Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

NP considering Legal Action

That's not true, I work for the council and 'bringing them into disrepute' outside of work is potentially a sacking offence

Ok in hindsight yes you could receive the sack for it from a players point of view. What they did was very direpectful and you could argue that it gave the club bad media etc.

None the less the point still remains about Nigel. He's not responsible for others behaviour.

Let me get this straight ....

There are actually people who want a man who now has absolutely no connection to our club to be successful in taking legal action against the people who have the future of our club in their hands.

Are you people Leicester City fans or Nigel Pearson fans?  I hope when he gets hired by a new club you all **** off to their ground and their forums and leave the rest of us alone to support our club.

I'm a fan of justice 

There are actually people who want a man who now has absolutely no connection to our club to be successful in taking legal action against the people who have the future of our club in their hands.

Are you people Leicester City fans or Nigel Pearson fans? I hope when he gets hired by a new club you all **** off to their ground and their forums and leave the rest of us alone to support our club.

I am a Leicester City fan but I have principles and beliefs. A belief that people shouldn't be dismissed without good reason. Being held responsibLe for someone else's actions doesn't count as good reason. Especially when he achieved all targets and had built a premier league competing squad in less years than the original plan.

Come on. This is a nightmare for the club! It will completely undo this squad and take away the foundations that this current squad is built upon. Relegation here we come.

We've seen it all before. New manager comes in, brings their own players coaches style etc. Players currently here get unsettled by this and it all goes to pot.

I support Leicester but I don't support modern football's crazy logistics. I certainly don't support the owners undoing what has been a great season with a great squad at the cost of footballing success, in favour of their business success.

Now all those gifts make sense. Trying to pucker us up before ditching us in the shite.

Are you people Leicester City fans or Nigel Pearson fans? I hope when he gets hired by a new club you all **** off to their ground and their forums and leave the rest of us alone to support our club.

I see a decision which has potential to cause this club far more damage than a tense atmosphere behind the scenes. They made the decision a day before pre season tests! It could be done two weeks ago at least.

People are acting as though we wouldn't be able to find new owners if they were to go. We'd probably have a queue. 

Secondly, the bottom line is that Pearson has done more for this club than the owners have. Regardless of the amount of money you throw at something, someone has to do the business on the pitch and get the results. He (and the players) have done that and that is why we're in the prem.

We should expect decisions to be made on what is right for the Club. This clearly isn't, unless they have someone very very good lined up.

The best post I've seen since Mr arrogant got the boot last night!! If you lot care more for him than the club f-off and support him elsewhere. Jesus! I've never read so much Bull as I've seen in the last 24hrs. Nobody is bigger than the club. Full Stop

What crap.! A boss is not responsible for his employees outside of work. Of you managed people at work and they went on the lash and did something regrettable would you take responsibility for their actions and expect to be fired? Answer is no.

What someone does outside of work is notHong to do with work. I would say that although disgraceful and not really condoneable all of the named players and managers who have gone have got a case for unfair dismissal.

The fact that other clubs have employed them straight away says it all really.

well put. I think I saw our reserved owners walking round the pitch after the QPR game 

I can see why people like Pearson more than the owners, he has done more than they have for us. But Pearson is gone now, so screw him if he wants more money out of us.

People need to remember it's us who are important.

And it wasn't a 'great season'. It was a decent season, nothing more. It ended brilliantly, started brilliantly but the majority of it was crap. At the end, we finished just about where I expected with the squad of players we started the season with.

Guest MattP

And it wasn't a 'great season'. It was a decent season, nothing more. It ended brilliantly, started brilliantly but the majority of it was crap. At the end, we finished just about where I expected with the squad of players we started the season with.

If you offered a newly promoted team a 7 wins from 9 great escape, never having to suffer the indignity of being hammered all year, a 5-3 victory over Man United from 3-1 down and watching one of the World's great midfielders of our generation play for them I think they would snap your hand off.

It was a great season, just like the previous one. We'll probably see what a shit season looks like very shortly.

If you offered a newly promoted team a 7 wins from 9 great escape, never having to suffer the indignity of being hammered all year, a 5-3 victory over Man United from 3-1 down and watching one of the World's great midfielders of our generation play for them I think they would snap your hand off.

It was a great season, just like the previous one. We'll probably see what a shit season looks like very shortly.

Can't agree with you here Matt.

The run-in was 'great'.

The rest was pretty bloody awful

He was always going to go at some point, that's just the nature of Football. People are annoyed because it's happened after we escaped relegation and were looking forward to the new season.  It's the uncertainty for the coming season that has fans worried. 

if he genuinely was over the phone then I'm even more disgusted, you think after everything he's done he would at least deserve his dismissal to be face to face

would you tell him face to face he was sacked, headbutts all round

if he genuinely was over the phone then I'm even more disgusted, you think after everything he's done he would at least deserve his dismissal to be face to face

That's the worst thing about his sacking. He deserved to be told face to face. It doesn't say much for the chief executive.

The owners purchased our stadium back, rebuilt the youth academy to one of the best in the country, all there promotions they put on for us fans, topped up the text Ellis charity, wiped out off a 100 million debt, backed every manager with cash Pearson around 50million and plenty more.

Yes pearsons track record with incidents last season was not great and I don't believe he should of been sacked if its to do with James but hey we don't know why he's been sacked as of yet bar some rumours.

Pearson has gone and won't be coming back, the owners will be here for some time yet and let's hope they get the right man in to take our club forward.

Are you people Leicester City fans or Nigel Pearson fans?  I hope when he gets hired by a new club you all **** off to their ground and their forums and leave the rest of us alone to support our club.

Much like when Pearson said 'if you don't like what you see, stay at home', this would leave us with very few people left at the ground.

I suppose the logic is that we were 5th in the Championship, having come up an entire league within the past two years under Pearson, when these owners took charge. Their first set of moves took us three whole years to recover from and we are, now, where we'd have expected to be back in 2010 before they even materialised.

So, seeing as a great deal of people on here will know every bit as much and more, about what works in English football as the owners, fans are probably acutely aware that the owners have just made what looks like a leap for the self-destruct button.

On top of that, their tone was hardly respectful of the fans' reaction - 'we trust they will recognise...'. There's been an on-going undertone, for me, of them thinking that we're a sort of spotty irrelevance, that this is really about plugging their brand, being bigger in Thailand and Asia, selling cheaper fags and booze in airports and whatever. Yes, I know that's understandable, but it's hardly respectful of the club's traditions and fanbase, it's hardly what you'd hope for in an owner. And you certainly don't have to like it.

So people have probably said that, on balance, they haven't actually been especially good owners after all. They've blown a stack of cash - some of which may have gone to use - but ultimately all of their success has hinged on a guy who was already doing pretty damn well before they waltzed onto the scene.

Some fans, I think, would rather they were made to look so incredibly stupid that they sodded off and gave people who'd be better for the club a go. I don't think they're taking Pearson's side over Leicester's.

We're all hoping for this to turn into our Southampton or Newcastle or West Brom moment, in terms of firing a successful boss and going on to better things.,And yet - based on the information available to us - it's hard right now to say they've been particularly good owners. Rich, wasteful, precious, bizarre and occasionally successful would be a better summary.

The owners purchased our stadium back, rebuilt the youth academy to one of the best in the country, all there promotions they put on for us fans, topped up the text Ellis charity, wiped out off a 100 million debt, backed every manager with cash Pearson around 50million and plenty more.

Yes pearsons track record with incidents last season was not great and I don't believe he should of been sacked if its to do with James but hey we don't know why he's been sacked as of yet bar some rumours.

Pearson has gone and won't be coming back, the owners will be here for some time yet and let's hope they get the right man in to take our club forward.

Well, Pearson was doing fine without any cash before they pushed for his exit. The cash they threw at Sousa and Sven only led to it taking us three years to get back to where we'd been previously with Pearson. And under Pearson - again.

The two biggest periods of spending in our history came under Taylor and Sven. If we haven't learned by now that there's more to effectively running a club than throwing cash at it, then there's no hope. A great manager has always been more important than a rich chairman.

I remember seeing this on reddit about a month ago:

'Your owners are the scumbags of Thailand, everyone here knows it.

Because King Power uses corruption and loopholes to have a dominant edge in their duty-free sales. It's a lot of taxation benefits and a monopoly on imported goods. I'm not explaining it as well as could be but they are one of those big corporations that would get a lot of shit in a place like the USA.'

Interesting!

I just googled King Power and corr---ion. Very revealing.

Archived