Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

fox_up_north

Member
  • Posts

    4,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fox_up_north

  1. I'm in a tricky position. I have solar panels on my current house and my DD is down to £55 pcm. But I'm buying a new place and moving probably October. I'll have around £400 credit and don't know whether to just stick with that through winter, stay with Octopus and ride it out or try and lock in for a year?
  2. No, it's the fans who are wrong
  3. I do parkrun Heaton Park sometimes. I can't even imagine that will go ahead during the Oasis gigs. I remember my early stint as a music journo coincided with the very tail end of their first run. They put out a best of album around 2008/09 and it's amazing how little people under the age of 22 cared. There was one lad at uni who loved all that Britpop stuff, even had the haircut and everyone just thought he was weird. I saw Blur about a decade ago for their reunion in Barcelona and it was a fantastic set but the crowd was definitely older. As others have pointed out, this won't be full of Oasis fans but rather idiots just trying to be there. I think I'll stick to gigs where you can stage dive and elbow people in the face. You don't tend to get people with phones out at those.
  4. Gutted but a life well lived and seeing what he did with the time he knew he had, defo made the most of it. Forever a hero in England.
  5. This one is genuinely baffling. Ayew had Saudi league written all over him and yet here we are. I had a look at his total stats in the Prem and they're not absolutely horrific but it averages out to 6.5 goals per season and around 4 assists. On paper, it's not the worst we could do but it's such an unnecessary transfer and poor value for money.
  6. Excellent. Now get rid of the rest. Read he was on £100k a year just for MOTD. Obscene. Just show highlights of the fuching games and let me work out my own analysis.
  7. So, that does give options to immediately recycle the ball backwards? I'm no fan of constant Brendan sideways passing but if it opens up space, I don't mind having Faes/ Vesty collect it if 1-2 other players are making forward runs.
  8. There's a race that's 8 hours and see how many 5k loops you can do in that time. I figure keeping it steady 30 mins each for the first few hours, then allowing for fatigue it drops down to 36, I could probably do about 16. Really, I don't need to do it now as I know how much I'd achieve and I trust my own judgement.
  9. Is it fair to assume the press comes from the direction Ndidi faces, most of the time? If so, a safe back pass to a defender, then to a Ricardo/ Justin/ Kristiansen to stretch play and provide breathing room? In my head, I'm trying to just create safe spaces to move oppo players around and allow some channels for off ball movement.
  10. Is it possible that- personnel permitting - Ndidi can be used as a lure to draw players in. Spurs were pressing him more than others. If (big if) there are 1-2 players around he can release to, early, could that be a way to mitigate it?
  11. Amazing result. Feels like a win.
  12. Looks like Fatawu clashed heads but he looked pretty limp
  13. I reckon 8 points. They'll want to show other clubs "don't even think about trying to compete"
  14. It should be noted that Wrexham were basically cherry picked. The TV show (of which I've seen a few episodes but it's very sanitised) was part of the deal. Whoever Rob/ Ryan picked to buy would have received the rocket boost, as the whole thing was geared around commercialisation. They are very much an outlier and it's important not to compare to them. The "business" is the commercial aspect and getting the big sponsors because they will instantly be on Disney. The club could be any team of any sport.
  15. Runners I know swear by Garmin. Seems everyone has abandoned fitbit, at this point.
  16. One broken elbow and repeated trapped nerves in shoulders mean I have to be selective in my shoulder exercises. On a very good day I can do a few sets of bent over row but maxing out around 50kg. Just one of those things
  17. Same for deadlifts as well. Today I did 2 sets of 3 pull ups then 2 sets of 5 chin ups with neutral grip, just to give it all a rest.
  18. Been working on pull ups and chin ups, to really build shoulders of late. They're an absolute ballache. My best, thus far, has been 3 sets of 4 pull ups. Right at the start of a session. My aim is to get to 3 sets of about 6.
  19. My English teacher flunked me in junior high. Thanks a lot; next semester, I'll be 35.
  20. Ahahahaha of course
  21. Slimier than a slug that's been through a gunge tank at Noel Edmund's house
  22. He stayed at Forest. He'll stay here until he's given the boot and a nice payoff. He gets to commute home every day and he comes out looking good anyway. The wider footballing world will see him as the valiant but unfortunate manager of little old Leicester.
  23. Talk of this being the worst season is hyperbole. I live in the north west and have seen Macclesfield and Bury physically close, as well as the absolute catastrophe that is Oldham's ownership. That said, I do feel that this will be our last season of top flight football for a while and it will not be a pretty one. Coupled with the club management taking a real left turn over the last few years and it really turns me off. The price rises, the sponsorship, the lack of fan engagement - feels like we've turned the corner into Everton territory.
  24. Just seen her on the news. What a G. Puts footballers to shame. Every single Ronaldo wannabe should be made to watch her marathon on repeat until they grow up.
×
×
  • Create New...