Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
MONreborn

1 week on, would you take pearson back?

Would you take pearson back as our manager?  

424 members have voted

  1. 1. If pearson tried to make peace with the owners, and vice versa, would you want him to become Leicester City manager again?

    • Yes
      371
    • No
      53


Recommended Posts

Posted

In a heartbeat yes. 3 things though. 1 it'll never happen. 2. He'd tell us to **** off now anyway even if we did approach him and quite frankly who can blame him. And 3. It would make us the biggest laughing stock in the history of English football.

Posted

This is pretty much why I can never warm to our owners entirely. I will never ever warm to putting our reputation amongst people who have no connection to this club over the fans and club itself and that's where there'll be clashes.

Posted

He's been well behaved at Barcelona.

Just search Suarez's antics at Liverpool, and the reaction of sponsors including Adidas and Standard Chartered. Forcing apologies etc.

And the shirts at Liverpool still got sold. They still get fans from the Far East etc.

Standard Chartered stayed on the shirts as well.

Posted

This is pretty much why I can never warm to our owners entirely. I will never ever warm to putting our reputation amongst people who have no connection to this club over the fans and club itself and that's where there'll be clashes.

Every fan should always be cautious of a takeover to their club where the ambition seems to be immediate.

The fans are a club. An owner is not. King Power will not be here when I pop my clogs. There will be another owner.

Posted

If I was Pearson, I would not come back. If the owners cannot appreciate the job he has done in the history of Leicester City fc, then there is no reason for him to come back. 

Posted

I think the crutch of it is we all want a healthy, premier league stabilised Leicester City, I was a big Nigel Pearson fan, nay a huge Nigel Pearson fan, but we move on and I think what we all want is to move forward. I'd be happy if we had a manager with a reputation ready to take the reigns or a hungry, young manager with bags of potential tapped up. It's becoming increasingly clear the club have neither of these things in the pipeline and the names we are being linked with are abysmal. We made progress year on year with Nige, and I was hopeful if not confident that progression would continue next year, now I'm just worried and half expecting us to be uncompetitive, unmotivated and just a bit shit next year. Not really what I imagine any Leicester City fan would want.

Posted

Every fan should always be cautious of a takeover to their club where the ambition seems to be immediate.

The fans are a club. An owner is not. King Power will not be here when I pop my clogs. There will be another owner.

 

Been cautious throughout. They have done some things will, but I'm starting to think that the majority of it was just the fact they let someone who knows what he's doing, do what he does.

 

What would their motives for coming to Leicester have been?

 

My faith in them has hit an all-time low.

Posted

Absolutely No. Never go back. Always look forward. Sadly didn't work out behind the scenes. Damage occurred sadly. Admit was never a Pearson fan, not because of his managerial skills but for his attitude. Not a good representative for a brand. And yes LCFC is a brand. Always has been and always will be. Just a theory but I got an idea that Pearson got a little full of himself. Thought he was irreplaceable and became belligerent.

Would explain some of his antics last season. The whole notion that be did it to reflect pressure from the players, crap as far as I am concerned. I feel it was all about him and the pressure he as feeling. His ego is huge. Now he is gone I just hope the owners can find a good replacement a d not just settle for any one but.

Posted

Id never have sacked him. Even if he shagged my sister, and my mother, and posted it online calling them sluts.

Posted

Id never have sacked him. Even if he shagged my sister, and my mother, and posted it online calling them sluts.

 

You know the drill - pics or GTFO.

Posted

No. For all his undoubted ability in some ways he's not only shown some serious weaknesses as the public face of our football club but doesn't really show the willingness or capacity to learn from his mistakes and to show the "class" his position requires.

 

It's not all about the money you make, our position in the League or even the togetherness of our team. Those things are vitally important but, at the top  level, there are other aspects too. You have to try to set standards consistently - and in every way.

 

Yes, everyone falls short at times, but if you continue making the high-profile gaffs Pearson makes and expect to stay in the job. As I've said once before, it's a pity.

 

Most times I'm glad to see the back of a manager but Pearson was a character with qualities.We might have gone a long way in a footballing sense and in a way that might have been sustained. Pearson shouldn't worry too much. He'll be back at work soon enough and I'm sure the experience will serve to motivate him still further. 

 

PS: Having read that Preki is our likely choice I'd try to turn back time and forgive Pearson anything! :(  

Posted

Absolutely No. Never go back. Always look forward. Sadly didn't work out behind the scenes. Damage occurred sadly. Admit was never a Pearson fan, not because of his managerial skills but for his attitude. Not a good representative for a brand. And yes LCFC is a brand. Always has been and always will be. Just a theory but I got an idea that Pearson got a little full of himself. Thought he was irreplaceable and became belligerent.

Would explain some of his antics last season. The whole notion that be did it to reflect pressure from the players, crap as far as I am concerned. I feel it was all about him and the pressure he as feeling. His ego is huge. Now he is gone I just hope the owners can find a good replacement a d not just settle for any one but.

 

Well, I'd say the current struggle to replace him demonstrates that he was as close as being irreplaceable as it's possible to be!

 

The dearth of credible candidates to replace Pearson really illustrates how rare it is to get a Manager who can assemble a squad of ambitious young professionals who love the Club and who would run through a brick wall for a Manager.

 

Sacking Pearson could be a real turning point in this club's fortunes. It reminds me of the Wycombe FA Cup defeat all those years ago: The moment when the energy and belief goes out of a club. After that, a downward spiral is almost inevitable...

Posted

would never have him back in a month of sundays!!!!! don't get me wrong I thought he was a good manager and he had the players playing for him but he was so much hassle and was never a fan of some of he substitutions! you cant have a manager that strangles players of the opposition during the game!!! it just brings bad press to the club!!!! but im deffinatly in favour of getting a manager that people have at least heard other than this yank/serb

Posted

would never have him back in a month of sundays!!!!! don't get me wrong I thought he was a good manager and he had the players playing for him but he was so much hassle and was never a fan of some of he substitutions! you cant have a manager that strangles players of the opposition during the game!!! it just brings bad press to the club!!!! but im deffinatly in favour of getting a manager that people have at least heard other than this yank/serb

 

Still holding something against a manager after the player himself said it was nothing... 

 

photo-thumb-7552.png

Posted

and was never a fan of some of he substitutions!

 

Were you a fan of the football club improving season after season?

Probably not worth worrying too much about the substitutions then. :doh:

Posted

We would look like a laughing stock bringing him back a week after we sacked him (not a much as giving the job to Preki), but so what.  I would welcome him back with open arms. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...