Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

13 minutes ago, theadmans said:

OK I have reinstalled but it is still not working?

Do I need to change password like last weeks email said?

Password doesn’t need to be changed 

I assume you have put your username and password in on the settings bit

is there any more sections that need filling but as for anymore help with the Kodi Addon as I don’t use it myself I can’t be of assistance sorry and have only gone by what’s been posted on the Facebook group 

OK got it working with 5 minutes to spare.....

Thanks for all your help Jammie

Instead of choosing "MckTV Repo.zip" as per the old instructions....

You choose the zip with videoadd-on in the name instead....

Only found this solution by pure luck trying things at random 

Why can't MCKTV send emails about stuff like this ?

Lots of people don't want anything to do with Facebook.

44 minutes ago, theadmans said:

An email has now been sent out as I have just received one 

Just out of curiosity how did you sign up to the service if you are not on Facebook 

Got the email at 5 to 12......all good now.Thanks for the help jamie.;)Not on FB myself,but have had mck for a few years now....from memory i got sent an email about it,that was when you used to pay £3 monthly.

Edited by PAULCFC

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

An email has now been sent out as I have just received one 

Just out of curiosity how did you sign up to the service if you are not on Facebook 

Yes I got the email at about 11.50am (whilst I was in the middle of desperately trying to sort things out)

My service has been down from Saturday (perhaps longer) - why couldn't the email have been sent earlier?

I didn't need facebook to sign up to MCKTV.

MCKTV need to realise that a lot of people boycott Facebook for a variety of reasons.

IMPORTANT UPDATES NEED TO BE SENT BY EMAIL.

I got an email warning in advance about the Server change last weekend that didn't happen....

....So they should have sent an email earlier this time.

Edited by theadmans

...and to cap it all - after spending a good two hours this morning faffing trying to get MCKTV to work....

....the VPN issue is still not fixed.

Here's an idea - before the next attempted fix - send out an email in advance with clear instructions.

27 minutes ago, theadmans said:

...and to cap it all - after spending a good two hours this morning faffing trying to get MCKTV to work....

....the VPN issue is still not fixed.

Here's an idea - before the next attempted fix - send out an email in advance with clear instructions.

Currently watching the Chelsea game with no vpn needed 

and sorry you have done it to yourself the information is there no good blaming a service that has always been based on Facebook that you don’t have an account there due to some hatred you have towards it 

26 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

and sorry you have done it to yourself the information is there no good blaming a service that has always been based on Facebook that you don’t have an account there due to some hatred you have towards it 

The VPN is not fixed - the email says so?

I got about 10 minutes into the Leicester game before I had to start using a VPN.

I think you'll find that am I far from being alone in not wanting to join Facebook (the reasons are plentiful and well documented on the internet). You seem to think I am being irrational in not wanting to do Facebook?

It wouldn't be so bad if MCKTV could be more consistent in their communication methods. 

They sent an email in advance of the update last weekend (that didn't happen in the end).

This weekend they send nothing until after all the Saturday games and 10 minutes before the Leicester game.

How difficult is to send an email as well as putting stuff on Facebook?

They must lose so many customers through poor communication.

In the past I have to waits weeks for a renewal invoice.

I'm signed up for a couple more months with MCKTV - doubt I will renew unless things improve.

I don't get your argument at all....

If MCKTV had originally been based on communication via Teletext....

.....would you be saying that they should still only be sending communications via Teletext because that's the way they have always done it?

I am a paying customer - they need to start working on their customer service.

Edited by theadmans

41 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Sorry,but it has not allways been based on FB,i have had an account with mcktv for years(when we were still in the championship i think) and never had a FB account.If they can send emails about a server switch then surely they can send one to explain why it's down.I don't think i'm going to renew either,a few more reliable services out there.The thing is why try to change a decent service when all people had to do is get a vpn which is easy.

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, theadmans said:

The VPN is not fixed - the email says so?

I got about 10 minutes into the Leicester game before I had to start using a VPN.

I am a paying customer - they need to start working on their customer service.

Mate, you’re paying to watch an illegal stream of the game, you should always be using a vpn when using mcktv, or any other illegal streaming service. 

It’s people like you who get the arse and expect the same services that you would get with Sky or Virgin when paying for this sort of thing that end up grassing them up and making it shitty for everyone else. 

Oh and the bit I’ve highlighted....ridiculous comment. You’re not a customer when paying somebody for shit like this. You have no rights whatsoever. Like it or lump it. 

45 minutes ago, stix said:

Mate, you’re paying to watch an illegal stream of the game, you should always be using a vpn when using mcktv, or any other illegal streaming service. 

It’s people like you who get the arse and expect the same services that you would get with Sky or Virgin when paying for this sort of thing that end up grassing them up and making it shitty for everyone else. 

Oh and the bit I’ve highlighted....ridiculous comment. You’re not a customer when paying somebody for shit like this. You have no rights whatsoever. Like it or lump it. 

Well I will pay someone else next time...

FACEBOOK SUCKS

...I am not talking about getting Virgin or Sky levels of service - just a simple email (which would cost them nothing).

Edited by theadmans

5 hours ago, theadmans said:

Can you clarify which add on please.

2 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Sorry,but it has not allways been based on FB,i have had an account with mcktv for years(when we were still in the championship i think) and never had a FB account.If they can send emails about a server switch then surely they can send one to explain why it's down.I don't think i'm going to renew either,a few more reliable services out there.The thing is why try to change a decent service when all people had to do is get a vpn which is easy.

I have had an account myself almost from the beginning, my first order number was double digits so was definitely in the first 100 using it and you joined the group and then you had to arrange it all on Facebook messenger directly with the guy running it 

31 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I have had an account myself almost from the beginning, my first order number was double digits so was definitely in the first 100 using it and you joined the group and then you had to arrange it all on Facebook messenger directly with the guy running it 

So if you had joined 1000 years ago using a stone tablet....

.....you'd still be recommending that method of communication.

32 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I didn’t do it through Facebook either. I ordered direct through a previous payment site. 

51 minutes ago, theadmans said:

So if you had joined 1000 years ago using a stone tablet....

.....you'd still be recommending that method of communication.

Sorry but I didn't recommend anything, the owner has chosen Facebook to be the base just because it is not your chosen method that’s not his or my fault, to me it has always been Facebook based as that’s where I joined at the very start and the group has always been there. 

facebook is ideal in my opinion because others can help with any issues that arise like I have tried to do on here