Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCtotheprem

Manager next season

I said weeks ago I liked Eddie Howe. He talks an awful lot of sense, is articulate and let's have it right, has done an amazing job with Bournemouth. He has them playing with pace and confidence..much like us last season.

However, I think Pearson will stay, whatever, and it could well be that Howe is a 'one team manager'. Some managers are like this.

If Bournemouth do go up (now 1/10 with the bookies), he would have done a pretty incredible job.

I said weeks ago I liked Eddie Howe. He talks an awful lot of sense, is articulate and let's have it right, has done an amazing job with Bournemouth. He has them playing with pace and confidence..much like us last season.

However, I think Pearson will stay, whatever, and it could well be that Howe is a 'one team manager'. Some managers are like this.

If Bournemouth do go up (now 1/10 with the bookies), he would have done a pretty incredible job.

I can't believe how short odds Bournemouth are. They're 1 point clear at the top and there are 3 teams chasing them.

If there is one thing that this season has taught me, its that you need prem experience- as a player and as a manager.

Been more impressed with his tactical switches/ changes this 2nd half of the season than i was in the first half.

I'd be inclined to think Nigel as much as anyone has learnt from this experience somewhat. ( still has his bum chums tho'!)

He's now playing the players and system many of us has been calling for most of the Season. Namely Big Was at the back and the use of fast raiding wingers namely Albrighton and Schlupp on the wings firing plenty of crosses for Ulloa. Playing with width and getting the ball into the box always has and will always create chances. The addition of Huth at the back has also helped.

If we keep the run going I think he will still be here next year.

more chance that benthefoxface's point's forecast of 46 will happen!

I'm sorry but I think my forecast is based on sound logic.

We play Swansea next and I've just watched the highlights of a game where we thrashed them, it was a long time ago too so we've gained more experience since then.

Then Burnley - We finished above them last season and that was a long time ago so we have gained loads of experience since then.

Looking at the Chelsea fixture, they beat us 2-0 in the second week. Since then we have scored loads of goals so should easily beat them.

Newcastle are basically in Scotland and we all know that the Scottish league is like League 2 so we should put 15 goals past them. Same with Sunderland.

Southampton were one of the teams that people were talking of possible relegation last summer. They were talking about our great promotion. Promotion is better than relegation therefore we should thrash them.

QPR have lost 'arry and we all know that he does good business deals outside his car but he's gone and so they've had no good business deals. Therefore we will win.

47 points

If we stay up, it's Michael Laudrup for me. Prem experience and a touch of class to boot. He can also spot the odd player too. I also don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that he would come.....

If we go down, I would keep Nige on, he has proven himself at that level

Would be absolutely staggered if we could get Eddie Howe. He'll probably take Bournemouth up and stay there; failing that he'll go to someone like West Ham.

We'd be more likely to get Mark Warburton (who I suspect has been lined up by QPR and/or Fulham already) or Neil Lennon.

Lenny started well at Bolton but has tailed off, just 3 wins in last 13 there.

Are people seriously thinking we could get Klopp here? lol  Christ.

Depending on vacancies/clubs making a move he could have his pick of Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenhama and Liverpool. Literally any other club in the Premier League (there's 19 of them in a better position than us) and a mountain of clubs abroad as well.

Pearson takes us to the highest position we've finished in more than a decade. He stays and we go from strength to strength as we replace weak links like DeLaet/Simpson.

Would be absolutely staggered if we could get Eddie Howe. He'll probably take Bournemouth up and stay there; failing that he'll go to someone like West Ham.

We'd be more likely to get Mark Warburton (who I suspect has been lined up by QPR and/or Fulham already) or Neil Lennon.

Lenny started well at Bolton but has tailed off, just 3 wins in last 13 there.

Yeah I think that two, I won't be surprised if he's the guy that will replace Big Sam at West Ham. When he leaves at some point.

With all due respect I think it would be a backward step if he came here.

Are people seriously thinking we could get Klopp here? lol  Christ.

Depending on vacancies/clubs making a move he could have his pick of Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenhama and Liverpool. Literally any other club in the Premier League (there's 19 of them in a better position than us) and a mountain of clubs abroad as well.

Two people have mentioned Klopp as far as I can see, and I was joking having just heard the news and DANGEROUS TIGER does nothing but talk shit

Martin O'Neill said this afternoon in Dublin that he'd "reconsider his position" if the Irish Euro 2016 qualification turns sour.  By this he's really talking about the Scotland game, in June, and if Ireland lose that there's little chance of them progressing. Apparently no discussions have taken place with the FAI re his future.   He also says he watches a huge amount of live football, saying "I don't think there is a player in the Championship that I don't know".

So stick 13th June in your diary for his post-match interview!

Many irrational views on here. Many insist that, should we stay up, we need a manager with prem experience. That immediately takes out almost all of the names put forward - all foreigners as yet untried in this league, and Britishers Lenny, Howe, Warburton etc.

Who does it leave? Laudrup (not much experience here and a risk), Big Sam (who would want to watch his style?), and .... Nigel Pearson.

It's a no brainer. NP, apart from having prem experience, will have learnt hugely from this season. The squad are his, he will know exactly what needs strengthening, he will be better placed in the transfer market, he enjoys the confidence of the owners and shares their vision for the club. And there is continuity, so important, and lauded by many on here when they refer to Swansea's model (which we are close to following by now).

Many irrational views on here. Many insist that, should we stay up, we need a manager with prem experience. That immediately takes out almost all of the names put forward - all foreigners as yet untried in this league, and Britishers Lenny, Howe, Warburton etc.

Who does it leave? Laudrup (not much experience here and a risk), Big Sam (who would want to watch his style?), and .... Nigel Pearson.

It's a no brainer. NP, apart from having prem experience, will have learnt hugely from this season. The squad are his, he will know exactly what needs strengthening, he will be better placed in the transfer market, he enjoys the confidence of the owners and shares their vision for the club. And there is continuity, so important, and lauded by many on here when they refer to Swansea's model (which we are close to following by now).

No offence mate but let's see finally whether Nigel has 'learnt' this season.

It looks like he is doing but we now actually have a great chance to finish the job. The next few matches are huge for City, the fans and also for Pearson.

I'm making no assertions of 'learning' until we finally see whether he has.

Fingers crossed.

It's of no surprise that all those posters who were suggesting 'we'd be better off anyway in the Championship' have now gone very quiet.

Shuuuuuuuush.....ahhhhh

lol

I really wish I could believe this.

Against WBA he still played the first 45mins with a 442/4411 and with Vardy on the wing. That really doesn’t suggest to me that he has learnt a thing.

Archived