-
Posts
18,930 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by RowlattsFox
-
In theory, I'm all for more options at GCSE level that could inspire better career choices, raise aspirations at an earlier age and encourage engagement in education but who is going to teach it? I suppose the Maths teacher can give it a go. A generic construction would be handy but we all know that will just be used and abused to give the naughty kids something to do. Biggest barrier is reliance on English and Maths grades. Decent level college courses and career apprenticeships require English and Maths so kids spend a couple of years after school doing meaningless level 1 courses alongside functional skills, but they are starting from such a low level there is no real chance of them getting a decent career. Since I've started working with 16-24 I've been astonished by the amount of young people that are at entry level functional skills, and then you have the 'home schooling' growth which is impacting a lot of young people. Why not offer functional skills English and Maths as an alternative to GCSE from 14? Give lesser academic young people a chance to get a qualification rather than waiting until they've failed.
-
I think we will see 3 or 4 loan signings from championship clubs who haven't started the season in the first team come the end of August. Not sure if Cullen is worth going for now, or waiting to see what we can pick up.
-
Hopefully we sign a more natural striker too. So we have options, and maybe have Otchere as 4th option. People need to accept we are never going to see a new link and be happy with it, otherwise they wouldn't be joining us. Ifs and buts, but if we sign him from a league 1 team we are probably thinking differently. I want as many of the youngsters to be involved as possible, but we can't just have them. We are in desperate need up front.
-
Looks a nice evening for the athletics in Glasgow
-
They've both earnt a go for the the first few weeks of the season. If it's disastrous then we can try and sign someone last minute. If possible.
-
In its own right, its generally a good competition and I usually enjoy watching a bit of it. Swimming cycling, athletics etc, probably only time i give these sports a watch. Obviously not the highest standards due to some big countries not there but quite likes the British nations going against each other. But I don't have TNT, I could watch through the fire stick but don't care enough to search it out, it's a shame 5 aren't showing any live action from what I've seen. Problem with this and the Olympics us how much talking in the studio they do, rather than showing the action.
-
Leicestershire County Cricket Club
RowlattsFox replied to Sods's topic in General Football and Sport
The reactionary posts in this thread are worse than a football match. -
Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)
RowlattsFox replied to leicsmac's topic in General Football and Sport
Feel sorry for Root really because I don't think he has much choice. -
I'm interested to see how this goes for Daka. Despite all the evidence suggesting otherwise, I still think there is a chance he will go somewhere else and score goals
-
Do they allow general sale tickets for home matches now or are you going to have to have a membership? No point me buying memberships but I do like to see if I can get to a game on the odd occasion I'm back in Leicester, but they have made that impossible the last few years.
-
Want to see a bit more from Alves, link up play OK but want to see him go at a full back more.
-
Skipp has had a really good 20 minutes
-
Skipp and Braybrooke started really well. Thought there was push but now seeing the replay its a really nice header.
-
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
RowlattsFox replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
Careful what you wish for -
Half watched whilst cooking and thought the young lads have done OK. No idea if this is a 'strong' cadiz team, and to be honest, I don't even know what league they are in. They have looked more likely to score and we've been pretty poor going forward on the ball although a couple of times the press has worked well. Hope Chaplin isn't going to be down the middle too often. Good to see Souttar and Chaplin sticking up for the young lads though after a typical Spanish overreaction
-
I'll be disappointed to see him go and flourish elsewhere, but as with almost everyone in our squad, it's hard to give a shit. I think he'll have a decent career, but I do think there is something missing to stop going to the higher ends.
-
Wout Faes signs for Leicester - Official
RowlattsFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Doesn't matter what level he plays at, there will always be mistakes because of the way he defends. Perhaps even more so at this level because he will think he's too good and doesn't have to defend properly. -
Any chance we can just not hear from a prime minister every day, and let him get on the job. Feels like they are always defending themselves or someone else. They are not celebrities. I'm politically flexible, so no loyal labour follower, but I would have more respect for someone who just did what they believes in, and stuck by it. Even if it was shit, yes you need to be challenged but feels like nothing ever gets done.
-
World Cup Final - Spain Vs. Argentina - Sunday 19th July
RowlattsFox replied to Zear0's topic in General Football and Sport
That's cut the first bit off, Rodri responded to that Argentina player slapping someone has they ran past celebrating. -
World Cup Final - Spain Vs. Argentina - Sunday 19th July
RowlattsFox replied to Zear0's topic in General Football and Sport
Lots of teams had some great attacking players but it's not surprise to see the team with the best midfield win the tournament. Midfield controls games and that's why Spain generally do well. -
World Cup Final - Spain Vs. Argentina - Sunday 19th July
RowlattsFox replied to Zear0's topic in General Football and Sport
Funny thing is it not just being an English being bitter thing. Seems to a worldwide hatred It's a shame Messi has probably finished as being part of this team and whilst he's no angel at times, he's nothing compared to his teammates. Deserves a better team, at least one that tries to attack. -
World Cup Final - Spain Vs. Argentina - Sunday 19th July
RowlattsFox replied to Zear0's topic in General Football and Sport
More to come with Spain as well, considering the ages. Not enough said about the youngster at the back. Class. -
World Cup Final - Spain Vs. Argentina - Sunday 19th July
RowlattsFox replied to Zear0's topic in General Football and Sport
First World cup winner with braces? -
World Cup Final - Spain Vs. Argentina - Sunday 19th July
RowlattsFox replied to Zear0's topic in General Football and Sport
Football has kept half of these guys out of prison. -
World Cup Final - Spain Vs. Argentina - Sunday 19th July
RowlattsFox replied to Zear0's topic in General Football and Sport
Still trying to make it about them Taking away the anti Argentina stuff, the right team won.
