Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

The Return of the Tipping Thread

I fancy Leicester & Palace both to win & BTTS (in each game) which returns £112, HOWEVER, I'm going to play safe and go with the following:

Shakhtar V Rapid Vienna (Shakhtar win or draw @ 2/9

Crystal Palace V Shrewsbury (Palace to win) @ 4/5

£10 @ 0.71 returns £17.11.

Was gonna do City to win and BTTS in a double last night with Burton to qualify vs Boro. Was gonna play the wildcard as well but didn't get around to it :D Probably gonna submit my tip on Sunday again now

£25 would have returned £216 as well and it nearly came in.

City v Bournemouth - over 2.5 goals, 8/11. 

Both teams have had a few goals at either end so far, don't see why that won't continue in this match (in our favour hopefully).

Man City win to nil, 11/10.

Haven't conceded so far this season, and being at home to Watford this weekend that looks like continuing.

£10 double pays £36.27

Am I only allowed to bet a tenner each week? what's the joker situation I keep reading about?

1 x £10 bet or £5 e/w bet per week, the joker is a £25 instead of a tenner bet, you only have 1 (I think) joker bet for the season so I guess you'd use it if your confident.

Plymouth (4/5) vs Newport - Plymouth have taken maximum points from 3 of their first 4 league games and currently sit 3rd in League Two. They have won their last two games and after an impressive 2-0 win at Northampton last time out, welcome a Newport side yet to win in all competitions this season. Having registered just a single point from their 4 league games they currently sit 23rd in the table. Plymouth are not shy of goals, only leaders Leyton Orient (11) have registered more than Plymouth (9) and they should have plenty to see off a struggling Newport, particularly at home.

Stoke (19/20) vs WBA - Stoke entertain struggling WBA at the Britannia where they are notoriously strong. Both sides are yet to win this season but that doesn't put me off Stoke, who have strengthened well during the summer, particularly with the acquisition of Xherdan Shaqiri who is surely set to cause havoc to many a Premier League defence once he settles in. West Brom have drawn a blank in 3 of their 4 games in all competitions so far and took penalties to see off Port Vale in midweek. Stoke also took penalties to see off Luton in midweek, which suggests neither side are particularly firing on all cylinders, but I'm hoping that this weekend Stoke register their first league win and keep their tag as a usually reliable home side.

£10 pays £35.10 with SkyBet.

Another poor week last week and im back into loss, as Man Utd inexplicably couldnt press home their home advantage against Newcastle.

So yet again, im needing to steady the ship with a safe selection to get something on the board

Saturday 29th August, 3:00pm Kick Off, Barclays Premier League

Chelsea (2/5) vs Crystal Palace

This wont be for the faint hearted, but Chelsea simply have to win the game to keep pace with Man City at the top of the table, especially considering they are likely to beat Watford at home.

Chelsea are boosted by the arrival of Pedro to the club, and the suspension of John Terry might be a blessing in disguise against the abundance of pace in the Palace team.

Palace are very worthy opponents but Chelsea's record against Palace is a good one, Chelsea have won 8 of the clubs, and have won 4 and drawn 1 of the last 5 played at Stamford Bridge.

No manager with beginning with P curse here for Mourinho, home win.

Saturday 29th August, 5:30pm Kick Off, German Bundesliga

Bayern Munchen (1/3) vs Bayer Leverkusen

Bayern have bolstered an already strong squad with the arrivals of Douglas Costa and Arturo Vidal, and simply dont lose at home. A 5-0 Drubbing of Hamburg on opening day was followed by a 2-1 victory away at Hoffenheim, and Bayern would love to make it 9 points from 9 to start the season strongly.

Leverkusen have had to deal with a tough champions league qualifier in mid week vs Lazio, and will be without two influential players for varying reasons. Midfield anchor, and much maligned Charles Aranguiz will be sidelined through injury, whilst prolific goalscorer Song Heung Min has just been sold to Spurs for around £20 million.

Bayer do have a perfect start in the league to defend, but Bayern took 6 points off them last season and will lay down an early marker in this one.

With Paddypower, £10 returns £18.67 that will creep me back into profit.

Leicester Everton £10 pays £142

My tip for this week:

Bournemouth vs Leicester

Away win @ 12/5

Tottenham vs Everton

Away win @ 14/5

£10 double @ 14.28 odds returns: £142.80

Scouse I'm benthefoxface not a new entry, just had name changed.

Just saw this, nice tip.

Archived