Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Is This The Worst Referee Decision Ever?

One of the worst ones I can remember (and really really aggravated me at the time) was Lampard's goal in the World Cup against Germany. South Africa I believe?

The ball was so far over the line it could have been the size of a beach ball and still been a goal.

The pub I was in went bonkers.

Not that we would have won that game. We were shite..

Mike Reed Leicester 5th round FA cup replay vs Chelsea 1997 give a penalty for a blatant dive in the dying minutes,

All the top teams had been knocked out of the FA cup by this point and i honestly believe if we won this game we would have at least made the final, it was disgusting!

The commentator doesn't think it's the worst decision *ever*, he says it's the worst decision of the decade.

I think it's up there with booking the wrong Arsenal player, allowing Roy Carroll to scoop the ball back from in the goal and the Watford ghost goal.

Mike Reed Leicester 5th round FA cup replay vs Chelsea 1997 give a penalty for a blatant dive in the dying minutes,

All the top teams had been knocked out of the FA cup by this point and i honestly believe if we won this game we would have at least made the final, it was disgusting!

I've never been as gutted as I was that night. And until you mentioned it (and I checked) I didn't realise how many crap teams made the Quarter Finals that year. For the record, the line up was:

Chesterfield beat Wrexham

Portsmouth lost to Chelsea

Sheffield Weds lost to Wimbledon

Derby lost to Middlesbrough

Semis:

Chelsea beat Wimbledon

Middlesbrough beat Chesterfield (replay)

As you say, if we'd gone through that night, we'd never have a better chance...

Archived