Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

PU NK

• 5 months later...

Fucking loving the Street Dogs at the moment. First couple of songs of theirs I wasn't impressed with but I think I just got unlucky. Absolutely cracking stuff from Mike McColgan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EDnH8w90WM

Also got a bit of a thing for Time Again at the moment. Bit weird, they're a Rancid clone (like, seriously, they could actually BE Rancid) on hiatus because one of their founding members has gone off to be a mormon missionary. Nothing about that sounds appealing, but they're pretty easy to listen to.

Finally, got played the whole of Roadrunner United the other day and found a neat little track I'd never heard before by Michale Graves:

Speaking of Street Dogs the lock up stage has just been announced for Reading, oh my god. Wasn't thinking of going at all but The Descendents, The Bronx, Hot Water Music, Sharks, Street Dogs, Teenage Bottlerocket and Flogging Molly tells me I might have to think about it.

saw these the other night straight out 1980 Hardcore style!!

Fucking great riff, makes me want to find my bass.

Speaking of Street Dogs the lock up stage has just been announced for Reading, oh my god. Wasn't thinking of going at all but The Descendents, The Bronx, Hot Water Music, Sharks, Street Dogs, Teenage Bottlerocket and Flogging Molly tells me I might have to think about it.

Genuinely considering Reading again this year. Last went in 05.

Duuuude you missed out Leftover Crack, Bostones and Boysetsfire plus the Offspring and Rise Against on the main stage!

...and Jimmy Eat World :wub:

I was really only mentioning my favourite ones, also not that into Rise Against or Leftover crack :ph34r:

Amazing though, it's gone from a terrible line up to the best around. Might just be worth putting up with the ****** that go to Reading these days.

Yeah the increasing amount of dickheads is what started to put us off, although that coincided with it becoming massively indie/NME-ified. Maybe that's toned down a bit lately, I don't know.

Ps, Leftover Crack rule!

Hmm, they have a great name, i'll say that much.

Also Bosstones were the first band i ever saw live and they blew my tiny little mind so that would be fun to experience again. Although i've not listened to their records for years.

They're shit in my opinion, haha, but a good live show.

Molly are phenomenal live, Dave King is such an eejit. lol

PS:

Stza is a massively underrated poet in my opinion - and I say that completely straight faced.

:wub:

Rock the 40oz is one of my favourite punk songs of all time. There's definitely a bit of a ska element to some of their songs but they're prone to more hardcore than Choking Victim.

Starfucking Hipsters are his most recent project, worth a listen.

Saw STZA demolishing some Maryland-esque Chicken outside Sumo when they played it a couple of years ago. For once, someone was dirtier than the food they were eating.

Hahaha, he's a fucking hero.

Absolutely gutted we missed out on the opportunity to support them at the SHED a few years back.

Yeah the increasing amount of dickheads is what started to put us off, although that coincided with it becoming massively indie/NME-ified. Maybe that's toned down a bit lately, I don't know.

Ps, Leftover Crack rule!

I always preferred this version of Gang Control.

I haven't listened to Leftover Crack in a bloody time time! Remember loving it when the played the Shed a few times years ago. I've never checked out sfa though.

What was your band called you were going to support loc with?

I tried not to ruin it! I steered clear of The Offspring, Sum 41, The Vandals and the like i said i was into pop punk and listened to a few of old punk records, i made no bones about that. My first gig was Less Than Jake, The Ataris, The Vandals and [spunge] at Extreme Festival in 2000 followed a week later at an over 14s New Found Glory/Finch/The Starting Line gig. I was more into Ska-Pop than anything tbh.

lol I was at that Xtreme Fest. Still have the t-shirt somewhere, haha. Whats his face from the Vandals climbing around the stage and sitting there for LTJ's set was amusing.

I can't believe in the (nearly) 2 years I've been here I've never seen this thread! This Xtreme fest was the forst big gig/festival I went to, bout 6-7 made the trip up and had a chuffing wicked time. My first encouter of piss being thrown about, also missed the last train back and had to ring my nan from a payphone and ask her to go round my parents and send them to pick us up! Oh, memories.

On Track...

The Filaments were the first punk band I got into at about 15-16, saw them down The Charlotte. Me and 3 of mates who grew up listening to them got a tattoo 2 years ago combined of their 'Skull & Trombones' and The Exploiteds mohawk skull to celebrate our youth and friendship.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived