Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCtotheprem

Manager next season

The way you talk it's like you believe the team who finishes 17th will have 11 players capable of playing in the Premier League and the one who finishes 18th will have none.

Nice way of summing it up. Ridiculous.

The way you talk it's like you believe the team who finishes 17th will have 11 players capable of playing in the Premier League and the one who finishes 18th will have none.

You could shove any of our eleven into another team and they'd be good enough to play in the Premier League, squad building for the season is a bit more complex than picking up 11 players who look good enough for the level, it's a combination of loads of things.

Good job, it's not so black and white finishing 17th and 18th.

Chopping and changing never works, whether its managers or players, players need time to bond to play well together (look at Burnley).

I don't think a massive re-build is needed if we are to go down, we have a good squad if we are to go down to the championship. 

Crap. Chopping and changing has worked for Palace, West Brom, Sunderland last two seasons etc etc etc. And works for big teams too : Chelsea 9 managers in 10 years = 12 trophies. (14 in you count Community shield). Whereas good old Arsenal have won one trophy during that time. 

Crap. Chopping and changing has worked for Palace, West Brom, Sunderland last two seasons etc etc etc. And works for big teams too : Chelsea 9 managers in 10 years = 12 trophies. (14 in you count Community shield). Whereas good old Arsenal have won one trophy during that time. 

You're comparing Chelsea swapping managers, to Leicester?

Chelsea could hire a 12 year old as a manager tomorrow and he'd still be capable of winning the Premier League.

Sorry but the top teams who change managers are irrelevant, their goals of success are bringing in trophies, not escaping the drop zone in the Premier League. Barcelona and Real Madrid are constantly trying out different managers to get that edge, not because they're falling.

As for Sunderland, West Brom, Palace chopping and changing working - no it hasn't. Sunderland have looked worse this year than last year, and last year has looked worse than the season before, they've degressed massively. West Brom haven't had an overhauled of their team at all, their new manager failed to sign Jamie Vardy and Carlton Cole - Palace are the only exception who again, haven't had an overhaul of players + manager, Pardew has just stepped in and ignited their home form. 

I think you're talking about a managerial change, over the complete squad overhaul.

Granted a change of manager has worked for Palace & West brom. Sunderland this season is yet to be seen? 

I don't really think you can compare us to Chelsea? If you get rid of Pearson and bring Mourinho in, great. Lets not forget the money they have spent in that time aswell. 

Arsenal have never failed to reach the top 4 of the premiership if memory serves me?

IMO chopping and changing at lower levels or with lesser teams doesn't work as well because of the calibre of player in the squad. Just my opinion though.

This is a really basic concept that people need to grasp... they don't all need to be premier league quality. Burnley are a few points away from survival and don't have a squad full of "premier league players". Hull didn't last year either, or Palace.

What we are missing from the current group are a couple of quality players that can make the difference. You don't give Spurs and Arsenal a good game twice, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool if all of your players are crap. We're "in it every game" as the pundits keep saying.

Very true.

It's the simple goals we let in that is frustrating to watch. We could have won at White Hart Lane and that's the sad thing; the first two goals are so soft never mind the penalty. Need to sort out our set pieces, both ends! 

Very true.

It's the simple goals we let in that is frustrating to watch. We could have won at White Hart Lane and that's the sad thing; the first two goals are so soft never mind the penalty. Need to sort out our set pieces, both ends! 

It's not been often this season I've come away thinking we're a mile away from being good enough. I often feel like we're very close but just lacking that little bit exta. I think you could add 2 or 3 players to the spine of the current team and we'd do ok.

It's not been often this season I've come away thinking we're a mile away from being good enough. I often feel like we're very close but just lacking that little bit exta. I think you could add 2 or 3 players to the spine of the current team and we'd do ok.

Absolutely. A creative "number 10" and a solid CB/LB and I reckon we'd be amongst it.

And that is why we need a change of manager because if you or I can spot it why can't Nigey?

And that is why we need a change of manager because if you or I can spot it why can't Nigey?

Please dont. You'll just get a 'how do you know he hasnt?' Kind of response.

This is all so pointless now. We're going down because of many factors but as we all know, in football it's the manager that is held accountable. Some deserve it and some dont. Given his decisions, conduct and general demeanour this season, I cant see how anyone can say that Pearson doesnt deserve the sack but hey ho. Once we beat Swindon or whoever next year everyone who supports NP can say 'told you we should have kept him'.

Please dont. You'll just get a 'how do you know he hasnt?' Kind of response.

This is all so pointless now. We're going down because of many factors but as we all know, in football it's the manager that is held accountable. Some deserve it and some dont. Given his decisions, conduct and general demeanour this season, I cant see how anyone can say that Pearson doesnt deserve the sack but hey ho. Once we beat Swindon or whoever next year everyone who supports NP can say 'told you we should have kept him'.

This"..............spot on.

I have my opinions as much as the next person and i'll continue to believe until there is a red R next to our name.

But for the remaining few games I think we should all just enjoy it whether we go down or not.

Alternatively add a manager who has a bit more tactical nous, at least on who can figure out his best team and formation, just at some point in say the first half of the season before it's too late. Or a manager who isn't going to blow £17m on forwards who don't fit in with the rest of the squad. Or a manager who isn't going to persist with players who clearly aren't good enough while refusing to give other players a chance.

Any of these minor improvements and we'd be several points better off.

Alternatively add a manager who has a bit more tactical nous, at least on who can figure out his best team and formation, just at some point in say the first half of the season before it's too late. Or a manager who isn't going to blow £17m on forwards who don't fit in with the rest of the squad. Or a manager who isn't going to persist with players who clearly aren't good enough while refusing to give other players a chance.

Any of these minor improvements and we'd be several points better off.

Perhaps you need to read back through the chain of posts, whist I appreciate this is a thread about next seasons manager. Most of the recent posts had actually been about the squad, their capabilities, how many new players we'd need next season or the season after if we came back up. So everything you've put is a completely different conversation to the one I've been having.

As I've already said in other threads, Pearson has fecked up. The recent posts in this thread are nothing to do with Pearson or my thoughts on him.

Agree so the question... why the hell didn't we?... Oh I know... we have a arrogant manager in charge!

His goals from open play were well down on the season before, next season he will be 2 years older, there's a reason he didn't get offered a 4 year contract.

What?

He'll be 30. Think he's got a couple of years before we have to think about age making him worse FFS.

Agree so the question... why the hell didn't we?... Oh I know... we have a arrogant manager in charge!

I don't know, perhaps you need to ask him. Perhaps he thought what we had was good enough, perhaps he thought those we brought in were enough, perhaps we struggled to get the right people. I have no idea.

Either way, I don't think he's made enough of what we had anyway.

Pearson will be in charge next season, the owners will expect a instant return and Pearson has shown he can win the championship!!   I can't see the owners being very generous next season and Pearson won't be given so much time if things go wrong!!!

i don't understand the logic of 'give him ten games'.

if he fails you can  pretty much  write the season off.

a new manager will only have the jan xfer window to  work with.

if you want to get  a new man in do it as early in the summer as possible.

if not, keep nigel and give him  the whole season to  get the team promoted again so he doesn't have to second guess all the time to keep his job..

Archived