Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

NP considering Legal Action

I have been following the discussions on here for a while, but decided to contribute given how important this issue is to our club.

There have been various issues with Pearson's behaviour, which have been well covered in this thread. The owner's intention for Leicester to be a top half premiership club, possibly challenging for European places should also be noted. It may be that the owners decided that with the owners believe a different manager can fulfil their ambitions better and handle more professionally the media attention that this will bring.

Now is the right time to bring in a new manager. The transfer window has just opened and the new manager will have an opportunity to assess the squad in pre-season.

The only surprise is that, if this is a calmly thought out decision, they don't have a new manager lined up already.

BTW, I am a Nigel Pearson fan and am personally surprised by the decision.

A good Manager will create a winning team no matter what resources he has. That's what makes good Managers priceless to any club.

I'm not saying NP hasn't made mistakes but success is measured by the number of mistakes. There's no defending some of the mistakes he made but that's

what the pressure does to you. Remember this was all new territory for everyone including the directors. I'm certain we would have went on to bigger and better things but for this incident. I feel NP was building a dynasty here for the long term.

I'm sure by the beginning of the season it would have all passed over and been forgotten about.

Let me get this straight ....

There are actually people who want a man who now has absolutely no connection to our club to be successful in taking legal action against the people who have the future of our club in their hands.

Are you people Leicester City fans or Nigel Pearson fans?  I hope when he gets hired by a new club you all **** off to their ground and their forums and leave the rest of us alone to support our club.

Dude, it's a business, we are customers of that business.  Nothing more, nothing less.  When that company makes a shit decision does that mean those same loyal customers should keep handing over the cash regardless?  No it doesn't.

You have to look at it in the wider context, the owners are like royalty in Thailand. Now their reputation has been damaged by Employees and in there homeland.

Most people would have difficulty accepting it, never mind people with a strong Buddhist beliefs. The Owners are quiet reserved people who don't court publicity like some others, ( Tan at Cardiff for instance. ) They have done nothing but good for Leicester City and quite frankly deserved better respect.

You could put the actions of the 3 players down to youthful exuberance, But the squad travelling should have been cautioned about there behaviour while abroad especially Thailand. NP as Manager has to accept responsibility for that it goes with the title of Manager. I suspect NP not accepting that fact has lead to his Sacking.

Sadly no one is a winner out of this least of all the Owners. I just hope they have the foresight to bring in a top proven Manager to take us to the next level.

Never mind their reputation in Thailand, their reputation in this country and in this city has suddenly taken a massive battering. To sack a manager at the beginning of pre season, to do it without anyone lined up, to do it after 23000 of us have bought new season tickets and then to give scant regard to the fans when explaining what's happened strikes me as a lack of respect for us. Their lack of communication has resulted in endless theories, frustration and resentment. Respect is a mutual thing and the way they've gone about this (and the non sacking in February,) particularly when dealing with the fans has not encouraged respect. They've been great but this decision appears naïve at best and near suicidal from a business perspective at worst. Remember, these guys gave Sven a job so they aren't quite as savvy as the last few seasons might indicate. They may well have underestimated how much of our progress and their growing reputation has been reliant on the management brilliance of a certain NP and less so on their football business acumen.

Dude, it's a business, we are customers of that business.  Nothing more, nothing less.  When that company makes a shit decision does that mean those same loyal customers should keep handing over the cash regardless?  No it doesn't.

We are fooball fans - of course it does. It's way more than a business.

I can't believe people on here actually want our club to be taken to court. The Thais are here to use the club to promote the business, but they do it in a respectful way to the club and the fans. Pearson been at the end of a string of incidents that have given the club bad publicity, this is against what the Thais are trying to achieve. Westerners don't have a great reputation in Thailand so the 'orgy' incident was probably the straw that broke the camels back for them, after all, Pearson is the manager and on official business the players conduct comes down to him, they probably deliberated but felt they had no choice.

Do not dis-respect the owners that got our club to where we are because we are very lucky to have them  

I can't believe people on here actually want our club to be taken to court. The Thais are here to use the club to promote the business, but they do it in a respectful way to the club and the fans. Pearson been at the end of a string of incidents that have given the club bad publicity, this is against what the Thais are trying to achieve. Westerners don't have a great reputation in Thailand so the 'orgy' incident was probably the straw that broke the camels back for them, after all, Pearson is the manager and on official business the players conduct comes down to him, they probably deliberated but felt they had no choice.

Do not dis-respect the owners that got our club to where we are because we are very lucky to have them  

Very well said, mate!

Much like when Pearson said 'if you don't like what you see, stay at home', this would leave us with very few people left at the ground.

I suppose the logic is that we were 5th in the Championship, having come up an entire league within the past two years under Pearson, when these owners took charge. Their first set of moves took us three whole years to recover from and we are, now, where we'd have expected to be back in 2010 before they even materialised.

So, seeing as a great deal of people on here will know every bit as much and more, about what works in English football as the owners, fans are probably acutely aware that the owners have just made what looks like a leap for the self-destruct button.

On top of that, their tone was hardly respectful of the fans' reaction - 'we trust they will recognise...'. There's been an on-going undertone, for me, of them thinking that we're a sort of spotty irrelevance, that this is really about plugging their brand, being bigger in Thailand and Asia, selling cheaper fags and booze in airports and whatever. Yes, I know that's understandable, but it's hardly respectful of the club's traditions and fanbase, it's hardly what you'd hope for in an owner. And you certainly don't have to like it.

So people have probably said that, on balance, they haven't actually been especially good owners after all. They've blown a stack of cash - some of which may have gone to use - but ultimately all of their success has hinged on a guy who was already doing pretty damn well before they waltzed onto the scene.

Some fans, I think, would rather they were made to look so incredibly stupid that they sodded off and gave people who'd be better for the club a go. I don't think they're taking Pearson's side over Leicester's.

We're all hoping for this to turn into our Southampton or Newcastle or West Brom moment, in terms of firing a successful boss and going on to better things.,And yet - based on the information available to us - it's hard right now to say they've been particularly good owners. Rich, wasteful, precious, bizarre and occasionally successful would be a better summary.

Gotta agree with this sadly.

Utter tripe. They didn't get us where we are at all. We were in fact well on the way to getting into the Premier league before they pushed Pearson out the back door on arrival. You can have all the money in the world but if you have a shit manager then you will never have success. Make mistake of the two contributory factors it's Nigel Pearson's management that has got us where we are today rather than the Thai money.

People are acting as though we wouldn't be able to find new owners if they were to go. We'd probably have a queue. 

Secondly, the bottom line is that Pearson has done more for this club than the owners have. Regardless of the amount of money you throw at something, someone has to do the business on the pitch and get the results. He (and the players) have done that and that is why we're in the prem.

We should expect decisions to be made on what is right for the Club. This clearly isn't, unless they have someone very very good lined up.

Yeah Villa was sold on in next to no time...

We are fooball fans - of course it does. It's way more than a business.

Then that is the reason why football is in such a state in this country.  Those that run the game know that can probably do literally anything as they know the fandoms will keep handing their cash over in droves.

If Nigel goes to court needs to play the race card.

It has been stated / intimated that he has been sacked because he doesn't agree with Thai thinking and Thai way of doing things, which considering he is an Englishman operating for an English company in England, is very questionable.

If I was his solicitor, I would go down this route as the owners would be hard pressed to defend their decision on a business basis.

Let me get this straight ....

There are actually people who want a man who now has absolutely no connection to our club to be successful in taking legal action against the people who have the future of our club in their hands.

Are you people Leicester City fans or Nigel Pearson fans? I hope when he gets hired by a new club you all **** off to their ground and their forums and leave the rest of us alone to support our club.

My love for LCFC and indeed for the great City of Leicester is trumped by my regard for justice - the idea that someone unfairly sacked should be able to get redress in the courts based on the facts of the situation

From what I know (surely not enough) if NP goes to an industrial tribunal the owners will settle out of court.

If Nigel goes to court needs to play the race card.

It has been stated / intimated that he has been sacked because he doesn't agree with Thai thinking and Thai way of doing things, which considering he is an Englishman operating for an English company in England, is very questionable.

If I was his solicitor, I would go down this route as the owners would be hard pressed to defend their decision on a business basis.

Just as well you're not his solicitor really then. 

if he genuinely was over the phone then I'm even more disgusted, you think after everything he's done he would at least deserve his dismissal to be face to face

To be fair, would YOU tell Nigel to his face that you were sacking him?

We don't know the full details. Why are SO many people quick to defend Pearson when no one really knows what's happened?

Throughout the WHOLE season, the owners have remained rational and sensible in all their decisions. This dismissal seems to contrast with everything that we know the owners to stand for, so, maybe, we could actually consider that there is more to this than meets the eye.

We may be fans of the club but we don't know about every single conversation between every single person involved with the club.

All the "reports" that are being released are merely making lame links to pass incidents that, by the way, were non-issues when they occurred.

The sex-tape is the only real controversy but even so, there are no actual facts to suggest that it is somehow linked. All speculation.

I just think it's crazy that people are so quick to look to the extremes. 6 months ago, Pearson definitely deserved to be sacked and now he definitely didn't. How about having a little bit of balance in the discussion and not jumping to conclusions?!

This.

I cant really understand why people are supporting the idea of legal action.

I firmly believe the board have the clubs best interests at heart. They have made mistakes. But they wouldnt just bin a manager off, especially given the track record he had last season with "incidents" AND the amazing run of form atthe end of the season without a significant reason why, or a significant replacement.

So hoping legal action is brought against them by a former employee is something i cant get my head around.

I cant really understand why people are supporting the idea of legal action.

I firmly believe the board have the clubs best interests at heart. They have made mistakes. But they wouldnt just bin a manager off, especially given the track record he had last season with "incidents" AND the amazing run of form atthe end of the season without a significant reason why, or a significant replacement.

So hoping legal action is brought against them by a former employee is something i cant get my head around.

if NP bothers with legal action it probably means there was something dodgy with the reason they binned him. 

Can't agree with you here Matt.

The run-in was 'great'.

The rest was pretty bloody awful

The run in was exceptional. The rest is just standard life in the premier league for a club like us. Get used to it. Villa have been used to it for 20+ years.

The season was great. In a roundabout way we achieved all our targets. Played well in lost games, we're never thrashed, played whole heartedly with spirit and creativity and broke some records. Not sure what one has to do to make a season great if that doesn't count.

Back to Pearson, I'm still horrified in shock. I just don't understand why.

Archived