Raw Dykes Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Reasons for those that voted yes would be much appreciated, and I will include them in the open letter to the mercury! Pearson is arguably the greatest manager in the history of the club. Like his media personality or not, the stats don't lie, and his record here cannot be denied. We're 31 places in the league better off now than when he first took over. All we've been told is that he had a different persective on things to the owners. If that's the truth, then it's far and away from reason enough for me, and I'm sure many other fans. The list of possible replacements makes for a very depressing read, and I strongly suspect that we're in for a rough season because of this.
ARM1968 Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Yes in a pink fit. I'll go and get him now!! Where is the daft tawt!!
Guest MattP Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Would I want him back? - Of course. Should he come back if they wanted him? - No, I'm sure he realises now no matter how good a job he does he'll be kicked out at some point, he got them out the shit once, why bother again? They've made this decision, let them now try and sort it out and see just how hard it is to get a good manager.
The Doctor Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Yeah because it's obvious working with someone like ranieri would be such a come down from Pearson Nah, but working with Postman Rickovic or whatever the **** his name is would be. Ranieri has declared interest, great, but that doesn't mean the owners are interested in him - it's also worth noting that Pearson wanted Cambiasso and Kante, no guarantee Ranieri does; and that being managerless doesn't really suggest a good club to join.
MONreborn Posted 8 July 2015 Author Posted 8 July 2015 This poll really does prove that the ones who were happy for pearson to be sacked are the loud minority. He still has unwavering support from the fans. The best decision for the club would be to at least try and get him back!
Raw Dykes Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Would I want him back? - Of course. Should he come back if they wanted him? - No, I'm sure he realises now no matter how good a job he does he'll be kicked out at some point, he got them out the shit once, why bother again? They've made this decision, let them now try and sort it out and see just how hard it is to get a good manager. You'd have thought they might have learnt something from the last two non-Pearson appointments.
cc_star Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Cambiasso and Kante have voted yes in this I would not only get him back, I'd give him a payrise and a longer term contract. In years to come, the 5-1 Vs QPR and subsequent arrivals of Huth, Fuchs etc will be looked on in the same way the Sunderland 5-2 is. A high water mark and a case of what might have been! Theres not a single realistic target who'd be fit to wipe Pearson's arse. Nothing short of a Southampton style Pochettino & then Koeman outcome will validate their decision!
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Pearson has too much dignity to come back under this regime (given he was fired despite everything he's done for the club, probably due a situation that was completely out of his control) but it's hypothetical so therefore yes I'd have him back in a heartbeat. The way he was fired has potentially put off other managers wanting to come here. You get a team promoted to the Premier League for the first time in donkeys, keep them up whilst adding to a squad then fired because someone else was filmed getting a rimjob while someone else said something racist? Mental, if that's what caused it. In an ideal world, the owners come to their senses, donate the club and ***king Power to Nigel and he reinstates himself, sells off the duty free business and buys all the players he wants.
ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Pearson has too much dignity to come back under this regime (given he was fired despite everything he's done for the club, probably due a situation that was completely out of his control) but it's hypothetical so therefore yes I'd have him back in a heartbeat. The way he was fired has potentially put off other managers wanting to come here. You get a team promoted to the Premier League for the first time in donkeys, keep them up whilst adding to a squad then fired because someone else was filmed getting a rimjob while someone else said something racist? Mental, if that's what caused it. In an ideal world, the owners come to their senses, donate the club and ***king Power to Nigel and he reinstates himself, sells off the duty free business and buys all the players he wants. Obviously he didn't get sacked just over that. He's obviously said something about James. And reports say the same.
fuchsntf Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Obviously he didn't get sacked just over that. He's obviously said something about James. And reports say the same. Reports built on the foundations of presumption, nothing more..
oxford blue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Of course I would; I've often posted support for him on the many Pearson out threads over the past two seasons. Unfortunately it will never happen. I can't see him wanting to come back even if the owners offered him a new contract with a pay rise.
Dan Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 No chance. I'd hate us to return to progression, genuine reasons for optimism and excitement for games. I'd much rather be in the dark, seemingly clueless as to where we're heading with just a month until the season. Honestly, anyone who votes no has a thought pattern I simply cannot come to terms with.
Smudge Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 I'd say yes purely on how adversely the alternative might effect the team. We have no real idea what the bust up was really about, we can speculate that it's one incident or a catalog of them but something broke the camels back. I very much doubt the owners will put themselves up for further ridicule.
Kitchandro Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Of course I would; I've often posted support for him on the many Pearson out threads over the past two seasons. Unfortunately it will never happen. I can't see him wanting to come back even if the owners offered him a new contract with a pay rise. Well, obviously he's not coming back, this is a hypothetical. I don't think things have changed much in a week, it was a rash decision then and it's a rash decision now. Clearly they have no better alternative. I do have doubts about how far Pearson could have taken us, based on his bizarre tactics for much of last season, but it wasn't a decision that needed to be made at the time it was with no plan in place. In any case he probably earned another crack at it after the way we ended last season. Obviously, the current situation is unsatisfactory.
jim5000 Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 He won't come back, they've already fired him once and reinstated him, they would be a laughing stock if they did again, especially as the sacking was supposidly about saving face in Thailand. Shame though, Nigel seemed to have turned a corner with the team and I was really looking forward to next season. Has a manager ever taken over us in the premier league and not relegated us the same season?
ROB-THE-BLUE Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Without a doubt... YES! Massive mistake letting him go
shailen Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 Look most of us want Pearson back, but it's just not going to happen under these owners especially for non footballing reasons. It's time to move on and let's hope the new man can build on the fantastic job NP has done.
Donut Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 If the owners and Pearson didnt have a relationship that they couldnt retrieve, yes. But they have a relationship that is unworkable now, so no. How much longer will this go on for?
ImBlue Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 What makes me smile is the importance people place on sports science, facilities, scouting etc.. But the image of our club across the country and globally really doesn't matter as long as we have Pearson. Pffft
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 He's gone, get over it Yeah it's quite easy to say when you had it in for him the entire time he was here despite him getting results left, right and centre. Most of us appreciate what he did for the club and don't appreciate how he was dismissed with no information and absolutely **** all plans to replace him
The Doctor Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 What makes me smile is the importance people place on sports science, facilities, scouting etc.. But the image of our club across the country and globally really doesn't matter as long as we have Pearson. Pffft You mean the things Pearson brought in and prided the club on. I couldn't give a shit if opposing fans don't like us, I'd rather we had a good set-up and were going places.
CosbehFox Posted 8 July 2015 Posted 8 July 2015 What makes me smile is the importance people place on sports science, facilities, scouting etc.. But the image of our club across the country and globally really doesn't matter as long as we have Pearson. Pffft Was never embarrassed by Pearson. However I am embarrassed with the situation I find ourselves with now.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.