Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Christoph

Witcher 3

oh GWENT lol. i got hired to find

the barons wife and kid

and we just sat in his room playing cards for about an hour...i wanted his unique!! later that session, i met a merchant with a market stall, he beat me like 10 times in a row so i used Aard and knocked all his shit over lol

Had a proper blast on this last night. Great game. My original concerns with the controls went away once i turned the sensitivity down a touch. Still find the menus text to be rather small which is my only gripe but i can accept it when there is so much to do in the game.

One word of advice. Dont rush through the story as sidequests become unavailable when you progress

Had a proper blast on this last night. Great game. My original concerns with the controls went away once i turned the sensitivity down a touch. Still find the menus text to be rather small which is my only gripe but i can accept it when there is so much to do in the game.

One word of advice. Dont rush through the story as sidequests become unavailable when you progress

I think I may have been guilty of this and I've ended up stuck on a main mission ("Wandering In The Dark") where I can't get past a particular enemy and I have no potions or anything. May backtrack a little, but the last available save was meeting the Baron (which is a few hours ago). What to do? Oh well, no time to play over the weekend so will pick it up again next week!

I think I may have been guilty of this and I've ended up stuck on a main mission ("Wandering In The Dark") where I can't get past a particular enemy and I have no potions or anything. May backtrack a little, but the last available save was meeting the Baron (which is a few hours ago). What to do? Oh well, no time to play over the weekend so will pick it up again next week!

Ive only just beat the Griffin and saved it after having a shave and about to choose some clothes. I will now make sure i do all side quests before continuing main story as i died couple of times against Griffin. Looks like its going to get quite tough later on in the game but im really enjoying it.

Blocking and dodging is a massive part of this game. I think building up your defence attributes is really important. A lot of games you just upgrade weapons and smash your way through it but i think this will be much more strategic. Loving it so far

oh GWENT lol. i got hired to find

the barons wife and kid

and we just sat in his room playing cards for about an hour...i wanted his unique!! later that session, i met a merchant with a market stall, he beat me like 10 times in a row so i used Aard and knocked all his shit over lol

lol I love the petulance!

Ive only just beat the Griffin and saved it after having a shave and about to choose some clothes. I will now make sure i do all side quests before continuing main story as i died couple of times against Griffin. Looks like its going to get quite tough later on in the game but im really enjoying it.

Blocking and dodging is a massive part of this game. I think building up your defence attributes is really important. A lot of games you just upgrade weapons and smash your way through it but i think this will be much more strategic. Loving it so far

Could we also keep the spoilers out for the next few weeks? Or cover it up like Beliall. It doesn't bother me, as I'm at the same point as you guys but some people will come in here looking for help/ starting out etc. and I wouldn't want to ruin anything. Especially since the story takes at least 60 hours to do, so nobody should be done for a while!  lol

Could we also keep the spoilers out for the next few weeks? Or cover it up like Beliall. It doesn't bother me, as I'm at the same point as you guys but some people will come in here looking for help/ starting out etc. and I wouldn't want to ruin anything. Especially since the story takes at least 60 hours to do, so nobody should be done for a while!  lol

Its hardly a spoiler mentioning the griffin. Its a game about slaying monsters ffs lol

And Stripey Fox didnt specify which monster he was having trouble with.

Having read up some more about the game, I'm considering a re start when I get a chance to play again. I feel like I may have missed out on stuff, and consequently I am now poorly equipped (or at least not as well prepared as I should be).

And I don't think anything I've put so far could be regarded as a "Spoiler" but I'll take care to be even more vague from now on.

Having read up some more about the game, I'm considering a re start when I get a chance to play again. I feel like I may have missed out on stuff, and consequently I am now poorly equipped (or at least not as well prepared as I should be).

And I don't think anything I've put so far could be regarded as a "Spoiler" but I'll take care to be even more vague from now on.

You ruined the whole game for me :P

Its hardly a spoiler mentioning the griffin. Its a game about slaying monsters ffs lol

And Stripey Fox didnt specify which monster he was having trouble with.

I just meant in General. Stripey said about the Baron, which is a spoiler of some description. Even then I could be pedantic and pick on the fact you said 'The' Griffin rather than 'a'. Like I said, I knew what the objective of the prologue was at the very start and I've reached the point of the Baron but others might not have.

Glad to see that my decision to help minimise the risk of spoilers for others (who are silly enough to look on opened-ended forums) resulted in you taking it personally  :thumbup:

Yeah, I just spent as long as possible in the prologue, completing everything and will stretch out the first chapter as much as possible. I read that it should give you good forewarning about closing off any potential side-quests but not totally sure.

I just meant in General. Stripey said about the Baron, which is a spoiler of some description. Even then I could be pedantic and pick on the fact you said 'The' Griffin rather than 'a'. Like I said, I knew what the objective of the prologue was at the very start and I've reached the point of the Baron but others might not have.

Glad to see that my decision to help minimise the risk of spoilers for others (who are silly enough to look on opened-ended forums) resulted in you taking it personally  :thumbup:

Im just glad the spoiler police are here to keep order as me and Stripey are major culprits in releasing the biggest details that have completely ruined the whole experience for everyone. Shame on us Stripey. SHAME ON US

Im just glad the spoiler police are here to keep order as me and Stripey are major culprits in releasing the biggest details that have completely ruined the whole experience for everyone. Shame on us Stripey. SHAME ON US

lol  Ok then.  :nigel:

just thought id share this screenshot, i love the lighting in this game

Sorry Beliall, I'm afraid I'll have to report you for leaving the information about your current quest on the screenshot. I'd hate for kingcarr to thing I was picking on him...  :thumbup:

Sorry Beliall, I'm afraid I'll have to report you for leaving the information about your current quest on the screenshot. I'd hate for kingcarr to thing I was picking on him...  :thumbup:

ah shit, sorry about that. im a spoiler nazi too so im not happy i did it

ah shit, sorry about that. im a spoiler nazi too so im not happy i did it

lol  I don't care at all. As somebody said before, it reminds me of Red Dead. So much fun exploring and the amount of times you stop just to look at the view. Can't go 30 seconds without finding something to do!

Have you got a high end PC for it? I've got it on Xbox One and it still looks ridiculous.

How are you generally finding PC controls? Or are most using a controller? I find ws and left right to be odd. Why not wasd for movement? I need right hand for mouse? I know you can respec but seems odd. Movement using ws and mouse for direction seems a bit odd- or do I just need to sort the camera ?

Objectively speaking, this is probably the best game I've ever played. I wouldn't necessarily say its my favourite game (so far) but I can't think of a game with this variety and depth to it. Nothing feels like its there for the sake of it.

lol in no way at any point have i thought you were picking on me. You really are a strange one. Anyway back to the game. Getting a few hours into it now. Really starting to enjoy it. My main hate is the size of the text on the menu screens. I also had it crash on me once has anyone else had an issue?

Going to have a blast on it tonight.