Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
promised land

Southampton away

That little run last season of Newcastle, Swansea & Southampton away in the space of about three weeks, three of the longest trips of the season, three awful ends, three defeats without a single goal scored. Yeah, that was a pretty forgetful point of last season.

That little run last season of Newcastle, Swansea & Southampton away in the space of about three weeks, three of the longest trips of the season, three awful ends, three defeats without a single goal scored. Yeah, that was a pretty forgetful point of last season.

Our end at Newcastle must have been one of the worst of the season.

I think it was a mixture of the performance being awful and so high up in the gods. The concourse before the game was brilliant though, shame we couldn't carry it on in the stadium.

I probably have a biased view as I was right next to their fans so thought the atmosphere was alright.

Rather have 100 16 year olds than the 3283192 women over 65 we seem to take to every game

I meant the Southampton fans that stand on the left of the away fans. Remember those women have earned their place there as much as you have. 

I meant the Southampton fans that stand on the left of the away fans. Remember those women have earned their place there as much as you have. 

Yeah I know you did, I was saying I would rather have southamptons annoying 16 year olds than our annoying old women.

Of course they have, they've undoubtedly supported the club for longer and because they're old and have money to burn they can afford to go to all the games.

I just feel like they should waive that right as soon as they start sitting down all game, bringing nothing to the atmosphere and complaining at others for having the cheek to stand up in front of them and block their view. Quite a sweeping generalisation but by and large it's pretty true from my experience at games.

Ok guys I think you've put me off this one lol

Of course but if we're being honest they don't make great away ends.

I think it was a mixture of the performance being awful and so high up in the gods. The concourse before the game was brilliant though, shame we couldn't carry it on in the stadium.

I'll never go to Newcastle again after 2009. 8 hours on a coach just so I could be forced to sit on my arse for 90 minutes by part timers who just wanted to see us plat at a big ground.

I'm surprised by how many people have had issues with sitting down. I go to a lot of away games and over the past 4/5 years I can only remember sitting at Stoke last season and that was due to the fact we were on Row 2.

If I ever get to my seat and people around me are sitting I'll just go and move towards the back where everyone is standing.

My Stoke tickets for next week were on row 5 so I went to the ticket office a couple of days later and they've changed then to row 33 for us.

Seems all too often the case at our aways now. Led by pissed-on-a-pint teens who want to be seen on Youtube moshing to fvcking "Everywhere we go" but can't actually be arsed to sing once we get outside.

Yeah I know you did, I was saying I would rather have southamptons annoying 16 year olds than our annoying old women.

Of course they have, they've undoubtedly supported the club for longer and because they're old and have money to burn they can afford to go to all the games.

I just feel like they should waive that right as soon as they start sitting down all game, bringing nothing to the atmosphere and complaining at others for having the cheek to stand up in front of them and block their view. Quite a sweeping generalisation but by and large it's pretty true from my experience at games.

Sitting at an away is horrible. Got forced to sit at Arsenal last season as was near the front (not by choice obv). Old people that wanna sit should make sure they get tickets near the front. Stewards were playing games at Spurs too.. after being told to do one a few times they got the message though.. what are they gonna do turf hundreds/thousands out. 

Think you can thank the club doing cheap buses for us having a somewhat large following of people that dont want to get lary. Trying to be as PC as possible. But you see a lot of 'special' people on the coaches. I get them myself several times a year and am concerned that I will start becoming a dribbling mess and pick up a bingo habit if I do it too often.

Seems all too often the case at our aways now. Led by pissed-on-a-pint teens who want to be seen on Youtube moshing to fvcking "Everywhere we go" but can't actually be arsed to sing once we get outside.

they love to throw near full pints all over the shop those boys (presumably to avoid drinking it) - do make a lot of concourse noise yes. Then you get out to the game and presumably they are all asleep after their 3 wkd blues and a quarter pint (rest tipped on some poor 8 year old) as its all gone quiet. Villa away in the cup was a disgrace for it. Surprised some of em didnt get knocked out. 

yeah i dont understand this concourse thing. been annoying me for a few years at aways now. you have to wade through 13 year olds lobbing plastic cups and crisps at each other to get to the stand and then they all go quiet and spend most the game watching the video of themselves in the concourse pre game. seems odd and quite stupid. guess it does give them the chance to show their classmates that they had half a pint of carlin for £5.50 before the game at the weekend when they're back in school on monday tho. 

You see videos of Everton & Newcastle fans singing in the concourse and it looks decent. Though that's probably because they have got a few good songs.

We do too but people won't sing them unless Man United, Palace, Celtic or Bradford (!) have sung it first and it's been featured on an 'Awaydaybantz' Facebook or Twitter as a result.

It was THE worst for me and up there with the worst I've ever been in. Couldn't believe how flat it was.

I think our ends are better than they were 2/3 years ago but agree that the concourses are actually getting a bit tedious in the sense that it is just a load of kids who are showing off, recording themselves doing it so they can brag about it. Why not do this in the stand? (Minus the recording bit which is quite sad)

I thought our end at Bournemouth was very flat and quite disappointing.

think thats how it can be when a large proportion are sozzled. A lot of tiredness/lethargy. You need a tipsy crowd with energy :D

think thats how it can be when a large proportion are sozzled. A lot of tiredness/lethargy. You need a tipsy crowd with energy :D

To a point yes but do you think Manchester United aways fans calculate their drinking so they are consistantly quality away from home?

Its mindset, you have to want to turn up belt your song list out with pride and outsing the home fans.

Too often we either just turn up and go through the motions or we have to give ours selves the tag of 'underdog' to give our best petformance as fans.

Go back to our traditional sing book, be proud, stand and give it a bloody good go.

I thought our end at Bournemouth was very flat and quite disappointing.

Agree that it was pretty crap. West Ham was very decent though.

To a point yes but do you think Manchester United aways fans calculate their drinking so they are consistantly quality away from home?

Its mindset, you have to want to turn up belt your song list out with pride and outsing the home fans.

Too often we either just turn up and go through the motions or we have to give ours selves the tag of 'underdog' to give our best petformance as fans.

Go back to our traditional sing book, be proud, stabd and give it a bloody good go.

Spot on. That's my attitude as well.

Archived