Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Dead Wood

I'm wondering if the instructions are to clean the decks before MM comes in and adds to the squad?

Get rid of say 3/4 add 4/5 Just wondering.... :ph34r:

LOW

SYLLA

RAB or HENDO - more likely, worth more, still only 30ish.

ELVIS or JOHHHNO - probably not. Out of contract at the end of the season anyway.

MAYBES or NILS - either of these are as likely as the other. Maybury almost went in August... Nils is out of contract in June anyway.

you never know........

;)

I really can't see Andy Johnso leaving, altough i hope he does. But his contract is about to run out at the end of the season. And hopefully he will fight to keep it

I'm wondering if the instructions are to clean the decks before MM comes in and adds to the squad?

Get rid of say 3/4 add 4/5 Just wondering.... :ph34r:

LOW

SYLLA

RAB or HENDO

ELVIS or JOHHHNO

MAYBES or NILS

you never know........

Wouldn't be surprised if that sums it up. I just wonder who's decided it had to be done, and who it should be done to.

For £1? Pro Memoria.

I'll be generous and make the club an offer they can't refuse.

That's right... a fiver. ;)

I really can't see Andy Johnso leaving, altough i hope he does. But his contract is about to run out at the end of the season. And hopefully he will fight to keep it

Go away.

I shall not be pleased if he manages to secure another contract. He should leave. Soon. Never to return.

Wouldn't be surprised if that sums it up. I just wonder who's decided it had to be done, and who it should be done to.

You're making them sound like contract killings - 'who it should be done to' lol

I'll be generous and make the club an offer they can't refuse.

That's right... a fiver. ;)

Go away.

I shall not be pleased if he manages to secure another contract. He should leave. Soon. Never to return.

You're making them sound like contract killings - 'who it should be done to' lol

I don't think he should earn another contract to. As i don't think he is good enough for Leicester. But will it hurt if the lad is fighting for a new contract and is giving his all.

It's the aftermath i'm more concerned about, is this a clear out for more or a cost cutting excercise!!

on midlands today they said kelly wants players but has no cash so it looks like a cost cutting exercise at present. still nothing about MM.

on midlands today they said kelly wants players but has no cash so it looks like a cost cutting exercise at present. still nothing about MM.

Who said that ithuriel?

I ask because I get the distinct impression this is the preliminary cull. I'm sure I read somewhere that once it was known the takeover will definitely happen MM would be able to start manipulating certain things from the background.

The departure of surplus players would fit that scenario but would not necessarily make sense if there was no money and no new players on the horizon.

Would Kelly rely on Hughes as his only choice on the right wing given his pronounced reluctance to involve Gradel?. I can't see it.

There's another quote somewhere about the players remarking in a night spot that they were concerned for their future. That suggests people had been freed up to negotiate potential moves - as has clearly been the case. How many players I don't know but they probably will by now.

I'd simply find it hard to believe that MM has had no say in this.

Who said that ithuriel?

I ask because I get the distinct impression this is the preliminary cull. I'm sure I read somewhere that once it was known the takeover will definitely happen MM would be able to start manipulating certain things from the background.

The departure of surplus players would fit that scenario but would not necessarily make sense if there was no money and no new players on the horizon.

Would Kelly rely on Hughes as his only choice on the right wing given his pronounced reluctance to involve Gradel?. I can't see it.

There's another quote somewhere about the players remarking in a night spot that they were concerned for their future. That suggests people had been freed up to negotiate potential moves - as has clearly been the case. How many players I don't know but they probably will by now.

If anything we needed to shake up the team. Too many comfortable players lying around. And this prob explains the improvement in most players performances recently. And yes, MM must be exerting some influence. But I really wish he just gets the whole takeover sorted. I'm sick of it and see no point in prolongation.

What i dont agree is the getting in experienced players in. I feel in a young squad like we have, we shouldnt get in players older than 23 with considerable talent. We should get better coaches or integrate the oldies already in the team into the coaching setup. They re the ones with experience supposedly. That includes Rab and AJ

If anything we needed to shake up the team. Too many comfortable players lying around. And this prob explains the improvement in most players performances recently. And yes, MM must be exerting some influence. But I really wish he just gets the whole takeover sorted. I'm sick of it and see no point in prolongation.

What i dont agree is the getting in experienced players in. I feel in a young squad like we have, we shouldnt get in players older than 23 with considerable talent. We should get better coaches or integrate the oldies already in the team into the coaching setup. They re the ones with experience supposedly. That includes Rab and AJ

The signings of older players in years past have been panic buys to fill gaps. We should be in a position to add better quality old gits soon. Players like Andy Cole, Lee Hendrie are what we need. Not old sods who want one last pay day and dont care if they rot in the reserves or not (like Kevin Campbell is doing on the WBA bench!!)

The signings of older players in years past have been panic buys to fill gaps. We should be in a position to add better quality old gits soon. Players like Andy Cole, Lee Hendrie are what we need. Not old sods who want one last pay day and dont care if they rot in the reserves or not (like Kevin Campbell is doing on the WBA bench!!)

I hope so because if you get players of quality around the place - and Cole is such a man - then it inspires and lifts everyone.

Get a few of em for long enough and the younger players soon take quality as being "standard" and start to copy.

Before long, with good coaching back-up, you have top players coming through one after another.

Get rid of Maybury (depending on the situation with Stearman), Johnson and Rab, and I would be happy with our selling streak. With the exception of Maybury (sometimes) the rest of the players who have left/I'd like to see leave are useless. It'd probably be a better thing for us if they were not involved with the club anymore.

Ideally get rid of Maybury who we would actually get some money for but if Stearman goes too thats gonna leave us with Kenton and others playing out of position at right back. (Until we buy someone better)

Johnson has to go as we just dont need him.

Douglas can go too but with Henderson rumoured to be going we'd better sign another keeper.

Let O'Grady go and push Dodds up a notch in the pecking order.

Hammonds days are numbered but however rubbish he is, he can still cause problems for the opposition so keep him until we get another striker in.

Who said that ithuriel?

it was stated by the sports presenter after going on about derby's two new signings :mellow:

at the moment everything appears very quiet in regards to facts apart from that we have no cash.

Archived