Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCtotheprem

Manager next season

Mahrez, Kramaric, James, Cambiasso - they're all good enough starters in the Premiership

Schlupp, Moore, Drinkwater - need more time, game-time to develop of the coming year.

Thats 7 right there i'd happily have in the 11 come next season and in the Prem if we manage to get back.

I'd only be focussed on improving the side rather than replacing potential departures.

LB, CM, LW are the priority to me.

Cambiasso won't be playing in 2 seasons time let alone in the PL.

Moore has been poor in almost every game this season so the jury is still out on him.

I like Schlupp at times but don't think he has the brain for the PL.

For Drinkwater see Moore.

So 7 becomes 5 at best. Still well short of a starting 11 and who would you accept on the bench, not many of the current squad for me.

I'd say it was more, some could do a job in a lower PL team, some are getting past their sell by date and some will want a move (even if it's just a sideways move) for the sake of their careers.

Those susceptible to Premier League sale are Kramaric and Mahrez, possibly Vardy if someones willing to pay 7+ mill which I don't think anyone would.

We won't sell Kramaric for anything less than what we paid for him, and a season in the Championship could do him the world of good to develop.

Mahrez is the only player i'm expecting to be sold off, as he's more likely to attract higher clubs.

Schmeichel would be the other player I'd personally sell if a bid came in for him - I'd make Hamer the starting GK next season, something I can see happening regardless of Schmeichel's status.

Gone

Schmeichel, Mahrez, GTF, Gallagher, Konchesky, Huth, Cambiasso, Upson, Knockaert -- these are the players I expect to be gone, out of those, the only replacement would need to be a Left Back - with 2/3 players brought in to improve the first team squad wherever Nigel sees fit.

Selling Kramaric, Mahrez, James, Schlupp etc would not happen to a club in our financial position with the manager still in charge.

Just my opinion, we'll find out in due course.

Those susceptible to Premier League sale are Kramaric and Mahrez, possibly Vardy if someones willing to pay 7+ mill which I don't think anyone would.

We won't sell Kramaric for anything less than what we paid for him, and a season in the Championship could do him the world of good to develop.

Mahrez is the only player i'm expecting to be sold off, as he's more likely to attract higher clubs.

Schmeichel would be the other player I'd personally sell if a bid came in for him - I'd make Hamer the starting GK next season, something I can see happening regardless of Schmeichel's status.

Gone

Schmeichel, Mahrez, GTF, Gallagher, Konchesky, Huth, Cambiasso, Upson, Knockaert -- these are the players I expect to be gone, out of those, the only replacement would need to be a Left Back - with 2/3 players brought in to improve the first team squad wherever Nigel sees fit.

Selling Kramaric, Mahrez, James, Schlupp etc would not happen to a club in our financial position with the manager still in charge.

This 

I think we'll be able to keep most of our squad. The players seem to want to play for Pearson and, on the whole, won't be wanted by other clubs. These big clear outs only happen at clubs who panic and manage themselves poorly when relegated. If we stay calm, tell everyone that it's business as usual and we're going again I expect most would happily buy into that and stay put.

There seems to be a bit of a contradiction in what some are saying. Our squad are total rubbish we're told, yet they'll be wanted by other clubs and will therefore move on. To me that sounds like an attempt to twist things to make it seem as if we'll need change next season.

All that Webbo said plus I don't want to keep many of our squad, not many I would be sad to see leave. Kramaric, James, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Albrighton, Vardy, Cambiasso, Moore, De Laet are probably the only ones I'd be upset to not have for next season. I'd love to see Huth stay but that seems unlikely.

Gone

If players want to leave then it doesn't make sense to keep them whatever our financial position.

You can't judge what players will be like over a year from now, especially when most of it is based on a handful of appearances this season.

Just go back and see what people thought of Drinkwater and Vardy in the summer of 2013, and then again in the summer of 2014. 

As for Harry Kane...

All that Webbo said plus I don't want to keep many of our squad, not many I would be sad to see leave. Kramaric, James, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Albrighton, Vardy, Cambiasso, Moore, De Laet are probably the only ones I'd be upset to not have for next season. I'd love to see Huth stay but that seems unlikely.

Personally, I feel fairly confident that a Championship winning squad would have a good chance of doing well in the Championship.

It seems ridiculous to me that a club can massively regress after a season in a higher division.

You can't judge what players will be like over a year from now, especially when most of it is based on a handful of appearances this season.

Just go back and see what people thought of Drinkwater and Vardy in the summer of 2013, and then again in the summer of 2014.

As for Harry Kane...

Or Drinkwater in spring 2015

Kane would still be rubbish if he was playing for us as NFP would be playing him on the wing.

Personally, I feel fairly confident that a Championship winning squad would have a good chance of doing well in the Championship.

It seems ridiculous to me that a club can massively regress after a season in a higher division.

We had a very confident team for the last half of that season and very few injuries.

Next season some of the players will have left and their wont be a shred of confidence left, hadn't Moore been dropped recently?

Or Drinkwater in spring 2015

Kane would still be rubbish if he was playing for us as NFP would be playing him on the wing.

I still don't think anyone was watching him and saying "if he just put Harry Kane up front, I can see that lad scoring 30-odd goals at the top level, winning an England cap and Sky Sports News basically being re-branded as Harry Kane News within two years"

You just posted above:Selling Kramaric, Mahrez, James, Schlupp etc would not happen to a club in our financial position with the manager still in charge.

My reply was to that post.

Yeah, my point is nobody has expressed an interest in leaving, or has even hinted at a move away via twitter, rumour, or in the media. If a bid from Tottenham Hotspurs or Porto comes in which meets our sale price, then perhaps a player would want to leave then.. but I can't see Kramaric wanting to leave for Watford, or Schlupp (who has a new born btw) a move to Sunderland.

We had a very confident team for the last half of that season and very few injuries.

Next season some of the players will have left and their wont be a shred of confidence left, hadn't Moore been dropped recently?

Who's to say we won't win our first 5 games in the Championship. Nigel Pearson did very well at forgetting that playoff defeat to Watford, i'm sure he can encourage his lads to perform like they know how in the Championship.

I still don't think anyone was watching him and saying "if he just put Harry Kane up front, I can see that lad scoring 30-odd goals at the top level, winning an England cap and Sky Sports News basically being re-branded as Harry Kane News within two years"

Agree but typically out manger tried to force a square peg etc

Yeah, my point is nobody has expressed an interest in leaving, or has even hinted at a move away via twitter, rumour, or in the media. If a bid from Tottenham Hotspurs or Porto comes in which meets our sale price, then perhaps a player would want to leave then.. but I can't see Kramaric wanting to leave for Watford, or Schlupp (who has a new born btw) a move to Sunderland.

Who's to say we won't win our first 5 games in the Championship. Nigel Pearson did very well at forgetting that playoff defeat to Watford, i'm sure he can encourage his lads to perform like they know how in the Championship.

I think he's lost a lot of the squad by not playing them this season, people like Albrighton are clearly unhappy judging by his wife's Twitter post.

When we lost to Watford they were still a squad, he's lost that mentality now. Hamer, Albrighton, Knocky, Drinkwater will all feel unappreciated and Karamaric and Ulloa can't have much confidence in him as he hasn't played to their strengths and then drops them. It's appalling man management.

There's actually people out there who call Pearson NFP or coco without a hint of irony hahaha

You clearly don't understand why he's called NFP.

The f is as you know for fcuking but in the sense of Fcuking who? so it wasn't meant detrimentally.

It was given when he first arrived and was basically unknown.

We could easily lose 10-15 players at the end of the season, some retiring some moving on. Whoever is manager next season will need to rebuild the squad.

Exactly. We will have to rebuild, big time. This time, we will need a far better squad, that WILL be able to adapt to Premiership football. That is the reason  why Pearson must go.

Mahrez, Kramaric, James, Cambiasso - they're all good enough starters in the Premiership

Schlupp, Moore, Drinkwater - need more time, game-time to develop of the coming year.

Thats 7 right there i'd happily have in the 11 come next season and in the Prem if we manage to get back.

I'd only be focussed on improving the side rather than replacing potential departures.

Can only see those players playing for a piss poor prem team. Well I have seen them I suppose. Mahrez prem class at times all the rest not at the moment and probably never after this season

Can only see those players playing for a piss poor prem team. Well I have seen them I suppose. Mahrez prem class at times all the rest not at the moment and probably never after this season

If anyone else signs Cambiasso to play in a Prem team ill be flabbergasted.

Schlupp however, I think would go. Possibly to one of the promoted sides.

And I think Mahrez will probably end up in Spain or Italy.

Archived