Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Christoph

Witcher 3

If you're getting battered why don't you just tone the difficulty down? Section ems the obvious choice to me.

Yep, I'm on the second lowest difficulty. I'm not a masochist and I haven't got the time to get killed over and over. Still enjoying it though!

due to the difficulty I'm playing on health doesn't regenerate and I'm getting absolutely pared in any battles due to lack of health/food items, any ideas? where is the best trader to visit, can't find any decent ones?

You need to unlock the sun and stars perk which is a white perk. It regenerates your health in sunlight. If your on a harder difficulty where meditating doesnt regenerate health then sun and stars is an absolute must.

The herbalist gets you off to a great start with the alchemy you can do. Keira later on also has alchemy stuff to trade. When it comes to armorers and shops i find them all to be similar so far tbh.

Always check on what the merchants have to sell. There are quests that have you needing to find a collection of items (such as 4 letters etc) Quite often the merchants have one for sale. If you go around to abandoned sites and kill the enemies which bring the populace back then the merchant at that site tends to have a quest item for sale.

Im playing on normal difficulty so i can meditate after each fight to regenerate health. I upgraded Quen (shield) asap. Its vital for mass enemies. I find it useful on normal difficulty so if your on a harder setting then i would definately recommend upgrading Quen. Can be a massive help.

Just adding to that, once you brew them, you can automatically have them restocked when you meditate as long as you have Alcohest (I think its called). So its normally worth crafting every recipe at least once so then you don't need to worry about it afterwards.

any strong alcohol will do it, dwarven spirit, anything ina bottle you find in a crate or buy from the boozer

If you're on a hard difficulty, just remember that meditating still replenishes your potions. So as soon as you get swallow (health regen) it's not too much of a big deal. I werent a big fan of the sun and star perk. 

Yes its a very good story. I find the main missions ive done so far have been quite varied which is nice to see.

I think the variety is incredible. One of the missions has you playing a classic playground game we all played as Children!  lol I love how the consequences aren't black or white, really adds something to the decision making process.

I'd also advise everybody to go after the Witcher Gear. It looks better but more importantly, It's incredibly strong. The Feline/Cat one is the coolest looking at a low level but when you level them all up, they all pretty cool.

Anybody find the baron story to be pretty awesome? I won't say what happens cause of spoilers though ;)

I found the whole part with the crones very interesting, I still have no idea if I made the right decision or not killing that tree spirit lol

It's already been mentioned so I'm not spoiling anything but that damn Griffin is hard! Just can't get past it.

dodge a lot, stay away from it, use the crossbow to down it, then aard it in the face, hit while its stunned and run away

Quen is the key to beating high-level enemies.

All these are good tips. Dodging is very important. I upgraded Quen first which served me well but Quen is ideal for battling multiple enemies. Aard is good for single enemies. The main thing for me though is patience. Dodging and Blocking is important so when fighting anything go in hit it once or twice then get out of range. Going for 3 or more hits generally means u will take a hit yourself.

Tough enemies i use Aard, go in for 2 hits then roll away and repeat. Shouldnt have too much trouble

This game is just a masterpiece! I'm on level 15 now & I've hardly even touched the main quests, been wandering around killing monsters, etc & doing side quests/contracts/treasure hunts

My map hardly has any ? marks left now & a small number of monsters I haven't killed, so I'll be hitting more of the main stuff soon. Gonna be one of them games I'll be gutted to complete lol, but the future DLC etc means this game has years of life in it

...theres multiple map locations :)

i also wanted to say, read every book to get as many bestiary entries as you can, craft the best anti enemy oils and prepare potions and spells that will help with that eemy

Edited by Beliall

All these are good tips. Dodging is very important. I upgraded Quen first which served me well but Quen is ideal for battling multiple enemies. Aard is good for single enemies. The main thing for me though is patience. Dodging and Blocking is important so when fighting anything go in hit it once or twice then get out of range. Going for 3 or more hits generally means u will take a hit yourself.

Tough enemies i use Aard, go in for 2 hits then roll away and repeat. Shouldnt have too much trouble

Sorry its Axii not Aard that i use