Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Dubstep

James, which of these to go for

http://www.emusic.co...t-mu/11710048/:

I own 10 Tons Heavy and 200 and both are quality. Would probably go for 10 Tons Heavy as it's cheaper so if you hate it you won't have wasted too many credits.

Look out for artists putting stuff out on the label as well, such as Boxcutter, Eero Johannes, Ital Tek, Starkey, Venetian Snares and Vex'd.

• 3 weeks later...

Not wanting to sound like a complete twat but I definitely prefer the old days of dubstep. Anything I hear on Radio 1 nowadays that is meant to be dubstep sounds absolutely shit.

Shit isnt even the word. If Skrillex is classed as Dubstep then my idea of Dubstep is very different to Radio 1s. Not to mention he looks like a **** too.

New Burial ep is due out next month I think anyway, its not all bad.

Fvck me I just Google imaged him. If I was in a club and saw someone looking like that I'd leave.

Can't wait for Burial. Embarrassingly only discovered South London Boroughs a few weeks ago, it's brilliant.

Fvck me I just Google imaged him. If I was in a club and saw someone looking like that I'd leave.

Can't wait for Burial. Embarrassingly only discovered South London Boroughs a few weeks ago, it's brilliant.

Have you heard the 2 tracks he did with Massive Attack? 2 of my favourite releases last year. Kode9s album from last year was pretty nice too

Searched for them the other day and think I downloaded them but then got sidetracked and haven't got round to listening yet. Definitely will though.

Pretty sure I tried Kode9's first album from years ago (when I was trawling through all the Hyperdub stuff) and wasn't convinced so haven't heard last year's one. Again, I'll have a listen. Cheers.

Burial and Synkro are the only 'dubstep' I bother with now. Like most genres they evolve and when one is as popular as dubstep they tend to go mainstream. Lets not forget Britney and Bieber 'went dubstep' last year.

Not wanting to sound like a complete twat but I definitely prefer the old days of dubstep. Anything I hear on Radio 1 nowadays that is meant to be dubstep sounds absolutely shit.

Shit isnt even the word. If Skrillex is classed as Dubstep then my idea of Dubstep is very different to Radio 1s. Not to mention he looks like a **** too.

New Burial ep is due out next month I think anyway, its not all bad.

Basically my point right there. lol

I don't think Skrillex has ever claimed to be anything to do with dubstep, if anything it's mainly fidget house. I've been into Skrillex for a while now and a lot of his best stuff isn't particularly dubby at all. His earlier stuff is genuinely innovative.

Plus I'm not happy with the idea that, just because he's recently started getting Radio 1 airplay, that he's some kind of candy-floss, faux-underground, populist, popstep monster.

All that said, I think his take on dubstep is brilliant.

Eg. this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOfficialSkrillex#p/u/42/8aScLKxAVXI

(Sorry, can't get it to inbed)

Archived