Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

The Return of the Tipping Thread

Missed the weekend but on page 5 the rules say Monday night is cut-off point so will go for Liverpool win and over 2.5 goals.

£10 @ 6/5 pays £22

He doesn't.

Only if Spieth wins the event he wins £72.50.

If Spieth places in the top 6, he gets 1/4 of the odds meaning he wins £17.50. Hence why he has listed win and place returns there.

For some reason I didn't notice the 10/1 part. Thought he said the odds were 1/4  :blush:

Scouse, I'm late to the party but hopefully I am not too late!

If not, my tip shall be £5 e/w on Jason Day (14/1 WH, paying top 6) in the USPGA Championship at Whistling Straits.

The Aussie is one of a handful of top players yet to win a major and this week he breaks his duck. He's been so close on numerous occasions (9 top 10's in 20 majors, six top 5's), notably at Augusta and more recently came up short of the playoff at St Andrews by a stroke. However, he showed no signs of disappointment as he powered to victory in Canada at the RBC Canadian Open, holing some critical putts down the stretch. The likes of Spieth, Watson and Rose are obvious dangers considering their recent form, but I think it's Jason's Day!

A lovely start. Great win for Jason Day, thoroughly deserved.

I was so tempted on Thursday to stick my bet on Koepka £5 EW, 50/1.. Bottled it and forgot to come on here Friday to put my bet on.

still time this game week to put your tenner on a benteke hat trick :whistle:

Nah, going to bottle it mate and not pick, if that is ok?

Really can't see much value.

haha yeah that's cool. think you'll win comfortably enough but like you say even in the handicaps/wincast markets trying to add extra notes onto just a Liverpool win I'm still struggling to get much of a price on anything interesting.

Might have a -3 or -4 if I get bored later, real chance you'll batter them imo cos they can't defend for shit and I've got a feeling Howe will be a bit stubborn/naive and think all out attack like in the championship is their best shot at anything other than losing.

Got benteke as my fantasy captain so hoping for a nice amount of points too :D

Did you notice that I changed my mind Scouse?

haha yeah just after I'd posted my post.

I'll have a table up either before the game tonight with tonight's tips pending or if I'm wild enough to stay awake long enough I'll complete it after.

good luck anyone having a go later and then we move onto next week in the morning :)

i've got a table ready to go but there are currently 7 people waiting on various bets to be settled by this MNF tonight, so i'll wait until after to post it in full. 

i can exclusively reveal that currently as a forum we are almost £150 in profit over the bookies though :D 

i've got a table ready to go but there are currently 7 people waiting on various bets to be settled by this MNF tonight, so i'll wait until after to post it in full.

i can exclusively reveal that currently as a forum we are almost £150 in profit over the bookies though :D

Your a splendid chap for doing this Scouse.

As the worlds worst better, it's good to be able to bet risk-free and still want the results to come in...

:thumbup:

Your a splendid chap for doing this Scouse.

As the worlds worst better, it's good to be able to bet risk-free and still want the results to come in...

:thumbup:

think you're one of those waiting on an easy liverpool win to get into the profit? fingers crossed! 

someone else came up with the idea last year i think and i think between us we only thought there'd be five or six interested, there's almost 50 atm lol

think you're one of those waiting on an easy liverpool win to get into the profit? fingers crossed!

someone else came up with the idea last year i think and i think between us we only thought there'd be five or six interested, there's almost 50 atm lol

You watch....they'll now 'not win'...lol

Again, you're a star for doing it. Much appreciated mate..

aaaand Week 2 is a wrap. 

As you can see from our table there's two new editions to the format. We've got the FT vs the Bookies as a whole and we're bloody well winning (thanks mainly to the top 4 or 5 of our league but we'll all take some credit for playing :D). And we've got a streak column to see who's hot right now. Which isn't really much use or interest at the moment as we're only two weeks in but in a few months we'll see who's treading water and who's making waves. 

c2f288a8-7521-4d60-84b1-1f624eab667b.png

It's been a real mixed bag this week tbf. We've had 93rd minute losers, 94th minute winners and everything in between. New-old boy (does that make sense?) HowardsBulletHeader was off to a flyer this season with a golf major winner @ a very tidy 14/1 so there's definitely a golf green/green for profit pun in there somewhere. 

As you can see 4 posters made it 2 from 2, with shanetko, EnderbyFox, Lcfc Jordan & Itsthejoeker all getting another slice of profit in their column. All quite comfortably in the end too, just how we like it. 

First wins for myself with an eeeeeasy double, Hollism with an even easier single and Col, Tincy, Donut and Ross Kemp all fired similarly priced doubles to just nudge into the green. Tidy. 17 tipsters in all in profit is nice to read and let's hope for more of the same in week 3, where we've got top class racing @ York with one of the biggest smash ups of recent times in the Juddemonte on Wednesday, we've got Champions League in the next few days and of course our regular dose of proper footaaay in 5 days time. Have fun. 

edit - as per if anyone's got any questions, queries or issues with theirs or anyone else's tips or profits then shout 'em out, this table was done in two parts due to MNF and it wouldn't surprise me at all if there's a quid or two missing here or there, no offence will be taken! 

Archived