suffering defeat is easier to bounce back from, they had something to prove after that defeat to Watford.

It's slightly different to have a season of losses, long runs with out a win.

It's a more of a physiological impact. 

We could easily lose 10-15 players at the end of the season, some retiring some moving on. Whoever is manager next season will need to rebuild the squad.

We could also easily lose about 6 and not have a massive rebuild to do.

A single suffering defeat is easier to bounce back from, they had something to prove after that defeat to Watford.

It's slightly different to have a season of losses, long runs with out a win.

It's a more of a physiological impact. 

We also had that before the Watford game.

Yes it will be a different psychological test, but the players have shown themselves mentally strong last season, plus this season as well in many respects and we certainly haven't given up.

If I got offered a 4 year deal on Premiership pay.. hell yeah i'd be staying.

Wouldn't care if the manager rates me at all, would do my best to make an impact while I can, but if i'm not rated and not playing, then i'll look at my game and try to improve so I can be playing, rather than pick at somebody else's perception of my game.

We won't be paying Premier Leafue salaries in the championship, if we are someone needs shooting.

Nobody knows, but what Hackney is saying isn't outrageous. It's quite possible he's right.

Thank you Webbo.

We could also easily lose about 6 and not have a massive rebuild to do.

Unlikely though.

How many players are over 30?

Then there's the players who will be upset at not having been regulars this season.

Plus any players that premier or newly promoted clubs may want.

6 seems a very low number.

This is an interesting point. Given what has happened with selections in a losing team this season, the closely knit group that got promoted probably won't be going back in the same state. Pearson would no doubt have some fence mending to do.

Seems I'm not the only one who is mad on here.

Unlikely though.

How many players are over 30?

Then there's the players who will be upset at not having been regulars this season.

Plus any players that premier or newly promoted clubs may want.

6 seems a very low number.

Was, Upson, Cambiasso, Upson, Mahrez and Knockaert are the most likely to leave for me. (I'm not including players not currently with us, so the like of GTF, Gallagher will clearly go). Konch could easily get handed another year as backup and so could Hammond.

All of this x player will want to go because he's not played regularly could easily be way off the mark. All well paid, all under long contracts, all at a big club, all unlikely to get much of a better offer than us.

Was, Upson, Cambiasso, Upson, Mahrez and Knockaert are the most likely to leave for me. (I'm not including players not currently with us, so the like of GTF, Gallagher will clearly go). Konch could easily get handed another year as backup and so could Hammond.

All of this x player will want to go because he's not played regularly could easily be way off the mark. All well paid, all under long contracts, all at a big club, all unlikely to get much of a better offer than us.

Personal pride may make them go.

If I got offered a contract elsewhere on anything like the same money and I was Hamer, Albrighton, Knocky or even Drinkwater I'd be off.

Kramaric, Schlupp and Ulloa could attract offers and I reckon Andy King, Albrighton and Drinkwater will be looking for moves. 1 of the goalkeepers will leave for sure.

What that we need 20 new players. Do me a favour.

Squad of 25 for the Premier should we get back.

Tell me who you think from the current squad is good enough for a first 11. Then name me the others you think you'd be happy to have playing even 20 minutes regularly as subs.

Kramaric, Schlupp and Ulloa could attract offers and I reckon Andy King, Albrighton and Drinkwater will be looking for moves. 1 of the goalkeepers will leave for sure.

So with Babs plus yours that's 9 plus Babs only wants Konch as backup.

Hamer will surely want to go and do we really want a 43 year old goalie in the bench next season? We'd need to replace both as well should we get promoted.

Glad it's not just me who thinks we need a major rebuild whether forced or through choice.

Is upson leaving twice babs lol

If it's true that WBA wanted Vardy in the transfer window they could be back for him in the summer. 

To say "we'll only lose a few it's no big deal" is very optimistic in my view.

We also had that before the Watford game.

Yes it will be a different psychological test, but the players have shown themselves mentally strong last season, plus this season as well in many respects and we certainly haven't given up.

No, I agree our players have shown spirit that's for sure!

My point was I don't think you can compare the two circumstances. I think it will take a lot more next season.

Squad of 25 for the Premier should we get back.

Tell me who you think from the current squad is good enough for a first 11. Then name me the others you think you'd be happy to have playing even 20 minutes regularly as subs.

Mahrez, Kramaric, James, Cambiasso - they're all good enough starters in the Premiership

Schlupp, Moore, Drinkwater - need more time, game-time to develop of the coming year.

Thats 7 right there i'd happily have in the 11 come next season and in the Prem if we manage to get back.

I'd only be focussed on improving the side rather than replacing potential departures.

LB, CM, LW are the priority to me. 

I think we'll be able to keep most of our squad. The players seem to want to play for Pearson and, on the whole, won't be wanted by other clubs. These big clear outs only happen at clubs who panic and manage themselves poorly when relegated. If we stay calm, tell everyone that it's business as usual and we're going again I expect most would happily buy into that and stay put.

There seems to be a bit of a contradiction in what some are saying. Our squad are total rubbish we're told, yet they'll be wanted by other clubs and will therefore move on. To me that sounds like an attempt to twist things to make it seem as if we'll need change next season.

I think we'll be able to keep most of our squad. The players seem to want to play for Pearson and, on the whole, won't be wanted by other clubs. These big clear outs only happen at clubs who panic and manage themselves poorly when relegated. If we stay calm, tell everyone that it's business as usual and we're going again I expect most would happily buy into that and stay put.

There seems to be a bit of a contradiction in what some are saying. Our squad are total rubbish we're told, yet they'll be wanted by other clubs and will therefore move on. To me that sounds like an attempt to twist things to make it seem as if we'll need change next season.

I'd say it was more, some could do a job in a lower PL team, some are getting past their sell by date and some will want a move (even if it's just a sideways move) for the sake of their careers.

Archived