Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

fox_up_north

Member
  • Posts

    4,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fox_up_north

  1. Last night while checking the score and the 1-0 I thought "of course". I wasn't gutted or angry. Just sort of "yeah, ok I can see that"
  2. There was a lad in my gym the other day, about 18/19 maybe. Don't get me wrong, he's fit for his age and clearly on the way to being a well built lad but the noises he was making when lifting had a fair few people rolling their eyes. I can imagine the same noises coming from those people that "accidentally" fall on a traffic cone.
  3. I remember when Pearson told the story of Ferguson giving him a ring with some advice. He listened and took it onboard. I have to wonder if Pep has offered his tuppence worth and whether Enzo has listened. Effectively, Enzo is still early in his new career role. He should be listening and learning. In education, we always teach self reflection and trying new methods. When you want people to achieve something and your current way isn't working, you change it.
  4. I met a doctor who didn't really believe in covid. Mind boggles. Thankfully he was semi retired.
  5. Have to agree. Most fans know that any club outside of the rich ones is always swimming against the tide. Nature of the beast, sadly. If the club just said "despite winning the league and getting to European knockouts, it's still a tough game so be aware we have to take the rough with the smooth". I think most would be happy with that. For every 1 season in Europe, you spend 2 out of it - that's far better than most of us have experienced and still better than the 90 or so other football league clubs.
  6. We stopped being liked the minute we sacked Ranieri. From the outside, we were ungrateful for sacking him because he won the title. Then people liked us again because we beat Chelsea for the cup. But then they stopped liking us for sacking King Brendan Who Could Do No Wrong. Apparently, he would have kept us up. Then there are just salty fans who think we shouldn't exist as a club because of 2002 and we're responsible for FFP.
  7. What Ipswich have done is absolutely insane. Even if they finish in the play offs, they should win all the awards.
  8. Not sure how I feel about relegation play offs, which seems unfair if we habe promotion play offs. But my view is if you're crap all season, you don't really deserve the chance for one game to stay up.
  9. I'm getting a lot of Peter Principle vibes from posts here. The idea being that people get promoted above their ability and eventually that incompetence filters down.
  10. Midlands Super League, is what I'm getting from this
  11. Kind of don't want us to go up now, really. No point. Let some other club get used as a punchbag. Yes, the owners have badly managed it but the rules are to prevent clubs like us doing well. Might as well call them the Know Your Place rules. If you take out us and Blackburn, only 5 clubs have won the league since 1992. In the 30 odd years prior to that it was about 9. The league is still "competitive" but by virtue of several clubs being bankrolled by billionaires, who get to stretch the rules for their mates.
  12. Off the support on here, I decided to do my longest run in almost a year - 8 miles. Of course, to challenge myself, I decided to do it uphill. So I "ran" (12.30 avg per mile) 4 miles uphill, on Snake Pass in the Peak and then 4 miles (9.20 avg) back down. Lots of wind and rain and blisters but still did all 8 miles in less than 90 minutes so I'm pretty happy with that. Knees and legs felt fine, too.
  13. At the start of the season I thought we MIGHT make play offs. Thought Leeds and Southampton would go back up, as they had things in place prior to their drops. When we were flying high I was pleasantly surprised but would have still snapped your hand off for second. It doesn't matter if it's a last minute QPR-esque counter in a playoff final or scraping second - just get up.
  14. Sometimes I like to do my parkrun on Sundays. I always win.
  15. Bunching is an absolute PITA. I'm not a "good" runner but I'm regularly in the top third of different runs. My local course starts with a wide path but then goes to a very narrow one, up some very uneven surface. You can get people who overestimate their ability and end up jogging to start, where I've done a warm up run and am ready to go. I'd also ask them to reconsider allowing runners with dogs and prams. Even if they just let them go first or last.
  16. If we go on to miss out on promotion, we really will be a laughing stock. I'm not quite sure who gets the blame but a manager's key requirements are motivating and ensuring consistent standards/ KPIs are met. Enzos KPIs are good, consistent results (injuries and context allowing) on the pitch and promotion. Not every player has to be 10/10 but him and his staff need to have principles and methods drilled into the squad that ensure consistency throughout the season. Sometimes you need to change your approach. I often meet with my own team to see where things are flagging and we change our approach, if needed.
  17. I'll aim to squeeze in a couple over the next few weeks. I did 4.5 miles in 50 mins on treadmill last night without really tiring, just as a kind of ease back into it. Mostly been 5ks of late.
  18. I'm considering signing up for a half in May. I've done one before but thinking I've left it too late to get in race shape. Personal stuff and bereavement have got in the way last few months. Thoughts?
  19. Well if we can't afford the £100 billion to fund it, maybe spend £50 billion now to at least do SOMETHING. Or you know...take the £100 billion from HS2. If it's a choice between a train and clean water, it's an easy choice.
  20. Absolute disgrace and Thames Water shareholders want to raise prices
  21. I wonder if that's how we readdress some of the financial imbalance. Any top 6 team pays a 20% levy on all purchases/ sales to other Prem teams.
  22. I will be gutted to see KDH go so early into his career with us. I'd have liked a couple more seasons out of him.
  23. I mean, if he's suddenly become half the player we hoped then sure
  24. A friend works in law, specifically for some big (ish) companies and failure of product is factored in. His is mostly white goods but a lot of the time they do cursory checks of a customer before paying out. They don't bother to fight it because there's an element of "they can't all be good".
  25. Christ. Whoever chartered that ship must be bricking the inevitable litigation coming their way.
×
×
  • Create New...