Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

The Return of the Tipping Thread

What better week to use my first wildcard than the first!

Gaelic Football All Ireland Quarter Final

Saturday 8 August @ 4pm

Tyrone to beat Monaghan 13/8 £25 returns £65.75

Monaghan come into the game having won the Ulster Championship (beating Tyrone on the way) but don't have the Championship pedigree of Tyrone, who have reached 10 of the last 13 quarter finals.

Monaghan are favourites according to the bookies but I'm relying on Tyrone's experience to upset the odds.

Boom

yeah gonna keep it to one a week and that's that, cos last year i think one of the main downfalls was how messy it got, with people having 4 or 5 a week, week's overlapping, lack of updates (my fault sorry!) etc. 

hopefully with one or two new features and then keeping it much "cleaner" in terms of how minimalist it should end up being means it will stay fresh every week. just got in from work so plan on getting a table out tonight for last week's tips. 

like hollism said you're starting £10 ahead of most if you missed last week anyway lol 

HERE WE GO. 

Our first league table of the year and it's a right mix as you'd expect. 

fcb81ce0-1f4e-46cf-8d72-b8a37d71d3d2.png

Kicking it off at the top, Turtles Head keeps up the form of last year by blasting away to a lead. Nice. A wildcard used by Mark WNI and a winning one, just what it's there for! A lot of winning football doubles, quite a few involving City and Palace another popular, big odds shout. AUS87UK got a very nice start with Vardy and then City doing the business. An interesting shout out to itsthejoeker who's winner came from the pool and a nice winner it was too. 

A whole host of unlucky losers, myself included :D

12 tipsters in profit from 38 settled tips, nearly 1 in 3. Not a bad ratio, especially with the prices some have won at! Also, 40 tips over the weekend, great involvement from everyone there. 

We'll go again from the morning, with AKCJ's tip counting for the weekend just gone as technically it's that week's round of football. Therefore the gameweek of tips will run, every week, from Tuesday morning - Monday night. So you can get involved in anything you want, once, in those 7 days. Weekend football? check. Midweek football? check. Night racing? check. Big Saturday racing? check. Super Sunday? you got it. Later in the year we'll have golf, premier league darts, x factor! You choose, you win or lose. 

Let's go. 

also apologies about the pretty poor font size/type, it was genuinely the only one that would fit 50 rows onto one print screen haha, didn't expect there to be so many in the league. 

also apologies about the pretty poor font size/type, it was genuinely the only one that would fit 50 rows onto one print screen haha, didn't expect there to be so many in the league. 

Should have done 2 print screens tbh.

Just kidding, appreciate the effort that goes into this, unbelievable amount of green on show already. Well done winners!

Got to say fair bloody play Scouse!!

Followed last season and taking part this one, but to take the time to sort this out then work out the table..take my hat off sir!

nah like i said a few times last year it's quite quick when i eventually get round to it. took about 20 minutes tonight but the first one always takes longer cos it's adding new names, creating the table etc. next few week's it's mainly just highlighting the whole column and writing -£10 :D 

to get 40 tips in the first week is good too, makes it more worthwhile than 5 or 6 even if it does take a few minutes longer haha. 

Archived