Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxychik

Gary Coatsworth Kevin Ellison Junior Lewis ....

Having to play our play off semi final game against Portsmouth at florists ground, chanting for Joachim to come on who did and scored to win the tie - only to lose to Swindon in the final by a whisker

Bloody hell, yeah. I was there and I'd forgotten all about that! 

My wife must have said to me 1000 times why do you even bother - they are never going to achieve anything. Why dont you just switch teams. All the disappointment over the years. Then the game on saturday, the hope, the proof anything is possible, the rewards of unity and team spirit and i could see that for a brief moment she understood what is was all about - the emotion, the connection. Icing on the cake for me!

The 1977/78 season under Frank McLintock when we were lucky to finish bottom.  The entire season had not one single redeeming feature

Maybe just one redeeming feature. The birth of a Leicester legend on January 11th. Guess who.

Can't compete with some, but my earliest heartbreak memory was being at the last home game of Jimmy Bloomfield's tenure and hearing "Bloomfield out". My dad was disgusted and told me it was a disgrace. To then witness the miserable mclintock tenure was heart wrenching.

The Peter Taylor years, especially for me personally, the Fulham home fixture in the Premier League when we looked utterly clueless and I knew we were doomed and the glorious Oneill era was well and truly over.

In my weaker moments, I still have a 47 year shaped pessimism. I fear we will hardly win another game and that Shakespeare and Walsh will disappear off to Derby with Pearson.

I've just decided to enjoy every moment and try to push the negative thoughts to the back of my mind.

I am old enough to remember 1963  2 points clear  5 matches to go and a Cup Final win for the double lost 4 out of 5  and lost  3-1  to Man United  which was a shock result  we were the big boys then not little Leicester

Jason Jarrett. Even the thought of him breaks me out in a cold sweat. Dark dark days.

We really had some utter dross back then.

I was debating the other day with someone, who was worse Mohamed Sylla or Josh Low.

Remember rushing home from work and taking my no 2 son, 13 years old, to the Sheffield Wednesday midweek cup game in the early 90's.

Lost 7-1. One of our worst performances in my almost 1000 games.

We lost 7-1 twice that season. I hope you weren't at the other game as well.

I'll go for Emile Heskey.

You got it.

I have only one memory from that season. At the Wolves home game there was trouble where I was standing, in pen 4. One copper, for reasons I can't recall, was upsetting a lot of the City fans, and a whole group were chanting:

'142, we're after you! 142, we're after you!'      (that was the number on his uniform)

Isn't it weird what stays in your mind?    

went to 4 away games one season in my teens lost all 4 , conceeding 17 goals and only scoring 3 or 4 cannot remember the correct scores in the everton and tottenham games , remember we had a striker called Mitch D'avery playing for us in the spurs game , he was woeful 

the games were

qpr away in the cup lost 5-2 on the dreaded plastic pitch

spurs lost 5-0 

everton lost 5-1

forest lost 2-1

gave up away games for a while after that . 

Archived