Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

NP considering Legal Action

I didn't want him gone in anyway.

But lets be about right. He gave them more than enough opportunities this season, with his behaviour, to get rid. Can you imagine a Barclay's manager choke slaming a HSBC clerk in full view of the public and keeping their job? I am pissing myself at the thought of that now?! :nigel:

Exactly right, he had plenty of chances and should think himself lucky he lasted long enough to get something out the last ten games, also even if they didn't sack him now how long would it of taken for him to f##k up again?

What's he supposed to do then? Seriously? Constantly do the rounds of all the player's hotel rooms, all night long, just to make sure they're not up to no good?

Pearson is in NO way responsible for what those three little scrotes got up to.

Yes he was responsible that's the nature of the Job. I know of Mangers who walked the Hotel corridors themselves or appointed someone to do it just to make sure players stayed in there rooms. I've even seen Managers employed security for the same purpose and also to make sure the players weren't disturbed.

Unless there was someone else appointed to lead the oversea's trip which we don't know, then that leaves NP was badly let down by the players most of all his son. But as Manager the book stops with him. That's why bosses are paid the big money.

NP, as anyone in employment, has the right to seek redress against unfair dismissal.  If he does take legal action and wins, he may be given the choice of compensation or re-instatement.  I imagine that most people winning a case like that would take the compensation as they wouldn't want any further association with the people that dismissed them, however NP has a stubborn streak which could lead him to demand re-instatement.  Should that happen I fear that the owners may reconsider their position with the club, which could leave us in a worse situation than we are in right now.

NP, as anyone in employment, has the right to seek redress against unfair dismissal. If he does take legal action and wins, he may be given the choice of compensation or re-instatement. I imagine that most people winning a case like that would take the compensation as they wouldn't want any further association with the people that dismissed them, however NP has a stubborn streak which could lead him to demand re-instatement. Should that happen I fear that the owners may reconsider their position with the club, which could leave us in a worse situation than we are in right now.

Very very unlikely. The owners are shrewd businessmen and surely know how to correctly dismiss an emoloyee without the risk of such sanctions

NP, as anyone in employment, has the right to seek redress against unfair dismissal.  If he does take legal action and wins, he may be given the choice of compensation or re-instatement.  I imagine that most people winning a case like that would take the compensation as they wouldn't want any further association with the people that dismissed them, however NP has a stubborn streak which could lead him to demand re-instatement.  Should that happen I fear that the owners may reconsider their position with the club, which could leave us in a worse situation than we are in right now.

Why? They would have to sell the club to someone, we'd have new owners, life would go on.

We don't know the full details. Why are SO many people quick to defend Pearson when no one really knows what's happened?

Throughout the WHOLE season, the owners have remained rational and sensible in all their decisions. This dismissal seems to contrast with everything that we know the owners to stand for, so, maybe, we could actually consider that there is more to this than meets the eye. 

We may be fans of the club but we don't know about every single conversation between every single person involved with the club. 

All the "reports" that are being released are merely making lame links to pass incidents that, by the way, were non-issues when they occurred. 

The sex-tape is the only real controversy but even so, there are no actual facts to suggest that it is somehow linked. All speculation.

I just think it's crazy that people are so quick to look to the extremes. 6 months ago, Pearson definitely deserved to be sacked and now he definitely didn't. How about having a little bit of balance in the discussion and not jumping to conclusions?!

This

It may not be how his son behaved, but how Nigel has reacted to his sacking.

Is it possible that NP was opposed to this but the owners felt it was necessary (and I agree with them if they did) after a couple of weeks of dispute they felt it was time to pull the plug and move on.

Pearson will have the last laugh no matter what. He'll be sitting at home with his £1m pay-off laughing as Paul Lambert takes charge. 

He will receive no pay off. His contract was a rolling  yearly one. He and the club were die to sing a new one on June 30th. So he isn't entitled to any compensation

If reports are true that it was the actions of his son that principally got him the sack, then I think he has a decent case of unfair dismissal.

Best of luck.

From what I've read, I'm not sure if it was necessarily his son's actions that got him the sack, or the fact that Pearson himself was upset he had no input into the disciplinary proceedings and that the board made the decision without him. If that is the case, I can imagine Pearson would have felt this was an issue that falls under his remit to deal with, instead of the Board. 

Guest MattP

This could get ugly.

what'd be the chances of the owners selling the club is everything goes pear-shaped?

Doubt they would sell while we are in the PL and the new TV deal money is coming in, just like Mike Ashley they are getting millions of pounds worth of advertising for nothing.

They might eventually sell up when they can make a tidy bundle on us, they've probably now almost recovered the debt they paid off as well.

To those that think Thai's don't give a sh*t about the club.

Didn't they organise those 'clapper' things, which we got media praise from?

A laughing stock amongst fans in general, fair enough they helped create an atmosphere but I hope we've seen the back of them until we become desperate again.

IT would be brilliant if he actually came back because of this but I think we all know thats not happening. 

The only way this will happen is if they all get round a table and trash out the problem. Then create clear guidelines for going forward.

To those that think Thai's don't give a sh*t about the club.

Didn't they organise those 'clapper' things, which we got media praise from?

Does anyone seriously think it was Top or Vichai who came up with the idea of clappers? More likely someone in the marketing or media department.

Let me get this straight ....

There are actually people who want a man who now has absolutely no connection to our club to be successful in taking legal action against the people who have the future of our club in their hands.

Are you people Leicester City fans or Nigel Pearson fans?  I hope when he gets hired by a new club you all **** off to their ground and their forums and leave the rest of us alone to support our club.

Archived