Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

NP considering Legal Action

he needs to move on, even if he won such a case he wouldnt be back in charge but instead put on gardening leave which would stop him finding new employment.

TBH I don't think he'd be bothered about not being put back in charge, bridges have been burnt between Pearson and the owners now, however I believe NP is a man of principles and if he honestly has reason to take legal action I think he would for the principle of the situation, get his name cleared, get it out in the open that he has done nothing wrong (That still remains to be seen either way but like i've said if he's willing to take legal action that to me suggests he has nothing to hide).

The only danger to him like you say is the gardening leave issue as that would stop him finding new employment, but the fact he has already been sacked i'm not sure they can do that - I don't know too much about employment laws.

Him doing anything wrong is a point fo view and also we not privy to his contract.

But at a guess based on my employment history, I would guess he had a responsibility to keep his players in line during the tour and also respect that the trip was a publicity exercise to get the club known well in thailiand, in that role he failed and thats ignoring whether or not he tried to get his son reinstated.

Sometimes I have had to agree with my employer even if I am convinced my employer is wrong, its life, its business.

Like i've said before though you would assume Nige doesn't have anything to hide if he is considering/goes through with legal action because if he does go through with it and he had something to hide he is going to look very silly, now that might be the case, as you've said we don't know, but i'm sure he wouldn't consider/go through with legal action if he had done something and he is in the wrong/has something to hide.

Lots of people consider legal action then quietly think better of it.

From all that's been mentioned on here and in the Press (which might not be the whole story at all) I wouldn't even contemplate the idea but I'm not sure Pearson will have learned his lesson about sounding off even now.

But, he's nothing if not stubborn so who knows?.

One would imagine there's some kind of settlement between the two parties but I wouldn't be sure of it given the nature of the dismissal and this might be why Pearson's contemplating legal action. Again, as with so much about the whole sage, we don't know.

But as a fan considering the issue from a distance i reckon if I were Pearson I'd get back into football management as quickly as possible and agree the kind of contract that might be on offer given the achievement of keeping the Foxes in The Premiership.

That way I'd be sure of a lucrative future, I'd be back doing what I loved and I'd have the chance to rebuild my life and future without endless months of worry and heartache.      

Taking that path the issue will soon die down, Pearson will have chance to reflect on his shortcomings and he may just go on to fulfill his undoubted potential by becoming not just a good football team manager but someone who can also cope with the other pressures and responsibilities of the job.

A stubborn nature and suspect temperament can be so destructive. I know cos I've been there.

Oi, Pearson! Ffs, grow up, man.

Do you realise a forum is for forum members to discuss things with each other, not 'shout' at someone who's never going to read what you've posted? Even a child could grasp the concept.

Are you a child or just childish?

Do you realise a forum is for forum members to discuss things with each other, not 'shout' at someone who's never going to read what you've posted? Even a child could grasp the concept.

I'd guess he's about 75, and a bellend

I'd guess he's about 75, and a bellend

I sometimes want to ask people if they have friends away from FT, but then I realise they actually don't and I feel a bit sorry for them.

Back on topic... any settlement would have had to be very large to just let Nige walk without a fuss. Unless it was already written into his contract.

Or he was rightly sacked and recieved whatever he was entitled to.

I got banned for 24 hours for having a go at you! Sorry about that, although it was a bit tongue in cheek with the Nigel quote!

Stressful times :P

Serious question then now your being reasonable

Would you be behind the club or big Nige if he does resort to legal action?

Serious question then now your being reasonable

Would you be behind the club or big Nige if he does resort to legal action?

Its hard to say as we have no facts at hand. But if its based on the plausible scenario that;

-Nige argued that his son (and Smith?) weren't racist and therefore shouldn't have been subjected to the same fate as Hopper

-Nige was not consulted during the disciplinary process (this would be classed as a team issue, so you would think he would have a say)

-Nige argued that (directly or indirectly) King Power provided the alcohol and hookers and therefore they should shoulder some blame

-If Smith and Pearson weren't sacked for racism but instead were for misconduct and 'disrespecting' the King Power brand, then why hasn't Danny Simpson been awarded the same fate?

If the above scenario occurred, and was the 'difference in perspective' then I would be backing Nige in a legal challenge. Its not something to lose your job over, although the lines of misconduct would be very blurred.

And as far as I can tell, Nige never said 'reinstate them or I walk', otherwise they would have just let him walk. That makes this a matter of him expressing his opinion, little more.

Don't take this to mean I want him to sue LCFC into the ground. I just respect a principled man who sticks up for his players and for what he thinks is right and fair.

Its hard to say as we have no facts at hand. But if its based on the plausible scenario that;

-Nige argued that his son (and Smith?) weren't racist and therefore shouldn't have been subjected to the same fate as Hopper

-Nige was not consulted during the disciplinary process (this would be classed as a team issue, so you would think he would have a say)

-Nige argued that (directly or indirectly) King Power provided the alcohol and hookers and therefore they should shoulder some blame

-If Smith and Pearson weren't sacked for racism but instead were for misconduct and 'disrespecting' the King Power brand, then why hasn't Danny Simpson been awarded the same fate?

If the above scenario occurred, and was the 'difference in perspective' then I would be backing Nige in a legal challenge. Its not something to lose your job over, although the lines of misconduct would be very blurred.

And as far as I can tell, Nige never said 'reinstate them or I walk', otherwise they would have just let him walk. That makes this a matter of him expressing his opinion, little more.

Don't take this to mean I want him to sue LCFC into the ground. I just respect a principled man who sticks up for his players and for what he thinks is right and fair.

Good sensible post and I understand where you are coming from

I'm not opposed to NP getting what's fair to him but I would always back the club, purely from a loyalty point of view

That said it will be interesting to know actually what happened in relation to NP being sacked

I think Simpson will be sacked, I can't see why you'd suspend someone for an alleged attack then reinstate them once found guilty. I should imagine it's more probable that the club are waiting to see if he appeals or not and if so whether he wins an appeal or not. I guess if we sacked him and he won an appeal it would leave us wide open for him to take take legal action against us.

I got banned for 24 hours for having a go at you! Sorry about that, although it was a bit tongue in cheek with the Nigel quote!

Stressful times :P

Bob Weasel is one of the most pleasant posters on the forum buddy.

Not a bloke to give that sort of crap to really.

Good on you though for apologising,

are you an ostrich? are you?

Archived