ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 You mean the things Pearson brought in and prided the club on. I couldn't give a shit if opposing fans don't like us, I'd rather we had a good set-up and were going places. Pearson invented sports science and paid for all the set up at leicester? And to improve the ground? And to get us out of debt? Were going places because of the owners. The owners are able to spend, but want to create revenue streams. Pearson jeopardised that. Things will go on without Pearson.
Donut Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 This poll really does prove that the ones who were happy for pearson to be sacked are the loud minority. He still has unwavering support from the fans. The best decision for the club would be to at least try and get him back! You'd have thought they might have learnt something from the last two non-Pearson appointments. Pearson has too much dignity to come back under this regime (given he was fired despite everything he's done for the club, probably due a situation that was completely out of his control) but it's hypothetical so therefore yes I'd have him back in a heartbeat. The way he was fired has potentially put off other managers wanting to come here. You get a team promoted to the Premier League for the first time in donkeys, keep them up whilst adding to a squad then fired because someone else was filmed getting a rimjob while someone else said something racist? Mental, if that's what caused it. In an ideal world, the owners come to their senses, donate the club and ***king Power to Nigel and he reinstates himself, sells off the duty free business and buys all the players he wants. These posts are based on the fact that our opinion of the manager is simply what we watch for 90 mins every week. We dont know what he is like to work with, we dont know to what extent things have happened behind the scenes. If, hypothetically, Pearson wasnt as successful as he has been, we wouldnt be nearly as dismissive of the Thai's reasons for sacking him. But the fact is, that no one actually cares what got him sacked no matter how inappropriate or severe because he pulled of the great escape. That doesnt make you a law unto yourself. You still work for bosses.
ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Was never embarrassed by Pearson. However I am embarrassed with the situation I find ourselves with now. Not embarrassed of him sticking up for his son taking part in a racist orgy and filming it for he world to see? Not embarrassed of 'I can handle myself'? Not slightly embarrassed of his ostrich rant? But embarrassed we are still searching for a high profile manager in the first week of pre season? Yeah.. Fair point
Alf Bentley Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Given some of the rumoured appointments, never mind take Pearson back, I'd take a Martin Allen-Ian Holloway dream team.
ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 I'd rather have Pearson then Klopp so in a heart beat yes. lol lol Most idiotic post of preseason settled already
Clever Fox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 I'm sure a good mediator could bring them together and find the common ground between them. trouble is time is running out. were losing possible signings because of the stalemate situation.
CosbehFox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Not embarrassed of him sticking up for his son taking part in a racist orgy and filming it for he world to see? Not embarrassed of 'I can handle myself'? Not slightly embarrassed of his ostrich rant? But embarrassed we are still searching for a high profile manager in the first week of pre season? Yeah.. Fair point No I was never embarrassed that he gave the media shit. They are hypocrites. We haven't a clue if it's true he defended his son and to an extent, i would expect any father to attempt to protect his son. I'm embarrassed that we appear to not have a clue who to appoint. It's the kind of stunt Newcastle do.
chicagofox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Just give him whatever he wants Because one man is bigger than the club?
chicagofox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 I'm sure a good mediator could bring them together and find the common ground between them. trouble is time is running out. were losing possible signings because of the stalemate situation. Time is not running out. Time has run out. Time ran out the moment Pearson was sacked. It's time for us all (Yes, I know that is hard for most of you on here) to move on.
chicagofox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Was never embarrassed by Pearson. However I am embarrassed with the situation I find ourselves with now. Well you should have been. For that woeful string of losses during a large part of the season and for the multiple episodes of him acting unprofessional while representing the club and his employers.
CosbehFox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Well you should have been. For that woeful string of losses during a large part of the season and for the multiple episodes of him acting unprofessional while representing the club and his employers.I live away from my home town. I went every home game in a 110 mile round trip and a fair few away games. There was only once I was annoyed and that was the Villa away game in the cup. I stood up for him repeatedly in my work office. I was proud of the club game after game. I could see players working their arse off, a manager frustrated by idiots provoking him and a fanbase largely supportive. In comparison, I saw Burnley receive applauds but doing nothing and acting as everything was great. I saw QPR do what QPR do best. We had a manager willing to defend himself and fight for his players. Is that a bad thing?
Corky Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Who cares? Seems like we've got the people's choice as manager now, just move on.
CosbehFox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 And before people saying I'm arselicking him. My first ST was for Taylor's first season and we know it went downhill there. Then it ticked along with us being total doggo and signing some woeful players. I got even more involved when I could drive which was roughly Mandarics period. That was soul destroying. A succession of managers which were total rot. Then we got Pearson in and for once we were competent. For two seasons, we were finally worth being proud of. Anyone what was there that night in Cardiff will say that. Hence I was unbelievably upset when we pushed him out. It all came good upon his return. Constant progression with some memories along the way. We broke records. We got results O'Neill couldn't manage. You can bet I am angry. You can bet I can't get over it. There was another occasion like this. That 5-2 against Sunderland and the board caved in. The beginning of the end it was. I remember coming back from Wednesday losing 4-0 on the last day of that season. We were still optimistic. If the Thais want more exposure, they will only get it through success. Not being PR kings.
The Doctor Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Pearson invented sports science and paid for all the set up at leicester? And to improve the ground? And to get us out of debt? Were going places because of the owners. The owners are able to spend, but want to create revenue streams. Pearson jeopardised that. Things will go on without Pearson. You're being wilfully daft. Obviously he didn't invent or pay for it, but the set up we've got is the one he assembled, he pushed for to bring it.
ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 You're being wilfully daft. Obviously he didn't invent or pay for it, but the set up we've got is the one he assembled, he pushed for to bring it. Great, now we've got it we don't owe him anything. We can use what Pearson set up, keep the back room staff and bring in some new ideas from a new manager. What's the problem?
4everfox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 lol lol Most idiotic post of preseason settled already Why did my post get deleted and this didn't? Ridiculous.
ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 No I was never embarrassed that he gave the media shit. They are hypocrites. We haven't a clue if it's true he defended his son and to an extent, i would expect any father to attempt to protect his son. I'm embarrassed that we appear to not have a clue who to appoint. It's the kind of stunt Newcastle do. Well if his loyalties lie with his son, at best a league 2 player, rather than our owners ambition to grow out club in the Far East, then I'm glad he's gone. Simple. If you take the blue tinted specs off, he was a complete arse all season and while in the end delivering safety, that isn't the summit of what the owners want to achieve. They want to grow the club, and Pearson was doing the opposite with his antics, and the owners I'm sure are concerned about that, even if the 100 members on foxes talk are not. Why did my post get deleted and this didn't? Ridiculous. It got deleted as it was an obvious wind up..
The Doctor Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Great, now we've got it we don't owe him anything. We can use what Pearson set up, keep the back room staff and bring in some new ideas from a new manager. What's the problem? The problem is that the new manager isn't necessarily going to agree with this setup. There's a hell of a lot to be said for stability, you'd have thought we'd have learnt that after Adams through Holloway.
CosbehFox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Well if his loyalties lie with his son, at best a league 2 player, rather than our owners ambition to grow out club in the Far East, then I'm glad he's gone. Simple. If you take the blue tinted specs off, he was a complete arse all season and while in the end delivering safety, that isn't the summit of what the owners want to achieve. They want to grow the club, and Pearson was doing the opposite with his antics, and the owners I'm sure are concerned about that, even if the 100 members on foxes talk are not. It got deleted as it was an obvious wind up.. He defended his son because it was his son. It's all hearsay anyway. I don't care one bit whether the club grows in the Far East. The only way it will as well is trophies. He delivered 14th. That's excellent in an opening season. He made the club grow year on year. A club doesn't grow because a manager brown-noses the media. It grows with success which h delivered time after time.
ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 The problem is that the new manager isn't necessarily going to agree with this setup. There's a hell of a lot to be said for stability, you'd have thought we'd have learnt that after Adams through Holloway. Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree, and stability is good. I wouldn't have grumbled if Nigel was in charge. But I take issue with people 1. Moaning at owners that have been nothing but superb. 2. Think Nigel is the only person who can progress leicester.
ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 He defended his son because it was his son. It's all hearsay anyway. I don't care one bit whether the club grows in the Far East. The only way it will as well is trophies. He delivered 14th. That's excellent in an opening season. He made the club grow year on year. A club doesn't grow because a manager brown-noses the media. It grows with success which h delivered time after time. And because it becomes bigger commercially. Hence the Thailand embarrassment have potential to do damage for the brand of the owners business and our image out there. I have no problem with what he delivered. I had my doubts mid season (to put it mildly) but was happy to see him turn it around. His off field antics were not good press, admit it. And no club likes bad press.
CosbehFox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 'Commercially'? Do people not want a Barca shirt because a cannibal plays for him? No it's up there with the highest shirt sales year on year. People are attracted by success and that alone. Bad press is quickly ignored. Look at how Linekers opinion on Pearson flip flopped.
Guest Bob Hazels shorts Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Can I let you know when and if we know why he was sacked/ forced his employers to terminate his contract and when we know who replaces him. Assumption is he was unfairly fired and we'll get a crap replacement. A lot of people in the know?
ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 'Commercially'? Do people not want a Barca shirt because a cannibal plays for him? No it's up there with the highest shirt sales year on year. People are attracted by success and that alone. Bad press is quickly ignored. Look at how Linekers opinion on Pearson flip flopped. He's been well behaved at Barcelona. Just search Suarez's antics at Liverpool, and the reaction of sponsors including Adidas and Standard Chartered. Forcing apologies etc.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.